Ja'Bryce Taylor?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Ja'Bryce Taylor?

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:09 pm

yeah, I think everyone needs to wait and see what the actual story is.... crazy how people jump to conclusions. #-o

FTG- GO CATS GO!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:20 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:Heck, if Jimmy Wilson can do what he did and go on to play in the NFL, then I really could care less who we put on our team as long as they are "good guys" while they play in our program. Just thinking like a griz fan is all. If this kid has a sexual assault against him, he would be better off at UM, in fact he would fit right in over there.
Show me where this young man has a sexual assault charge against him. Some dude posted one post claiming this BS on a SMU fan site. I've been to the site and read the post. Give me a fu-kin break. You know, it's crap like this that makes us look like a pack of dip sh-t's. It sickens me. I sure in hell hope that I never have to go on trial, with some of the people on this site sitting on my jury. They will believe any BS that's thrown at the wall.
I'm with you for the most part PHAT CAT, but GoCats18 did say "If...," so I think we can all agree that if he does have a sexual assault charge he wouldn't be coming here until he was cleared, which is true for any athlete being recruited at any school in the nation. This is exactly, unfortunately, what happened in the Knight case last year. He was charged, falsely, with a felony and MSU missed a year of his services, which was nothing compared to what Knight went through.

I find it hard to believe that the MSU coaches would be actively recruiting Taylor if they know he's been charged with sexual assault. I also find it hard to believe that he's been legally charged simply because it hasn't been in the media.

If true (I'm not saying it is by any stretch), then I would have to wonder if the accuser only took her accusation to the school and the SMU student court found him guilty and expelled him, which satisfied her and hence there are no public statements available for MSU or anyone else. I'm not sure if SMU, as a private school, is subject to the same Title IX rules as public schools are, but I wouldn't be surprised that even if they aren't, that they have their own rules that are very similar. ??? Such a sticky subject and definitely one that no one should be making any strong statements about.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:34 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
PHAT CAT wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:Heck, if Jimmy Wilson can do what he did and go on to play in the NFL, then I really could care less who we put on our team as long as they are "good guys" while they play in our program. Just thinking like a griz fan is all. If this kid has a sexual assault against him, he would be better off at UM, in fact he would fit right in over there.
Show me where this young man has a sexual assault charge against him. Some dude posted one post claiming this BS on a SMU fan site. I've been to the site and read the post. Give me a fu-kin break. You know, it's crap like this that makes us look like a pack of dip sh-t's. It sickens me. I sure in hell hope that I never have to go on trial, with some of the people on this site sitting on my jury. They will believe any BS that's thrown at the wall.
I'm with you for the most part PHAT CAT, but GoCats18 did say "If...," so I think we can all agree that if he does have a sexual assault charge he wouldn't be coming here until he was cleared, which is true for any athlete being recruited at any school in the nation. This is exactly, unfortunately, what happened in the Knight case last year. He was charged, falsely, with a felony and MSU missed a year of his services, which was nothing compared to what Knight went through.

I find it hard to believe that the MSU coaches would be actively recruiting Taylor if they know he's been charged with sexual assault. I also find it hard to believe that he's been legally charged simply because it hasn't been in the media.

If true (I'm not saying it is by any stretch), then I would have to wonder if the accuser only took her accusation to the school and the SMU student court found him guilty and expelled him, which satisfied her and hence there are no public statements available for MSU or anyone else. I'm not sure if SMU, as a private school, is subject to the same Title IX rules as public schools are, but I wouldn't be surprised that even if they aren't, that they have their own rules that are very similar. ??? Such a sticky subject and definitely one that no one should be making any strong statements about.
I'm a little closer to this deal then others on this board. I'm sick of good kids getting thrown under the bus by jackwagons, that don't know sh-t. Oh, and guess who's back at practices this week. Yep, he's wearing a red a 11.

Bobcat Steve
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcat Steve » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:38 pm

And why was he gone???? Does not mean anyone was wrong

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:47 pm

Bobcat Steve wrote:And why was he gone???? Does not mean anyone was wrong
Maybe it's none of your fu-kin business? Just like it's none of mine.

