MSU Recruiting 2015

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kwcat
Member # Retired

Re: MSU Recruiting 2015

Post by kwcat » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:02 pm

Hawks86 wrote:Is this the who might leave or already left thread ?
Agree somewhat off thread. However I hope young Quinn tuffs his disappointments out and realizes he doesn't need to take a step down. I believe, as talented as he is he will have more than ample opportunity to thrive as a Bobcat as he hones his skills.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:37 am

Injuries and other positions should allow for ample opportunities.

Pro ball mustn't be in plans or Western wouldn't be an option. Soooo education wise why would some one drop down to Western. Doesn't make much sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:38 am

Father needs to help him think long term

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:05 am

kmax wrote:
LTown Cat wrote:
Cat_gang_or_die wrote:Brayden Konkol (SS,OLB) from Belgrade MT has recently committed to MSU! First Montana kid to do so!

Junior year: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Senior year: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How is his knee doing?
He played in Belgrade's opening round playoff loss to Dillon. It appeared to myself and those I was sitting around that perhaps he came back a bit soon, but can't fault a senior trying to will his team to a win in the playoffs. He made some big plays but we could also see he wasn't quite the same explosive player as he had been earlier in the year. Not sure if he was sick on top of the knee or what, but there were noticeable times where he came off after running a lot and looked like he was just completely gassed. Give him an off season to fully rehab and get back to form and he should be fine from what I saw. I'm really excited about this news that he will be a Cat and look forward to seeing him on the field in a few years.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
There were a couple times he limped off the field and I didn't think he was coming back in. Then a few plays later he would come back in. Must be a tough dude.

basincat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by basincat » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:15 am

HelenaCat95 wrote:Heard over the weekend that the Cats have offered Andrew Grinde Junior RB from CMR. He is one of the most physical running backs that I have ever seen in the AA. He is good, and would be a good pickup for us.

I hope so too. He is real good. Fast and quick for his size.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:19 pm

lutecat wrote:
kmax wrote:
LTown Cat wrote:
Cat_gang_or_die wrote:Brayden Konkol (SS,OLB) from Belgrade MT has recently committed to MSU! First Montana kid to do so!

Junior year: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Senior year: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How is his knee doing?
He played in Belgrade's opening round playoff loss to Dillon. It appeared to myself and those I was sitting around that perhaps he came back a bit soon, but can't fault a senior trying to will his team to a win in the playoffs. He made some big plays but we could also see he wasn't quite the same explosive player as he had been earlier in the year. Not sure if he was sick on top of the knee or what, but there were noticeable times where he came off after running a lot and looked like he was just completely gassed. Give him an off season to fully rehab and get back to form and he should be fine from what I saw. I'm really excited about this news that he will be a Cat and look forward to seeing him on the field in a few years.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
There were a couple times he limped off the field and I didn't think he was coming back in. Then a few plays later he would come back in. Must be a tough dude.
For those that didn't read Colter's article, it appears that he was indeed sick. Sounds like he got the flu the week leading up to the playoff game and was in pretty rough shape. Sounds like the dehydration led to some serious leg cramps, thus the limping off the field as you mentioned. Hell of a gutty effort he put in considering both the knee and battling the flu. Too bad Belgrade had all those turnovers early that really put the game out of reach for them.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:19 am

Bryson McCabe, Iowa Western CC, SS/LB has been offered.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:31 am

Wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in some JCs or dropdowns in the LB and Secondary. That's where our losses to graduation, and lack of experience in the youngsters is.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:27 pm

First verbal for 2016 is Belgrades Derek Marks. DE/TE. Anybody have any info. on him?

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:34 pm

Hawks86 wrote:First verbal for 2016 is Belgrades Derek Marks. DE/TE. Anybody have any info. on him?
I think he was an All-State Class A DE as a Sophomore.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:02 pm

New offer to Trevor Davis, Tumwater WA, RB/LB

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:48 pm

Hawks86 wrote:First verbal for 2016 is Belgrades Derek Marks. DE/TE. Anybody have any info. on him?
Where did you find that? Wow, surprised to see a verbal for next year so early. Either way congrats Derek =D^ =D^

Looks like he could be a very good DE
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cat_gang_or_die
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Cat_gang_or_die » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:15 pm

Maybe Konkol talked to Derek about becoming a bobcat considering their both from Belgrade

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:21 pm

I'm really impressed with Derek. As a TE he appears to be great at finding the open field, and had a few amazing catches. As a DE he has great hands and dominated his guy. He was very good a knocking the ball down at the line of scrimmage and using a swim move or just raw strength to get to the QB, also appears to have pretty good speed. . . oh and he is only a junior in those highlights.

The coaches must also be very impressed with him if they offered him already. Generally, especially with montana guys, we wait to offer them until mid season of their senior year at earliest unless they are the top players in the state. Guessing Derek will be one of the top guys next year.

Listed as 6-3 220 already.

Glad we already started the 2016 class off right =D^

profisme
Member # Retired

Post by profisme » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:36 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:I'm really impressed with Derek. As a TE he appears to be great at finding the open field, and had a few amazing catches. As a DE he has great hands and dominated his guy. He was very good a knocking the ball down at the line of scrimmage and using a swim move or just raw strength to get to the QB, also appears to have pretty good speed. . . oh and he is only a junior in those highlights.

The coaches must also be very impressed with him if they offered him already. Generally, especially with montana guys, we wait to offer them until mid season of their senior year at earliest unless they are the top players in the state. Guessing Derek will be one of the top guys next year.

Hopefully he can become what Brad Smith looked like he would be before he got hurt.

-Elias P. Harmon-

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:02 am

Bozeman Comical article on Konkol and Marks. http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sp ... paign=blox" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:27 am

New offer:

Maurice Davison, CB/WR
Servite High School, California

Our RB coach was an assistant there in '11

Also offered by: Sac State, Cal Poly, New Hampshire, Eastern Washington, Northern Arizona, Villanova, and idaho

Would be a huge get if you ask me

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:37 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:New offer:

Maurice Davison, CB/WR

Also offered by: Sac State, Cal Poly, New Hampshire, Eastern Washington, Northern Arizona, Villanova, and idaho

Very small. Listed as a CB at 5'9" on one site and 5'7" on another. Hopefully he grows if he wants to play corner. He's got great closing ability and speed. Would be an interesting scat back/slot receiver. A Demetrius Crawford or Everett Gilbert type maybe.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:45 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:New offer:

Maurice Davison, CB/WR

Very small. Listed as a CB at 5'9" on one site and 5'7" on another. Hopefully he grows if he wants to play corner. He's got great closing ability and speed. Would be an interesting scat back/slot receiver. A Demetrius Crawford or Everett Gilbert type maybe.
Listed as a 3 star on many recruiting sites.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:47 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:I'm really impressed with Derek. As a TE he appears to be great at finding the open field, and had a few amazing catches. As a DE he has great hands and dominated his guy. He was very good a knocking the ball down at the line of scrimmage and using a swim move or just raw strength to get to the QB, also appears to have pretty good speed. . . oh and he is only a junior in those highlights.

Marks is a standout thrower for the Belgrade track team. He threw the javelin almost 186 feet last year as a sophomore. He's already receiving interest from Oregon for track and from Washington State for football. Cats want him as a defensive end. If he gets a Pac 12 offer, this verbal might not hold...