MSU best secondary, OL and linebackers in BSC?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: MSU best secondary, OL and linebackers in BSC?

Post by Plainiac » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:03 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Plainiac wrote:
Alex Thomas could beat Brekke in the 100 running backwards with his eyes closed. Herbert Gamboa is faster than any cat recruit ever. As far as taking the bet, I'm still thinking about it. One things for sure though - I won't be bullied or intimidated by the likes of you. Just remember, the bigger they are, the harder they fall Mr. Baker.

PS. I hope you don't kiss your mother with that mouth. You need to grow up and learn to communicate without hurling profanity-laced insults. [-X

Price has a better time than Gamboa and Wilson was originally a football recruit who also is faster. Brekke and Thomas are pretty equal in the 100 but Brekke is faster in the 200. Brekke is also quicker on the football field.
You're not just wrong...you're "bobcat wrong". Being "bobcat wrong" means that you are as wrong as you can possibly be. Congrats. \:D/

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:22 pm

Plainiac wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Plainiac wrote:The Griz LBs will be fast, athletic and physical this year. The LBs last year had a huge impact on the Griz/cat game last year and the same will be true in Missoula this year. In fact, we've got a couple LBs that are faster than any cat RB, so I'm not too worried about it.
You say a ton of stupid isht, but this is by far and away the dumbest thing out of your head. Brekke did what in the 100 in high school? And Davis is faster than half your team. SJ is faster than your ENTIRE team.

Please take the damn bet so we can get your stupid ass out of here.
Alex Thomas could beat Brekke in the 100 running backwards with his eyes closed. Herbert Gamboa is faster than any cat recruit ever. As far as taking the bet, I'm still thinking about it. One things for sure though - I won't be bullied or intimidated by the likes of you. Just remember, the bigger they are, the harder they fall Mr. Baker.

PS. I hope you don't kiss your mother with that mouth. You need to grow up and learn to communicate without hurling profanity-laced insults. [-X
You are so wrong it's funny. But I am to much of an insider to argue with you. I know more than you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:43 pm

Plainiac wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
Plainiac wrote:

Price has a better time than Gamboa and Wilson was originally a football recruit who also is faster. Brekke and Thomas are pretty equal in the 100 but Brekke is faster in the 200. Brekke is also quicker on the football field.
You're not just wrong...you're "bobcat wrong". Being "bobcat wrong" means that you are as wrong as you can possibly be. Congrats. \:D/
No, I'm right and you are still a troll and a liar. Congrats.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:49 pm

Mr. Baker. You're so wrong that, as odd as it sounds, you're almost right. Big Bruce "wrongadongadingdong" Baker.

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:54 pm

Hawks86. What does the 86 stand for? My guess is 86 degrees to the left of being right. As far as being a troll and a liar, just remember - one man's troll and liar is another man's french model.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:11 pm

Plainiac wrote:Mr. Baker. You're so wrong that, as odd as it sounds, you're almost right. Big Bruce "wrongadongadingdong" Baker.
I can't even carry on a conversation with you.

I'm just glad we have a certifiable Griz insider in our midst. It's nice to have such a "legitimate" source of info on the western school.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:42 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Plainiac wrote:Mr. Baker. You're so wrong that, as odd as it sounds, you're almost right. Big Bruce "wrongadongadingdong" Baker.
I can't even carry on a conversation with you.

I'm just glad we have a certifiable Griz insider in our midst. It's nice to have such a "legitimate" source of info on the western school.

I don't know about the insider part, but he is certifiable.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

Weltercat
Member # Retired

Post by Weltercat » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:59 pm

BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:I think that struggle is a myth.
2012 - Sampson first team, Foster second team, Catalano HM.
2011 - Burbank and Terrien first team, Foster second team, Sampson HM.
2010 - Person first team, Terrien and Begger second.

Well you guys seam to bitch about it a lot for being a myth haha. Do you not worry that Kirk probably made last years group look much better than they were even? Kirk was a tackle breaking machine.
I'm afraid this is true.
Also, I hate to agree with the griz fans about our RB situation. Johnson is not an everyday back. I think we will need to rely on Brekke very heavily and Newell should be playing LB.

"The conservation of natural resources is the fundamental problem. Unless we solve that problem it will avail us little to solve all others." Theodore Roosevelt

Bobcat Steve
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcat Steve » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:37 pm

Weltercat wrote:
BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:I think that struggle is a myth.
2012 - Sampson first team, Foster second team, Catalano HM.
2011 - Burbank and Terrien first team, Foster second team, Sampson HM.
2010 - Person first team, Terrien and Begger second.

Well you guys seam to bitch about it a lot for being a myth haha. Do you not worry that Kirk probably made last years group look much better than they were even? Kirk was a tackle breaking machine.
I'm afraid this is true.
Also, I hate to agree with the griz fans about our RB situation. Johnson is not an everyday back. I think we will need to rely on Brekke very heavily and Newell should be playing LB.
I do not think that is true at all. Kirk was hurt last year and the line had to perform. Knight is an every day back and Newell does not play LB here because he wouldn't play

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:47 pm

Kirk was great at breaking tackles, but his drawbacks were injuries and speed. You need to be good at breaking tackles when you don't hit holes quickly, but breaking tackles leads to injuries. He had three significant injuries in his career and only got through one year uninjured. If you play RB you're gonna get hurt, but three times in four years is too much.

