MSU best secondary, OL and linebackers in BSC?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: MSU best secondary, OL and linebackers in BSC?

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:14 am

The old thanksgiving smack. Doesn't really work the way it used to. Keep trying.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:15 am

ImagineSanta wrote:
Plainiac wrote:I love the optimism of cat fans. No QB, no home run threat at WR, a OL that always underperforms (but the OL coach is the best in all of college football), a decimated DL, and a secondary that, other than Flowers, will be somewhere between weak and quite weak. You guys are the Charlie Brown of FCS football. I mean that in the most complimentary way possible.
I'm pretty sure losing in the NC five times is the epitome of being the "Charlie Brown of the FCS."
:rofl:

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:32 am

Placidlakegriz wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Placidlakegriz wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Placidlakegriz wrote:
ImagineSanta wrote:
Plainiac wrote:I love the optimism of cat fans. No QB, no home run threat at WR, a OL that always underperforms (but the OL coach is the best in all of college football), a decimated DL, and a secondary that, other than Flowers, will be somewhere between weak and quite weak. You guys are the Charlie Brown of FCS football. I mean that in the most complimentary way possible.
I'm pretty sure losing in the NC five times is the epitome of being the "Charlie Brown of the FCS."
Really??? Top 2 team 7 times in the last 18 years. This is what the bobcats consider being the "epitome of being the Charlie Brown of the FCS". What does this make the kittens?? I'm trying to remember how many times the kittens made it to the championship game over the same period of time?
The fact you have to come on here and defend your "all mighty program" against our "lowly program" says it all.
Im just trying to understand the thinking from our little brother. Its what family does.
You should try to understand the drivel from your "brothers" like Plainiac first... If you want to talk football with us be our guests. If you want to perpetuate mindless ramblings of how much better this years team is going to be than ours based on how your team played a decade ago... well then GTFO and go back to ejizz where that crap is welcome.

Take a deep breath there little brother luckyirishguy, it will be ok. You will get to have another thanksgiving home with the family.

Well and you see I'd disagree with you. After all I am a cat fan and you are a griz fan, but I'd like to point out that I believe, even though it is still spring, that we know a little bit more about our team than yours due to the awesome coverage we get from our in house reporter, who likes to tell it like it is. As of right now I believe our defense will be extremely better than last year, and if the O line is improved this year, which it looks like it has we will be steamrolling teams again this year.

Now unfortunately I don't know much about how the griz are progressing through the spring. I pop over to egriz from every now and then to sift thru, honestly mostly a circle jerk, to try and find some relevant posts on how your boys are looking. What I do know is you guys lost a lot. 3 studs LB's and all of your Hauck era players, which for you guys sucks, because Hauck was an amazing recruiter. Delaney and the UM football program doesn't seem to be doing all that great, when comparing to the Hauck or Pflugrad eras, or even to MSU's recent recruiting years. that doesn't mean the griz are going to be terrible, monsters come from no where all the time. I just feel informed more about the cats and have a good feeling going into this fall. The Cats will be a 1 or 2 team in the BSC this year, I think we beat the Griz but not sure about EWU... they've got some freaks.

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:47 am

I see the cats as a 3-5 win team this Fall. The peak of the Ash years was two years ago. Last year represented the slide back toward mediocrity and this year will be just a bit worse. With some luck, you guys might get to .500, but I doubt it. The Big Sky is gonna be a two horse race this year between UM and EWU. UM will have the fastest linebackers in the conf. which will help in coverage and one of the best D-Lines in the conf. as well.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:57 am

Plainiac wrote:I see the cats as a 3-5 win team this Fall. The peak of the Ash years was two years ago. Last year represented the slide back toward mediocrity and this year will be just a bit worse. With some luck, you guys might get to .500, but I doubt it. The Big Sky is gonna be a two horse race this year between UM and EWU. UM will have the fastest linebackers in the conf. which will help in coverage and one of the best D-Lines in the conf. as well.
Put your knowledge on the line then. A simple bet. No money involved. If the Cats win more than 5 games this fall. Delete your account and let BN ban your ISP address.

