Ja'Bryce Taylor?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

basincat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Ja'Bryce Taylor?

Post by basincat » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:09 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:
basincat wrote:
PHAT CAT wrote:Bad news fellas. He's not coming.

Good
Please explain.

Firstly, I don't think we need a receiver as bad as everyone seems to think. We have playmakers at receiver, especially when Roderick ends back up there. Secondly, everybody always seems to think every time we get anyone from an FBS school they are the next savior. Rarely the case. People fail to realize that SMU was hardly a better team than us last year. Outside maybe their top couple receivers which he was not, our receivers and the receivers we have coming up are probably as good as theirs if they have someone to get the ball to them. Yeah, he returned a punt on us, but I could have ran that back. Thirdly, I don't trust kids who are kicked off their team. Usually means they have an attitude problem. Yeah we don't know the whole story, but June Jones felt that along with whatever else he stood for was bad enough to let him go. Add in what Colter said yesterday, which was that he was putting stuff on twitter just to screw with people which is dumb....and I'm glad we didn't get him, if that is true.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:13 am

basincat wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
basincat wrote:

Good
Please explain.

Firstly, I don't think we need a receiver as bad as everyone seems to think. We have playmakers at receiver, especially when Roderick ends back up there. Secondly, everybody always seems to think every time we get anyone from an FBS school they are the next savior. Rarely the case. People fail to realize that SMU was hardly a better team than us last year. Outside maybe their top couple receivers which he was not, our receivers and the receivers we have coming up are probably as good as theirs if they have someone to get the ball to them. Yeah, he returned a punt on us, but I could have ran that back. Thirdly, I don't trust kids who are kicked off their team. Usually means they have an attitude problem. Yeah we don't know the whole story, but June Jones felt that along with whatever else he stood for was bad enough to let him go. Add in what Colter said yesterday, which was that he was putting stuff on twitter just to screw with people which is dumb....and I'm glad we didn't get him, if that is true.
That's a great explanation.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:31 am

Personally, I would feel a lot more comfortable with a WR transfer coming in this summer (whether its Taylor or someone else). Flotkoetter is the only WR on the roster with any decent experience....

FTG- GO CATS GO!

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:50 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:
Did you see Colter's post? Just wondering in case you're only reading Taylors tweets.

Hyman visited ODU about a month ago. That's all I can find on him.
I don't do tweeter. I have my people for intel.

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:58 am

mslacatfan wrote:Personally, I would feel a lot more comfortable with a WR transfer coming in this summer (whether its Taylor or someone else). Flotkoetter is the only WR on the roster with any decent experience....
He would of been a really good pick up for us. We need help at wideout, big time. Anyone who say's different, needs to back away from the bong.

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:19 pm

This guy sounds like a serious head-case. I think you guys are better off without him.

I'm talking about Phat Cat by the way.

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:27 pm

Looks like plainiac missed its school bus again today... [-X Phat Cat's info is usually spot on, thanks for the updates Frank. Keep up the good work.

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:30 pm

Plainiac wrote:This guy sounds like a serious head-case. I think you guys are better off without him.

From your previous posts, I can only assume that he turned you down on a date. Sour grapes? Better luck next time.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:35 pm

allcat wrote:
Plainiac wrote:This guy sounds like a serious head-case. I think you guys are better off without him.

From your previous posts, I can only assume that he turned you down on a date. Sour grapes? Better luck next time.
Lol....... 8)

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:40 pm

basincat wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
basincat wrote:

Good
Please explain.

+1

If your left, you aren’t right.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:54 pm

Would you guys be saying the same thing if,hypothetically, it was a MT kid who was a 3star recruit out of high school and signed with a FBS school, played sparingly his true freshman year then was dismissed for unknown reasons?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:11 pm

Hawks86 wrote:Would you guys be saying the same thing if,hypothetically, it was a MT kid who was a 3star recruit out of high school and signed with a FBS school, played sparingly his true freshman year then was dismissed for unknown reasons?
I figured someone would say something about MT players, just didn't think it would be you. For me I would feel the same way, they were kicked off for a reason. I didn't like giving Thomas another chance but they did so you accept it and move, doesn't mean I like it.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:25 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:Would you guys be saying the same thing if,hypothetically, it was a MT kid who was a 3star recruit out of high school and signed with a FBS school, played sparingly his true freshman year then was dismissed for unknown reasons?
I figured someone would say something about MT players, just didn't think it would be you. For me I would feel the same way, they were kicked off for a reason. I didn't like giving Thomas another chance but they did so you accept it and move, doesn't mean I like it.
I'm not above throwing a jab every now and again. :D

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:39 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
During the fall semester, Connor Thomas made the President's Honor Roll, meaning he is one of less than 700 of Montana State's almost 16,000 students with a perfect 4.0 grade-point average. He is an incredibly hard-working student and football player who will contribute this fall on the field and will continue to excel in the classroom. He was the valedictorian of Kalispell Flathead and had a 4.0 at Flathead Valley CC. He's had a 4.0 his entire varsity athletic career. I think giving him a second chance was a justifiable decision.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:19 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
During the fall semester, Connor Thomas made the President's Honor Roll, meaning he is one of less than 700 of Montana State's almost 16,000 students with a perfect 4.0 grade-point average. He is an incredibly hard-working student and football player who will contribute this fall on the field and will continue to excel in the classroom. He was the valedictorian of Kalispell Flathead and had a 4.0 at Flathead Valley CC. He's had a 4.0 his entire varsity athletic career. I think giving him a second chance was a justifiable decision.
The question is, "do we give Hi Line a second chance to redeem himself for over commenting on this topic?" A big FAT NO!!! 8)

Cat_gld
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat_gld » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:23 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
The question is, "do we give Hi Line a second chance to redeem himself for over commenting on this topic?" A big FAT NO!!! 8)
+1

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:34 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
And I'm supposed to redeem myself for what, because I don't believe in the same thing as others?

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:41 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
And I'm supposed to redeem myself for what, because I don't believe in the same thing as others?
I believe you missed the irony in whether or not to give a second chance. I think it was intende as humor that missed the target.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:16 am

allcat wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
I believe you missed the irony in whether or not to give a second chance. I think it was intende as humor that missed the target.
Maybe, but it probably was the usual since I didn't conform to the the overall feel on the board then some felt the obligation to teach me a lesson. :roll: I'm glad Thomas is doing well in school and has matured from where he was as a high school kid, I wish him the best. I probably wouldn't have given him the chance to come back to the football team, but I'm not the coach and I don't know what is best for the team like the coaches do, so I accept it and cheer for him on Saturdays.

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:35 am

Thomas came back as a walk on and had to prove himself to the coaches. I am not even sure if he is on scholarship yet. He has turned out to be a good gamble on second chances. Some will work some won't, but we won't hear much about the ones that do work out.

GO CATS!!!