MSU, with its injury prone ways, should focus more on having 3-4 guys that it trusts to play RB than picking a starter. Had that been the case last year there's a good chance the Bobcats don't miss the playoffs.

MSU's line was opening holes over the last 8 games, but when Kirk was injured he wasn't getting there. I think MSU averaged about 5.0per rush from UND to UNC, but around 3.0 vs. Southern Utah and UM. All I know is there were holes in those last two games, but they weren't hit.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:01 pm

Plainiac wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
Plainiac wrote:I see the cats as a 3-5 win team this Fall. The peak of the Ash years was two years ago. Last year represented the slide back toward mediocrity and this year will be just a bit worse. With some luck, you guys might get to .500, but I doubt it. The Big Sky is gonna be a two horse race this year between UM and EWU. UM will have the fastest linebackers in the conf. which will help in coverage and one of the best D-Lines in the conf. as well.
Put your knowledge on the line then. A simple bet. No money involved. If the Cats win more than 5 games this fall. Delete your account and let BN ban your ISP address.
I'll think about it. The only wildcard is the weak schedule you guys put together this year (congrats, even weaker than usual).
You're hilarious. MSU's schedule is weak? Since when is a road game against a decent FBS A-State team and a home games against a now perennial SLC power UCA and Top 5 EWU teams come off as easy? It's definitely just as challenging as your team's schedule.

Non-conf:

WYO < A State (WYO sucks), CWU > Black Hills, UCA >> USD, EWU = NDSU, maybe even EWU > NDSU (NDSU won't be the same with the loss of their coach and all of those seniors).

Conf:

Common opponents:
UND (UM away, MSU home, adv. MSU)
CSUS (UM home, MSU away, adv. UM)
CPSLO (Both away, tie)
UCD (UM home, MSU away, adv. UM)

Rest of games:
ISU=UNC (both home)
WSU<SUU (road game for UM so harder)
PSU<EWU, but MSU will have played them earlier in the season, potentially with more healthy players

Looks like it pretty much balances out to me. Bonjour!

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:20 pm

"Bobcat Wrong". It's like "Boston Strong", but different. You people are comedy gold, I'll give you that. \:D/

MSU Toddler

Post by MSU Toddler » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:00 pm

It's unfortunate - use to enjoy coming to BN and learning about the Cats...

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:17 pm

MSU Toddler wrote:It's unfortunate - use to enjoy coming to BN and learning about the Cats...

Ahhh. It's OK li'l toddler. I'll get you your sippy cup of warm milk and a blankie and you can take a little cat nap. Things will be better in the morning. :-({|=

MSU Toddler

Post by MSU Toddler » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:27 pm

Plainiac wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:It's unfortunate - use to enjoy coming to BN and learning about the Cats...

Ahhh. It's OK li'l toddler. I'll get you your sippy cup of warm milk and a blankie and you can take a little cat nap. Things will be better in the morning. :-({|=
How about you shut the f*ck up and quit acting like a child? Do you seriously have nothing better to do with you life than act like a prick? Good luck with that...

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:08 pm

MSU Toddler wrote:
Plainiac wrote:

How about you shut the f*ck up and quit acting like a child? Do you seriously have nothing better to do with you life than act like a prick? Good luck with that...
Dude. Chillax. Yes, the Griz came into bozo last fall and put a beat down on your cats (that, for you, is the bad news). On the other hand, the sun came up the next day and your still here looking forward to this year (that, for you, is the good news). If past history is any indication, your cats are in for another serious beating this November in Missoula (bad news). However, sometimes the bozos catch lightning in a bottle and squeak out a victory (good news). Stay positive lil' toddler.

MSU Toddler

Post by MSU Toddler » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:26 pm

Plainiac wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
Plainiac wrote:

Dude. Chillax. Yes, the Griz came into bozo last fall and put a beat down on your cats (that, for you, is the bad news). On the other hand, the sun came up the next day and your still here looking forward to this year (that, for you, is the good news). If past history is any indication, your cats are in for another serious beating this November in Missoula (bad news). However, sometimes the bozos catch lightning in a bottle and squeak out a victory (good news). Stay positive lil' toddler.
I can see where your self importance comes from - the success or failure of some college kids and attempting to be funny/trying to torment others/acting like a class clown. Sort of bleak if you ask me, but if that's what floats your boat....good luck.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:58 pm

Time for a ban! Seriously that dude has to go. He's never contributed a thing to this board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Bobcat Jim
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcat Jim » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:16 pm

It is hard not to respond to Plainiac's idiotic posts, but just ignore him and maybe he will go away and have a conversation with himself.

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:26 am

Plainiac wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Plainiac wrote:The Griz LBs will be fast, athletic and physical this year. The LBs last year had a huge impact on the Griz/cat game last year and the same will be true in Missoula this year. In fact, we've got a couple LBs that are faster than any cat RB, so I'm not too worried about it.
You say a ton of stupid isht, but this is by far and away the dumbest thing out of your head. Brekke did what in the 100 in high school? And Davis is faster than half your team. SJ is faster than your ENTIRE team.

Please take the damn bet so we can get your stupid ass out of here.

Alex is over at our house a lot when my son is back in town. I like the kid but your comment regarding Thomas and Brekke is plain stupid.

IYAACYAS