MSU best secondary, OL and linebackers in BSC?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BadlandsGrizFan
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: MSU best secondary, OL and linebackers in BSC?

Post by BadlandsGrizFan » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:38 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:I think that struggle is a myth.
2012 - Sampson first team, Foster second team, Catalano HM.
2011 - Burbank and Terrien first team, Foster second team, Sampson HM.
2010 - Person first team, Terrien and Begger second.

Well you guys seam to bitch about it a lot for being a myth haha. Do you not worry that Kirk probably made last years group look much better than they were even? Kirk was a tackle breaking machine.

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:45 pm

BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:I think that struggle is a myth.
2012 - Sampson first team, Foster second team, Catalano HM.
2011 - Burbank and Terrien first team, Foster second team, Sampson HM.
2010 - Person first team, Terrien and Begger second.

Well you guys seam to bitch about it a lot for being a myth haha. Do you not worry that Kirk probably made last years group look much better than they were even? Kirk was a tackle breaking machine.
That is a good point, I guess we are hoping Anthony Knight can provide something like that. At 6-1 240 he is a truck of a runningback. Also, Shawn John is an underrated running back between the tackles. He is pretty good at that. Watch the NAU game and you'll see just that. Its tough to replace a guy like Kirk, but hopefully with an improved oline and a little more speed at running back we will be ok

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:53 pm

Plainiac wrote:I love the optimism of cat fans. No QB, no home run threat at WR, a OL that always underperforms (but the OL coach is the best in all of college football), a decimated DL, and a secondary that, other than Flowers, will be somewhere between weak and quite weak. You guys are the Charlie Brown of FCS football. I mean that in the most complimentary way possible.
Just wait and see on the RB's. I think you will be pleasantly surprised on how deep the Cats will be this year. They have a very good combination of Speed/Power. If you throw WaWa Leota in there and they let him play FB some around the GOAL line we will have a RED ZONE blocking MASHER!

Yes, the WR position is what I am most worried about.
Last edited by CARDIAC_CATS on Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:58 pm

Well Dorial Green Beckem just got dismissed from Missouri. So hes available. :-)

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

BadlandsGrizFan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BadlandsGrizFan » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:14 pm

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
Plainiac wrote:I love the optimism of cat fans. No QB, no home run threat at WR, a OL that always underperforms (but the OL coach is the best in all of college football), a decimated DL, and a secondary that, other than Flowers, will be somewhere between weak and quite weak. You guys are the Charlie Brown of FCS football. I mean that in the most complimentary way possible.
Just wait and see on the RB's. I think you will be pleasantly surprised on how deep the Cats will be this year. They have a very good combination of Speed/Power and if you throw WaWa Leota in there if they let him play FB some around the GOAL line we will have a RED ZONE blocking MASHER!

Ahhhh the Fullback, a dying bread. We're lucky to be able to snag ours from Boise State, kids a beast!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:26 pm

Hawks86 wrote:The OL situations can be summed up with one guy. Kody Grelle. IMO he was a flat out stud and true center who would have been a JR. this season and would have started last year.. He gets some weird ass infection that almost kills him and has to retire.
He got an Ass Infection?

:lol:

I know what you meant.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:27 pm

BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
Just wait and see on the RB's. I think you will be pleasantly surprised on how deep the Cats will be this year. They have a very good combination of Speed/Power and if you throw WaWa Leota in there if they let him play FB some around the GOAL line we will have a RED ZONE blocking MASHER!

Ahhhh the Fullback, a dying bread. We're lucky to be able to snag ours from Boise State, kids a beast!
I guess Auburn wanted WaWa Leota as a FB. Watch his film the kid can just destroy people as a FB.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:38 pm

Go fist yourself

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:02 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Go fist yourself
You're angry, but I get it. I would be to if I were a cat fan. Thankfully I'm not. I'm a Griz fan and that makes me better than you. You see, Grizzlies are at the very top of the predator food chain while bobcats are small, furtive little creatures that avoid contact and drink milk out of saucers.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:13 pm

HelenaCat95 wrote:Well Dorial Green Beckem just got dismissed from Missouri. So hes available. :-)

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
Cool.