Bobcat Steve
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcat Steve » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:53 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
your probably right about it none of yours

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:07 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
If we all call ourselves bobcat fans isn't it relevant at least? I mean we pay to watch these kids and most of us give them our support win or lose, so at the very least it's got to be relevant.

If your left, you aren’t right.

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:23 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
PHAT CAT wrote:
If we all call ourselves bobcat fans isn't it relevant at least? I mean we pay to watch these kids and most of us give them our support win or lose, so at the very least it's got to be relevant.
Good point. What is relevant is what is the truth. No where have I seen someone with nothing more then "I read, I heard". Steve, put your money where your mouth is. I'll pm you or you pm me, and lets see who's put more cash into this program, big boy. I hope your company gave $100,000.00 to build the first field at Reno H Sales in 1972. If not? Blow me.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:31 pm

Alrighty then

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:38 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
PHAT CAT wrote:
Good point. What is relevant is what is the truth. No where have I seen someone with nothing more then "I read, I heard". Steve, put your money where your mouth is. I'll pm you or you pm me, and lets see who's put more cash into this program, big boy. I hope your company gave $100,000.00 to build the first field at Reno H Sales in 1972. If not? Blow me.
Wow, I don't even look at like that. I meant I give what I can which isn't much, but I'm there every week to support them.

If your left, you aren’t right.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:42 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
PHAT CAT wrote:

I'm a little closer to this deal then others on this board. I'm sick of good kids getting thrown under the bus by jackwagons, that don't know sh-t. Oh, and guess who's back at practices this week. Yep, he's wearing a red a 11.
Point taken Phat Cat...

MSUcantouchus

Post by MSUcantouchus » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:46 pm

This site is going all egriz, come on guys act like bobcats

I hate dark pink

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:47 pm

mslacatfan wrote:Alrighty then
Sorry. I don't mean to be rude. Everyone loves the Cats as much as I do. Money don't matter. What does matter is people posting about rumors. It just pisses me off. It's BS.

Triple C
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Triple C » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:52 pm

Wow... the "I'm greater than you are because I donate more money" argument. Nice. =D^

Stitt: "Griz got 5 best in state. Small Montana class, but quality" Translation? "We didn't want all of the ones we offered"

kyle_sample
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by kyle_sample » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:28 pm

For whatever it's worth, there is probably a reason an MSU coach follows him on Twitter

Cat8191
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cat8191 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:37 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
ibleedblue wrote:Whoa whoa whoa.....first Knight out of Nevada who got the boot and now this kid who got the boot off SMU? We are at risk of being the next Thug U comment rolling off Pat Williams lips.

Rumor is he got kicked off team for a sexual assault. Not sure I agree with welcoming these guys with open arms. How am I supposed to tease my Gizz friends when we are becoming worse off.
Are you a real clown or do you just play one on the internet? WOW?
This is exactly what I was thinking. I have to associate daily with people that wear griz sweatshirts and license plates, and share common ancestry with some others. But no one I would call a friend. And I assume those "relatives" are bastards.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:41 am

PHAT CAT wrote:
Hence why I subscribe to the Put Your Name on It idea of not bashing football players at our FCS school based on rumors and smears.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:08 pm

E cats these days. Spring football and we should be excited. Too much calling each other out and BS smack talk. Can't we all just get along? Think about the children!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Last edited by lutecat on Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:02 am

I was simply making a joke, mainly about Jimmy Wilson. If this kid left the team under his own will, I hope we put everything we have into picking this kid up. If he was kicked off for something that is being kept secret at the moment, and that includes sexual assult, then I am sure the coaches would be hesitant to rush into something until they knew 100% that he was cleared and not guilty. So, until we get the true facts, maybe we should all just move on to something else.

Punters are people too!!

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:05 pm

GoCats18 wrote:I was simply making a joke, mainly about Jimmy Wilson. If this kid left the team under his own will, I hope we put everything we have into picking this kid up. If he was kicked off for something that is being kept secret at the moment, and that includes sexual assult, then I am sure the coaches would be hesitant to rush into something until they knew 100% that he was cleared and not guilty. So, until we get the true facts, maybe we should all just move on to something else.
=D^ =D^ =D^ Agreed.