Scrimmage

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Scrimmage

Post by canyoncat » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:24 am

Does anybody know what time the scrimmage starts on Saturday? Thinking of coming down.

GO CATS!!!

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Re: Scrimmage

Post by coachouert » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:25 am

canyoncat wrote:Does anybody know what time the scrimmage starts on Saturday? Thinking of coming down.
10:30 in the AM

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

Walk-on

Post by Walk-on » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:32 am

MSU website says 10:30.

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

StealthyCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by StealthyCat » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:45 am

10:30am? What's the benefit of an early scrimmage start time vs. a "standard" 1pm start?
Less folks will attend (guessing)
Cooler temperature (factoid)

Can't think of any positives unless there's a schedule conflict? Or that's the only time the F15s are available for a fly over, 8)
I'll be there regardless to support the team.

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. (Vince Lombardi)

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:49 am

StealthyCat wrote:10:30am? What's the benefit of an early scrimmage start time vs. a "standard" 1pm start?

Can't think of any positives unless there's a schedule conflict? Or that's the only time the F15s are available for a fly over, 8)
Maybe by getting done early, it lets some of the Montana athletes still leave early to get home for Easter...

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

StealthyCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by StealthyCat » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:24 am

coachouert wrote:
StealthyCat wrote:10:30am? What's the benefit of an early scrimmage start time vs. a "standard" 1pm start?

Maybe by getting done early, it lets some of the Montana athletes still leave early to get home for Easter...
That's a positive!

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. (Vince Lombardi)

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:31 pm

StealthyCat wrote:
coachouert wrote:

That's a positive!
Only after a 4 a.m. lifting session! :D

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:34 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
StealthyCat wrote:
coachouert wrote:

That's a positive!
Only after a 4 a.m. lifting session! :D
The good news is that you can cover a 4 am lifting session at noon. :-^

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

msusportsinfo
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by msusportsinfo » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:46 pm

The scrimmage will begin at 10:30am, due in part to a few events around Bobcat Stadium, as well as the holiday weekend, this was the time that worked best. Pick up your 2014 Bobcat Football Schedule Posters by Gate 15 and stick around after to learn Hands-Only CPR brought to you by Gallatin Heart Rescue and the Bobcat Football Team!

Looks like we've got some good weather in store for us, too! The event will be free and open to the public and we look forward to seeing you there!

#gocatsgo

gocats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by gocats » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:03 pm

Makes it hard to go when I get done working at 6:30. I'm usually sleeping by 10:30.

Alcohol doesn't make you fat, it makes you lean.... on chairs, tables and random ugly people....

tdub

Post by tdub » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:22 pm

msusportsinfo wrote:The scrimmage will begin at 10:30am, due in part to a few events around Bobcat Stadium, as well as the holiday weekend, this was the time that worked best. Pick up your 2014 Bobcat Football Schedule Posters by Gate 15 and stick around after to learn Hands-Only CPR brought to you by Gallatin Heart Rescue and the Bobcat Football Team!

Looks like we've got some good weather in store for us, too! The event will be free and open to the public and we look forward to seeing you there!

#gocatsgo
Man....you guys really take the "Cardiac Cats" to heart. 8)

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:30 pm

tdub wrote:
msusportsinfo wrote:The scrimmage will begin at 10:30am, due in part to a few events around Bobcat Stadium, as well as the holiday weekend, this was the time that worked best. Pick up your 2014 Bobcat Football Schedule Posters by Gate 15 and stick around after to learn Hands-Only CPR brought to you by Gallatin Heart Rescue and the Bobcat Football Team!

#gocatsgo
Man....you guys really take the "Cardiac Cats" to heart. 8)
Right! I'm actually pretty certain that if they kept stats on fan heart-attacks during games, we'd be the all time champion.

gtfcat84
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by gtfcat84 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:35 am

Will there be a tailgate scrimmage?

'You can't ride home on a bowl of goat' - Ron White

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:42 pm

Did the scrimmage actually go down today or did Ash decide it was too nice for football and go with a pizza party instead? For a fan base that brags about the "best coverage in FCS" you guys sure have crappy coverage. :lol:

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:43 pm

I couldn't make it to Bozeman today - I'd love to hear how the scrimmage went. Who/what stood out good or bad. Thanks!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:50 pm

91catAlum wrote:I couldn't make it to Bozeman today - I'd love to hear how the scrimmage went. Who/what stood out good or bad. Thanks!!

Heres the article from MSU:
http://www.msubobcats.com/news/2014/4/1 ... h=football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

a couple of my thoughts:
- Brekke has a solid day. We have a TON of running backs
- We should have a great secondary with Bryson Keeton, and Deote Flowers. . . Barnett seemed to be all over the place
- Oline struggled at times
- If the season started tomorrow Prukop would be our starting QB, Daly would be our starting kicker.

Overall it is tough to evaluate with so many players sitting out. Add in Anthony Knight, WaWa Leota, and the stud freshman we have coming in (Herbert, Dodd, Marino ect.) there should be a whole lot of talent come fall.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:34 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:I couldn't make it to Bozeman today - I'd love to hear how the scrimmage went. Who/what stood out good or bad. Thanks!!

Heres the article from MSU:
http://www.msubobcats.com/news/2014/4/1 ... h=football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

a couple of my thoughts:
- Brekke has a solid day. We have a TON of running backs
- We should have a great secondary with Bryson Keeton, and Deote Flowers. . . Barnett seemed to be all over the place
- Oline struggled at times
- If the season started tomorrow Prukop would be our starting QB, Daly would be our starting kicker.

Overall it is tough to evaluate with so many players sitting out. Add in Anthony Knight, WaWa Leota, and the stud freshman we have coming in (Herbert, Dodd, Marino ect.) there should be a whole lot of talent come fall.
Agreed.
Mac Bignell was all over the field too. He had a great day.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

remember the SCOOP!
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by remember the SCOOP! » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:00 pm

Prokup looked good.

I liked the new announcers! Lots of energy. Hopefully one them will be announcing this fall.

kcatz

Post by kcatz » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:36 pm

I thought it sounded like Tyler Wiltgen announcing does anyone know for sure.

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:42 pm

Sounds like the new announcers were the highlight of the scrimmage. That's always a good sign. :-k