Fields was an asst AD there. Go get him Pete!

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:21 pm

Plainiac wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
Go fist yourself
You're angry, but I get it. I would be to if I were a cat fan. Thankfully I'm not. I'm a Griz fan and that makes me better than you. You see, Grizzlies are at the very top of the predator food chain while bobcats are small, furtive little creatures that avoid contact and drink milk out of saucers.
Good thing animals play football.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:40 pm

Plainiac wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
Go fist yourself
You're doing it wrong, go home.

ImagineSanta
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ImagineSanta » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:29 pm

I'm pretty sure losing in the NC five times is the epitome of being the "Charlie Brown of the FCS."

I think you don't get it. Sleeping in until 6 won't get many people very far in life, especially if they want to play on Sunday.
-Cat Grad

Placidlakegriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Placidlakegriz » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:55 am

ImagineSanta wrote:
I'm pretty sure losing in the NC five times is the epitome of being the "Charlie Brown of the FCS."
Really??? Top 2 team 7 times in the last 18 years. This is what the bobcats consider being the "epitome of being the Charlie Brown of the FCS". What does this make the kittens?? I'm trying to remember how many times the kittens made it to the championship game over the same period of time?

bpcats20
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by bpcats20 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:22 am

Linebacking corp - they should be tops in the Big Sky or near the top

Offensive line - have a chance of developing into a solid unit. Loss of Devereaux after one year of starting hurts. We are getting better recruits each year in that area so I don't think that unit will ever be a weakness, but to become a dominant unit in the Big Sky...that the players will have to establish themselves.

Secondary - I would imagine that SUU and EWU and even UM may have stronger secondaries, but we should be solid.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:58 am

Placidlakegriz wrote:
ImagineSanta wrote:
Really??? Top 2 team 7 times in the last 18 years. This is what the bobcats consider being the "epitome of being the Charlie Brown of the FCS". What does this make the kittens?? I'm trying to remember how many times the kittens made it to the championship game over the same period of time?
The fact you have to come on here and defend your "all mighty program" against our "lowly program" says it all.

Placidlakegriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Placidlakegriz » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:38 am

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Placidlakegriz wrote:
ImagineSanta wrote:
The fact you have to come on here and defend your "all mighty program" against our "lowly program" says it all.
Im just trying to understand the thinking from our little brother. Its what family does.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:50 am

Placidlakegriz wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Placidlakegriz wrote:
ImagineSanta wrote:
Im just trying to understand the thinking from our little brother. Its what family does.
You should try to understand the drivel from your "brothers" like Plainiac first... If you want to talk football with us be our guests. If you want to perpetuate mindless ramblings of how much better this years team is going to be than ours based on how your team played a decade ago... well then GTFO and go back to ejizz where that crap is welcome.

Placidlakegriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Placidlakegriz » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:03 am

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Placidlakegriz wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Placidlakegriz wrote:
ImagineSanta wrote:
You should try to understand the drivel from your "brothers" like Plainiac first... If you want to talk football with us be our guests. If you want to perpetuate mindless ramblings of how much better this years team is going to be than ours based on how your team played a decade ago... well then GTFO and go back to ejizz where that crap is welcome.

Take a deep breath there little brother luckyirishguy, it will be ok. You will get to have another thanksgiving home with the family.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:08 am

Placidlakegriz wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Placidlakegriz wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Placidlakegriz wrote:
ImagineSanta wrote:

Take a deep breath there little brother luckyirishguy, it will be ok. You will get to have another thanksgiving home with the family.
This isn't a smack board son...so unless you are really interested in discussing the Cats, then maybe go to the Smack board and jack your jaws! COBN!