MSU Recruiting 2015

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cat_gang_or_die
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: MSU Recruiting 2015

Post by Cat_gang_or_die » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:07 pm

Daum and Ryan are both stud athletes that would be nice to have on offense in the future.. also heard Braden Konkol from Belgrade was at the spring junior day and recently picked up a scholarship from msu for defense (think maybe safety) not 100% sure he was offered or not but I believe he was... Also what about J.D Ferris qb from Dillon, he seems to be solid but is he good enough for msu? I believe he was at junior day as well, both him and McChesney seem a bit undersized but both good quarterbacks nonetheless

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:46 pm

I was under the impression Mcqueary switched this year because of depth concerns at WR due to all the injuries. Is he done with the qb position all together?!

grizhunter
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by grizhunter » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:23 am

RobertCats wrote:I was under the impression Mcqueary switched this year because of depth concerns at WR due to all the injuries. Is he done with the qb position all together?!
Ash stated that it was not a permanent switch.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:48 am

Cat_gang_or_die wrote:Daum and Ryan are both stud athletes that would be nice to have on offense in the future.. also heard Braden Konkol from Belgrade was at the spring junior day and recently picked up a scholarship from msu for defense (think maybe safety) not 100% sure he was offered or not but I believe he was... Also what about J.D Ferris qb from Dillon, he seems to be solid but is he good enough for msu? I believe he was at junior day as well, both him and McChesney seem a bit undersized but both good quarterbacks nonetheless
Konkol just had surgery on his MCL or Meniscus I believe. They said they couldn't repair it so they removed a portion of it. I know this speeds up recovery but I'm pretty sure it means he won't be the same athlete after. Maybe someone else can chime in but I wonder what this does to that MSU offer.

fsburr1
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by fsburr1 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:32 pm

If it's the Meniscus that's really not a huge issue. Sometimes the damage to a portion is just not worth repairing. Instead they clip off the offending piece and over time much of it will grow back, but not all of it. His knee will function better than before the surgery and could last decades before finally degrading. I doubt this will affect his offer.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:40 pm

fsburr1 wrote:If it's the Meniscus that's really not a huge issue. Sometimes the damage to a portion is just not worth repairing. Instead they clip off the offending piece and over time much of it will grow back, but not all of it. His knee will function better than before the surgery and could last decades before finally degrading. I doubt this will affect his offer.
Not sure where you're getting your information, but most of that simply is not true. If given the option, you should always choose to repair the meniscus rather than trim out the tear. Often times, the tear happens in a poorly vascularized area of the knee, so repairing the meniscus is not an option because it will not heal. However, the long-term outcomes for your knee will be better off if you are able to repair it. In the short-term, he probably will not notice much of a difference within 4 to 6 months had he gone through and repaired the tear. I've never heard much of a tear in any cartilage naturally repairing itself overtime if the torn cartilage has been removed.… The body just doesn't work that way unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GO CATS GO!!!

fsburr1
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by fsburr1 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:33 pm

Thanks Bozonecat.

Happened to me many years ago, the result of football and wrestling damage. Back then they actually removed the entire meniscus on one side of my knee and half of the other. Granted, they don't do that anymore but they did when I was 16 and 45 years later it's going strong. Also had arthroscopic in my other knee in my 40's. Can't complain. Just lucky I guess. I wish the best for our young prospect.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:58 am

Bailey Gaither a WR from Paso Robles , CA, verballed to San Jose State.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:03 am

Hawks86 wrote:Bailey Gaither a WR from Paso Robles , CA, verballed to San Jose State.
Bummer he looked like a good prospect. Good luck to him.

I know Davion Davis (WR from Texas) and Dakota Prukop have been talking. he would be a good get.

NewEra
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by NewEra » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:45 am

Easton Trakell visited this weekend. I believe there were other recruits as well.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:59 am

NewEra wrote:Easton Trakell visited this weekend. I believe there were other recruits as well.
Good to get Trakell out on a visit early for the 2016 class, he's a stud. He was with Tumwater teammate Trevor Davis LB/RB who has "interest" from MSU, but I don't think has been offered. Colter would probably know the other guys ?

msu_agfan
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:32 am

I've never really followed the recruiting process before. When do we usually start to get commits? Are we on an average pace this year?

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:50 pm

No commits so far. MSU had 25 guys in this weekend, all in-state guys who can come get tickets that are left for them. Not official visits. The only big-name guy here was Dalton Daum from Butte.

Most of the out of state guys won't make trips until December or January, I'm told.

I've updated the recruiting list with confirmed offers. About 10 new ones added to the table, plus new commitments to other schools for a slew of guys:

http://bobcatnation.com/msu-recruiting-15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:49 am

Not "confirmed" but some others that I think have been offered.

Kyle Sweet, Santa Margarita, CA, WR
Ben Schrider, St. Mary's CA, LB
Roderick Young, Dekaney TX, DT
Dehonta Hays, Lincoln WA, WR
Jayson Williams, Lincoln WA,WR
Jason Erdmann, Slinger WI, DT
Chris Gessell, St. Augustine CA, C/G
Mason Manning, Capital WA,T/DE
Sam Inos, Tigard OR, ath
Gio De Lorea, Downey CA, T
Fotu Leiato, Steilacoom WA, LB
Steven Latu, Lehi UT, DE

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:11 am

Hawks86 wrote:Not "confirmed" but some others that I think have been offered.

Kyle Sweet, Santa Margarita, CA, WR
Ben Schrider, St. Mary's CA, LB
Roderick Young, Dekaney TX, DT
Dehonta Hays, Lincoln WA, WR
Jayson Williams, Lincoln WA,WR
Jason Erdmann, Slinger WI, DT
Chris Gessell, St. Augustine CA, C/G
Mason Manning, Capital WA,T/DE
Sam Inos, Tigard OR, ath
Gio De Lorea, Downey CA, T
Fotu Leiato, Steilacoom WA, LB
Steven Latu, Lehi UT, DE
Yep I am pretty sure most of those guys were offered as well. I think Sam Inos, Kyle Sweet, and Jayson Williams would be huge gets. Ben Schrider I think will be going to Navy.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:51 am

Offered Nick Navarro, Jurupa Hills-Fontana, CA, LB

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:20 am

Does anyone know how many scholarships we'll have next year(roughly)? I can't believe that we still don't have a commit yet

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:54 am

blueandgoldblitz wrote:Does anyone know how many scholarships we'll have next year(roughly)? I can't believe that we still don't have a commit yet
There are 17 SR's plus Marino and some other guys who retired/left. I really can't remember that many recruits verbal-ling in Oct., other than a few MT kids here and there.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:01 am

Did we ever figure out what Prevost decided on doing? Is he going the JC route, or is he taking a year off (greyshirt) to get eligible?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:18 am

wbtfg wrote:Did we ever figure out what Prevost decided on doing? Is he going the JC route, or is he taking a year off (greyshirt) to get eligible?

From Colters article
It’s unknown if Prevost’s application was not accepted because of low test scores or poor grades or a combination of both. He could qualify by the end of the fall semester and return to MSU for spring drills in 2015. Because he signed a National Letter of Intent, he would have to be released from his scholarship by the Bobcats before pursuing another school should he become eligible. At the end of the first year, his scholarship will be up for renewal, something MSU likely wouldn’t do if he still wasn’t squared away academically.
http://bobcatnation.com/node/894" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is WaWa Leota in the same boat ?