Triangle Classic worthwhile event for all involved (FREE)

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Triangle Classic worthwhile event for all involved (FREE)

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:54 pm

Montana State's annual trip to Great Falls benefits fans and players alike.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Re: Triangle Classic worthwhile event for all involved (FREE

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:15 pm

Here's Bill Lamberty's press release on the Triangle Spring Game...

MSU PRESS RELEASE

Regardless which Montana State football coach is asked what he hopes to see during Saturday's Triangle Classic Scrimmage in Great Falls, the team's first practice under game-like situation this spring, the initial answer is delivered with a nervous laugh.

"Health," smiles defensive coordinator Jamie Marshall. "Good weather," offensive coordinator Tim Cramsey offers. "Just to get through it," Bobcat head coach Rob Ash says.

While Montana State's annual trek to Great Falls is always a highlight of the spring, circumstances have interjected some caution and trepidation into this year's proceedings. The Cats have been plagued by injuries from the beginning of spring drills - some from last fall - which have led to creative personnel packages and altered expectations.

"The guys have adapted very well," Ash said. "We've made improvement and are making some good evaluations. Saturday's scrimmage won't be lengthy because we're just so thin at some spots, but we'll get some good work in."

Cramsey's eyes will be trained where everyone else's are - on the quarterbacks. Junior Jake Bleskin, from Great Falls, and Bozeman product Tanner Roderick are locked on a battle for starting honors with sophomore Dakota Prukop, and the next two Saturday's give Cramsey his last two scrimmage evaluations until August.

"I want to see continued improvement from the quarterbacks," Cramsey said. "I want them to continue to take what the defense is giving them. Jake and Dakota have each completed a very high percentage of their passes. I've been very impressed with all three of them this spring."

While Marshall continues to evaluate the situation at the cornerback position opposite Deonte Flowers and the nickel back spot, he hopes for more big-picture improvement on Saturday. "I hope to see better execution," he said. "I expect the execution to be better and I want the experienced guys battling for playing time to take another step up."

Kickoff Saturday is at 1:30 pm at Memorial Stadium in Great Falls. The cheer and football clinics on Saturday morning have been moved to Paris Gibson Middle School, and will likely be held in the gym. Friday's Triangle Classic Banquet, featuring guest speaker Dr. Mark Emmert, President of the NCAA and a former MSU administrator, begins at 6 pm.

Counter Assault
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Counter Assault » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:37 am

So is the game at 10 or 1:30? The MSU bobcat club site says 10?

Do they sell tix at the gates?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:00 am

Counter Assault wrote:So is the game at 10 or 1:30? The MSU bobcat club site says 10?

Do they sell tix at the gates?
The football and cheer clinics are at 10

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:23 am

Does anyone have a recap from the banquet? Did Emmert say anything thought provoking? ????

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:49 am

TomCat88 wrote:Does anyone have a recap from the banquet? Did Emmert say anything thought provoking? ????

Kyle has a pretty good article on Emmert in the Comical. The only other interesting thing I read. Fields said we will have "at least" 2 night games this season.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:16 am

Here's the audio of our interview. I could have talked to Emmert for hours. We went at him pretty hard, but he was very candid, honest and articulate in all of his answers.

PODCAST: Triangle Classic - NCAA President Mark Emmert
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=33067" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let me know if you want the full transcript. If I get at least 10 takers, I'll type it all up.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:17 am

Side note: It's snowing sideways here in Great Falls. This Triangle scrimmage is about to be an adventure.

Other side note: Alex Singleton was wearing a sling last night at the banquet because of a shoulder injury...

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:22 am

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:46 am

Hawks86 wrote:Image
Actually really like that poster! Suprised they went with Weidenaar and not Catalono. Everyone else is a senior. But that looks sharp

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:01 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:
Actually really like that poster! Suprised they went with Weidenaar and not Catalono. Everyone else is a senior. But that looks sharp
Had to get a Montana guy on there lest everyone lose their minds... :shock:

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:02 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
Had to get a Montana guy on there lest everyone lose their minds... :shock:
Which actually brings to mind something interesting. Brian Flotkoetter, Weidenaar and Kyle Godecke on offense, Taylor Dees on defense will be the only Montana guys starting this year. When was the last time a Montana team only had four starters from Montana?