Spring football

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Re: Spring football

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:26 am

mslacatfan wrote:How about
1. We wait and see if he even becomes a Bobcat.
2. If he does become a Bobcat we wait and see what the actual report/facts are.

One thing I can say about Coach Ash is that I trust his judgement in this area 100%.
This =D^

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:03 am

basincat wrote:Colter,
I was curious your thoughts on Vitt? His name seems to be popping up. Is he getting to run with the ones at all or getting the same looks the other backs are? Also, Bo Hughes' name is popping up quite a bit. Is he making a case for himself at safety?
I was noticing the same thing in regards to Vitt and Hughes. However, I haven't seen Dallas Hayes mentioned much at all. I was really hoping this kid was going to have a break out spring.

GO CATS!!!

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:07 am

ImagineSanta wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:I was thinking the same thing Hi-Line. You shouldn't have started your stuff IMO, and this sexual assault business is about as thin as it comes. When I read about it from a confirmed source then we can talk but until then it's just rumor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Believe me I learned my lesson on that one, if I have tidbits of information or what I think is, i'm gonna keep it to myself.
Of course, it would have nothing to do with your persona the last five years, but what do I know?
Please tell me what that would be, my persona that is?

If your left, you aren’t right.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:12 am

canyoncat wrote:
I was curious your thoughts on Vitt? His name seems to be popping up. Is he getting to run with the ones at all or getting the same looks the other backs are? Also, Bo Hughes' name is popping up quite a bit. Is he making a case for himself at safety?
I was noticing the same thing in regards to Vitt and Hughes. However, I haven't seen Dallas Hayes mentioned much at all. I was really hoping this kid was going to have a break out spring.
I saw a mention of him by Colter or Kyle or ??? I can't remember what it said, but it was something about needing to get better in one area or another. I haven't heard much about Thomas, Bignell or Folsom either.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:21 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
ImagineSanta wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:I was thinking the same thing Hi-Line. You shouldn't have started your stuff IMO, and this sexual assault business is about as thin as it comes. When I read about it from a confirmed source then we can talk but until then it's just rumor.

Believe me I learned my lesson on that one, if I have tidbits of information or what I think is, i'm gonna keep it to myself.
Of course, it would have nothing to do with your persona the last five years, but what do I know?
Well I would say that you are not exactly like me, which naturally makes you wrong when we disagree. Other than that you seem ok to me. :-k

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:26 am

allcat wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
ImagineSanta wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

Well I would say that you are not exactly like me, which naturally makes you wrong when we disagree. Other than that you seem ok to me. :-k
=D^ well played sir.

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:32 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:
canyoncat wrote:
I saw a mention of him by Colter or Kyle or ??? I can't remember what it said, but it was something about needing to get better in one area or another. I haven't heard much about Thomas, Bignell or Folsom either.
I asked colter on twitter a few times about Hughes, but I didn't get a response. I know he has mentioned Hughes more than a few times.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:34 am

When posting rumors, just follow the SMU posters example(yes 1 poster) and use "allegedly"

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:43 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
canyoncat wrote:
I asked colter on twitter a few times about Hughes, but I didn't get a response. I know he has mentioned Hughes more than a few times.
Bo Hughes is progressing nicely. Him and Iowa-bred safety Kellen Kollmorgen are taking most of the 2-3 reps, while Monte Bignell and West Wilson are taking the 3s. They have Khari Garcia rotating in with the No. 1 duo of Eryon Barnett and Rob Marshall. Hughes picked off Dakota Prukop at practice on Saturday. I'm still not sure if he'll be a big safety or a small, fast linebacker when it's all said and done. He could get to 215-220 pretty easily I think.

Cody Vitt had a good practice on Saturday as well. he had a run of almost 30 yards and two other carries that netted first downs.

Conner Thomas is looking more comfortable and will be on the two-deep this year I think. Nate Bignell had a touch sack last week and is pushing for a spot on the 2-deep as well, but WaWa Leota might throw a wrench in that.

Dallas Hayes is looking more like Kris Cooper than Zach Minter at this point in his career. We will see how he pans out.

Walk-on
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Walk-on » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:33 am

:goodpost: Way to stick with the thread topic Colter. Hopefully it gets off the crazy train.