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:15 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Plainiac wrote:I see the cats as a 3-5 win team this Fall. The peak of the Ash years was two years ago. Last year represented the slide back toward mediocrity and this year will be just a bit worse. With some luck, you guys might get to .500, but I doubt it. The Big Sky is gonna be a two horse race this year between UM and EWU. UM will have the fastest linebackers in the conf. which will help in coverage and one of the best D-Lines in the conf. as well.
Put your knowledge on the line then. A simple bet. No money involved. If the Cats win more than 5 games this fall. Delete your account and let BN ban your ISP address.
I'll think about it. The only wildcard is the weak schedule you guys put together this year (congrats, even weaker than usual).

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:31 pm

I suppose you were out there timing your allstar LB's... you're such a mouth-breather. I bet you continually go through and reread your old posts because you like to hear yourself talk huh?

Bobcat Steve
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcat Steve » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:43 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
I suppose you were out there timing your allstar LB's... you're such a mouth-breather. I bet you continually go through and reread your old posts because you like to hear yourself talk huh?

They will need good speed when our backs blow by them. I guess you would describe them as very fast with a lot of experience?

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:35 pm

The Griz LBs will be fast, athletic and physical this year. The LBs last year had a huge impact on the Griz/cat game last year and the same will be true in Missoula this year. In fact, we've got a couple LBs that are faster than any cat RB, so I'm not too worried about it.

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:05 pm

Plainiac wrote:The Griz LBs will be fast, athletic and physical this year. The LBs last year had a huge impact on the Griz/cat game last year and the same will be true in Missoula this year. In fact, we've got a couple LBs that are faster than any cat RB, so I'm not too worried about it.
Not saying they won't be...but what are you basing that on? There is very limited playing time from ANY of the griz LB's. Spring practices are closed there. So when did you get an accurate assessment? Or is that just a shot in the dark opinion based off what...high school tapes where all these recruits look great?

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:19 pm

tdub wrote:
Plainiac wrote:The Griz LBs will be fast, athletic and physical this year. The LBs last year had a huge impact on the Griz/cat game last year and the same will be true in Missoula this year. In fact, we've got a couple LBs that are faster than any cat RB, so I'm not too worried about it.
Not saying they won't be...but what are you basing that on? There is very limited playing time from ANY of the griz LB's. Spring practices are closed there. So when did you get an accurate assessment? Or is that just a shot in the dark opinion based off what...high school tapes where all these recruits look great?
I'm a very good evaluator of talent. Spring practices are closed only to outsiders, and I've seen a lot of good things out of this new crop of Griz LBs. Take it to the bank.

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:22 pm

Plainiac wrote:
tdub wrote:
I'm a very good evaluator of talent. Spring practices are closed only to outsiders, and I've seen a lot of good things out of this new crop of Griz LBs. Take it to the bank.
Well heck, good 'nuf for me. Just because you say so is more than enough to convince me. :^o

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:30 pm

I'm getting ready to head down to Wa-Griz for the scrimmage. Should be a damn good time. Got a funny text from a buddy in Great Falls who planned on attending the Triangle classic. He wrote simply "Been here for half and hour...where the hell is everybody?" :lol:

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:08 pm

Your supposed "Buddy" is less than simple, by association. :-$

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

Rjones61
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Rjones61 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:43 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
gtapp wrote:
BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
LTown Cat wrote:I think you could make a case for RB as well. I know they are much more unproven but I think they will prove they are at or near the top as a group by seasons end.
Are you Joking??? Canada, Van, Counts, Nguyen...EWU is stacked at RB as well. Johnson is all you have and he is less of a true RB in my eyes and more of a move him around explosive home run hitter type. You give him the ball 20x a game and he'll be injured by the 4th game!
Yes, much better than the griz!! Johnson, Knight, Brekke are all better than anyone on the griz and Newell and LaSane are probably as good.
Jordan Canada scored almost as many touchdowns (16) as Gunnar Brekke (19) or Chad Newell (17) had carries last year. Nick LaSane has never touched the ball in college. Montana State has great depth at running back and a slew of backs with great potential, but to say two second-year players are better than one of the top three or four running backs in the Big Sky isn't accurate.

