MSU Recruiting 2015

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Re: MSU Recruiting 2015

Post by Bozcat003 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:03 pm

Cat_gang_or_die wrote:Brayden Konkol (SS,OLB) from Belgrade MT has recently committed to MSU! First Montana kid to do so!

Junior year: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Senior year: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Awesome news! =D^ Is he on full scholarship, partial, or walk-on?

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:19 pm

Cat_gang_or_die wrote:Brayden Konkol (SS,OLB) from Belgrade MT has recently committed to MSU! First Montana kid to do so!

Who are you to steal my scoop! This was going to be my Sunday evening story :evil:

Just kidding. I'll get ahold of Brayden tomorrow or Monday and have a write up. Congrats to him. He's a stud.

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:26 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:

Who are you to steal my scoop! This was going to be my Sunday evening story :evil:

Just kidding. I'll get ahold of Brayden tomorrow or Monday and have a write up. Congrats to him. He's a stud.
Full Ride?

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:13 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:

Really happy to see this. I wonder what position he'll play. I'm thinking safety or linebacker...but that's just a guess.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:38 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:

Really happy to see this. I wonder what position he'll play. I'm thinking safety or linebacker...but that's just a guess.
If he's really 6'2" 195 right now I'd imagine he'll be a LB for us. Good size either way but I'd love to see him there.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:41 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:

If he's really 6'2" 195 right now I'd imagine he'll be a LB for us. Good size either way but I'd love to see him there.
Appears to have good speed if that's how big he is already. I agree sounds like a great OLB

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:05 am

Any word on cats looking at any young qbs since our third string is heading out with several others ???

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:11 am

How is his knee doing?

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:27 am

GrizgradCatFan wrote:Any word on cats looking at any young qbs since our third string is heading out with several others ???
Huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:43 am

LTown Cat wrote:

How is his knee doing?
He played in Belgrade's opening round playoff loss to Dillon. It appeared to myself and those I was sitting around that perhaps he came back a bit soon, but can't fault a senior trying to will his team to a win in the playoffs. He made some big plays but we could also see he wasn't quite the same explosive player as he had been earlier in the year. Not sure if he was sick on top of the knee or what, but there were noticeable times where he came off after running a lot and looked like he was just completely gassed. Give him an off season to fully rehab and get back to form and he should be fine from what I saw. I'm really excited about this news that he will be a Cat and look forward to seeing him on the field in a few years.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:11 am

kmax wrote:
LTown Cat wrote:

How is his knee doing?
He played in Belgrade's opening round playoff loss to Dillon. It appeared to myself and those I was sitting around that perhaps he came back a bit soon, but can't fault a senior trying to will his team to a win in the playoffs. He made some big plays but we could also see he wasn't quite the same explosive player as he had been earlier in the year. Not sure if he was sick on top of the knee or what, but there were noticeable times where he came off after running a lot and looked like he was just completely gassed. Give him an off season to fully rehab and get back to form and he should be fine from what I saw. I'm really excited about this news that he will be a Cat and look forward to seeing him on the field in a few years.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Good to hear. I saw him play bball here and at divisionals last year. Heck of an athlete. On another level compared to the other 9 on the court.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:53 am

Heard over the weekend that the Cats have offered Andrew Grinde Junior RB from CMR. He is one of the most physical running backs that I have ever seen in the AA. He is good, and would be a good pickup for us.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:03 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
GrizgradCatFan wrote:Any word on cats looking at any young qbs since our third string is heading out with several others ???
Huh?
Please explain, GrizgradCatFan.

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:11 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Huh?
Could be an assumption? I heard McQueary's dad was disappointed that Quinn didn't start yesterday. Hope it's not true, quinn is a great athlete, coaches are looking for ways to get him on the field.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:14 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Huh?
Could be an assumption? I heard McQueary's dad was disappointed that Quinn didn't start yesterday. Hope it's not true, quinn is a great athlete, coaches are looking for ways to get him on the field.
Well they've had him at receiver. I didn't hear him name once the last couple weeks. Although yesterday I can see why they didn't use him there.

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:40 pm

Just heard rumors possibky that vitt, underdahl, and another headed to dawgs practice field next year. I think we already lost one to them already who transfered I think they should have tried him at another position after the dual was over as now its most likely to late

Cat_gld
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat_gld » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:48 pm

Yeah, it's too late. I believe Vitt left after spring ball. Have you any real news to offer?

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:50 pm

Well we already knew Vitt and Hughes left. They signed with Western. I wouldn't blame Quinn for leaving but he would start his senior year if he stayed.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:53 pm

Is this the who might leave or already left thread ?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:27 pm

Cody Vitt, Bo Hughes, Brad Nortdahl, Heath Hunter and Cody Dopps are among the former Bobcats who will play at Montana Western next season.