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:45 pm

Colter tweeted that we have some defensive guys wearing red jersey, some sitting out of practice, and he mentioned that Rodderick was taking some personal days, it all makes me nervous. I don't know how some feel but man this spring has just seemed weird, and a little concerning. The defensive guys wearing red doesn't worry me because the coaches are obviously trying something, but the players missing practices does.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:50 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:Colter tweeted that we have some defensive guys wearing red jersey, some sitting out of practice, and he mentioned that Rodderick was taking some personal days, it all makes me nervous. I don't know how some feel but man this spring has just seemed weird, and a little concerning. The defensive guys wearing red doesn't worry me because the coaches are obviously trying something, but the players missing practices does.
It seems like every spring there are "weird" things going on.... I can't remember a spring that was ever normal. Seems like there are always injuries, weird weather, coaching transitions, etc....

FTG- GO CATS GO!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:04 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:Colter tweeted that we have some defensive guys wearing red jersey, some sitting out of practice, and he mentioned that Rodderick was taking some personal days, it all makes me nervous. I don't know how some feel but man this spring has just seemed weird, and a little concerning. The defensive guys wearing red doesn't worry me because the coaches are obviously trying something, but the players missing practices does.
It seems like every spring there are "weird" things going on.... I can't remember a spring that was ever normal. Seems like there are always injuries, weird weather, coaching transitions, etc....
I remember when springs were "normal."

It happened all the time when we didn't have the kind of access to what's going on during spring. Twenty years ago you didn't even know if anyone was hurt, missing practices, having grades issues, etc. until the fall practice, or the season, started and that player either wasn't practicing or wasn't at practice because he was still hurt or was no longer on the team. You also didn't know when players were transferring in or rapidly developing into studs.

When you get what has to be the best sports coverage of any team in the Big Sky Conference, you're going to hear about ALL the good, along with ALL the bad. Can't have one without the other.

MSU - 16 team National Champions (most recent 2024); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:11 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

It happened all the time when we didn't have the kind of access to what's going on during spring. Twenty years ago you didn't even know if anyone was hurt, missing practices, having grades issues, etc. until the fall practice, or the season, started and that player either wasn't practicing or wasn't at practice because he was still hurt or was no longer on the team. You also didn't know when players were transferring in or rapidly developing into studs.

When you get what has to be the best sports coverage of any team in the Big Sky Conference, you're going to hear about ALL the good, along with ALL the bad. Can't have one without the other.
:goodpost:

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:39 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

:goodpost:
Thanks. I don't include myself in that coverage, btw.

Colter sez the offense looks bad today. Soooooo....the defense must be getting really good. :lol: C'mon everyone, lets stress out!!

MSU - 16 team National Champions (most recent 2024); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:41 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

NO NO NO...I refuse to have the other, I only want the one. I post on this board, therefore I know exactly what is going on, except for when I don't. And the coverage isn't THAT great...I don't even know what the names of every players favorite food is, or how much they laugh at us all when we freak out. This "BOBCAT BEAT" guy has got A LOT of catching up to do. Maybe start with a water proof recorder...

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:56 pm

Colter Nuanez ‏@Bobcat_Beat 31s
Another blow to the Cats: Jr DE Odin Cor is having ankle surgery and is out for 10 weeks. #MSUSpring2014
Great. . .

I guess its only spring and that pretty much everyone will be back by fall camp. But come on. . . I wont panic yet, but if we hit fall camp and all these injuries are happening its going to be discouraging.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:58 pm

Colter just retweeted that Hayden Vick is calling it quits.

Is that a confirmation Colter?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:05 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:
Colter Nuanez ‏@Bobcat_Beat 31s
Another blow to the Cats: Jr DE Odin Cor is having ankle surgery and is out for 10 weeks. #MSUSpring2014
Great. . .

I guess its only spring and that pretty much everyone will be back by fall camp. But come on. . . I wont panic yet, but if we hit fall camp and all these injuries are happening its going to be discouraging.
Man, that sucks. If all these guys heal up properly, MSU will have some serious depth when fall practices start. MSU has been testing the outer limits of my ability to stay positive.

toM StUber

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:12 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:Colter just retweeted that Hayden Vick is calling it quits.

Is that a confirmation Colter?

okay is this an april fools or something- we cant lose every DE on the team in one day.....

FTG- GO CATS GO!