Montana State has the best linebackers in the Big Sky. It's not close. Even with any injuries, they'll have two seniors coming off the bench.

I'm not sure where MSU's secondary will stack up just yet, but the corners will be substantially better than last year, I guarantee it.
Hold up =;

Eastern may not have a great defense, but I would make the case that the Eagles will return the best linebacker corps. Just look at the statistics:

Top Tacklers in the Big Sky:

8. Ronnie Hamlin EWU
12. Alex Singleton MSU
18. Cody McCarthy EWU
37. Michael Foster MSU

Rjones61
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Rjones61 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:43 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
gtapp wrote:
BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
LTown Cat wrote:I think you could make a case for RB as well. I know they are much more unproven but I think they will prove they are at or near the top as a group by seasons end.
Are you Joking??? Canada, Van, Counts, Nguyen...EWU is stacked at RB as well. Johnson is all you have and he is less of a true RB in my eyes and more of a move him around explosive home run hitter type. You give him the ball 20x a game and he'll be injured by the 4th game!
Yes, much better than the griz!! Johnson, Knight, Brekke are all better than anyone on the griz and Newell and LaSane are probably as good.
Jordan Canada scored almost as many touchdowns (16) as Gunnar Brekke (19) or Chad Newell (17) had carries last year. Nick LaSane has never touched the ball in college. Montana State has great depth at running back and a slew of backs with great potential, but to say two second-year players are better than one of the top three or four running backs in the Big Sky isn't accurate.

Montana State has the best linebackers in the Big Sky. It's not close. Even with any injuries, they'll have two seniors coming off the bench.

I'm not sure where MSU's secondary will stack up just yet, but the corners will be substantially better than last year, I guarantee it.
Hold up =;

Eastern may not have a great defense, but I would make the case that the Eagles will return the best linebacker corps. Just look at the statistics:

8. Ronnie Hamlin EWU
12. Alex Singleton MSU
18. Cody McCarthy EWU
37. Michael Foster MSU

Bobcat Steve
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcat Steve » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:03 am

Rjones61 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
gtapp wrote:
BadlandsGrizFan wrote:

Hold up =;

8. Ronnie Hamlin EWU
12. Alex Singleton MSU
18. Cody McCarthy EWU
37. Michael Foster MSU
And then if you add in the tackles for loss 16.5 for Singleton interceptions 3. Didn't see your guys MSU #1 =D^ =D^ =D^
Then you add in the fact that Na'a will be back this year BOW TO THE KINGS

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:16 am

You say a ton of stupid isht, but this is by far and away the dumbest thing out of your head. Brekke did what in the 100 in high school? And Davis is faster than half your team. SJ is faster than your ENTIRE team.

Please take the damn bet so we can get your stupid ass out of here.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:16 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
You say a ton of stupid isht, but this is by far and away the dumbest thing out of your head. Brekke did what in the 100 in high school? And Davis is faster than half your team. SJ is faster than your ENTIRE team.

Please take the damn bet so we can get your stupid ass out of here.
Alex Thomas could beat Brekke in the 100 running backwards with his eyes closed. Herbert Gamboa is faster than any cat recruit ever. As far as taking the bet, I'm still thinking about it. One things for sure though - I won't be bullied or intimidated by the likes of you. Just remember, the bigger they are, the harder they fall Mr. Baker.

PS. I hope you don't kiss your mother with that mouth. You need to grow up and learn to communicate without hurling profanity-laced insults. [-X

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:45 am

Plainiac wrote:
Alex Thomas could beat Brekke in the 100 running backwards with his eyes closed. Herbert Gamboa is faster than any cat recruit ever. As far as taking the bet, I'm still thinking about it. One things for sure though - I won't be bullied or intimidated by the likes of you. Just remember, the bigger they are, the harder they fall Mr. Baker.

PS. I hope you don't kiss your mother with that mouth. You need to grow up and learn to communicate without hurling profanity-laced insults. [-X

Price has a better time than Gamboa and Wilson was originally a football recruit who also is faster. Brekke and Thomas are pretty equal in the 100 but Brekke is faster in the 200. Brekke is also quicker on the football field.