Triangle Classic speaker will be...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catdaddy7
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Triangle Classic speaker will be...

Post by catdaddy7 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:07 pm

allcat wrote:Please remind us how much it costs.
Banquet tables (seats 10) are $700.00. Single seats with meal,(Bar-S Prime Rib, yum yum), $85.00, Single seats no meal, $50.00. Drink tickets are $25.00 that day and $20.00 before April 1st.
There are several levels of sponsorship available, for more info call Jim at 406-799-7091 or Brett at 406-899-4882.
Party on Wayne, Party on Garth! :suds:

Thank God there's Hockey this year .........

BFcatfan

Post by BFcatfan » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:54 pm

Can we pre party at the Sip and Dip?

With success comes attention, with attention comes cockiness, with cockiness comes arrogance, with arrogance comes rudeness...and they wonder why I hate the Griz ! FTG

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:41 pm

BFcatfan wrote:Can we pre party at the Sip and Dip?
I am 100 percent down for that. I LOVE THE SIP & DIP!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:45 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Pat or the mermaids?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:24 pm

allcat wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Pat or the mermaids?
Both!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:35 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
I can SMELL the Sip N Dip all the way over here...still! :shock:

gtfcat84
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by gtfcat84 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:45 pm

If someone could get Piano Pat the sheet music for 'Stand Up and Cheer'.....that would be epic.

'You can't ride home on a bowl of goat' - Ron White

rtb

Post by rtb » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:09 pm

gtfcat84 wrote:If someone could get Piano Pat the sheet music for 'Stand Up and Cheer'.....that would be epic.
Funny story, a few years back we had a group of Cats in the Sip and Dip. I asked Pat if she knows the Montana State Fight Song, she said "Yeah, I think so, but can you sing a little bit of it to me to jog my memory?" I sang her the whole damn song and she looked and me and said "Nope, I guess I don't know it."

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:51 pm

rtb wrote:
gtfcat84 wrote:If someone could get Piano Pat the sheet music for 'Stand Up and Cheer'.....that would be epic.
Funny story, a few years back we had a group of Cats in the Sip and Dip. I asked Pat if she knows the Montana State Fight Song, she said "Yeah, I think so, but can you sing a little bit of it to me to jog my memory?" I sang her the whole damn song and she looked and me and said "Nope, I guess I don't know it."
How many beers before singing? :-k Are ou sure you sang the right song? :-k

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Bobcat Steve
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcat Steve » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:48 pm

I did not read every post, but I have not seen a flyer,press release anything with time, date, place,attire for both events and is there more?????

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:47 am

So, to end some of the debate in this thread. How was the attendance and how much money was raised ? Best guesses and/or estimates will be fine :D

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:04 pm

Some pretty funny "questions" on Mark Emmert's twitter Q&A:
http://msn.foxsports.com/college-footba ... bly-041814

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:07 pm

91catAlum wrote:Some pretty funny "questions" on Mark Emmert's twitter Q&A:

Definitely entertaining. But on the flipside. Mark Emmert is definitely a whipping boy right now, and it's easy to pile on the whipping boy du jour. I'm curious about Kyle Sample and Colter's thoughts after their interview and the reaction after the mike and mike interview.

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:09 pm

Hawks86 wrote:So, to end some of the debate in this thread. How was the attendance and how much money was raised ? Best guesses and/or estimates will be fine :D
Having never been before, I must say this was really impressive. The only people seemingly not having a good time were the people close to the organization. My eyes saw over 1000 people with some fantastic auction items and great excitement. After a few trips to the bathroom I started to realize that there were some locals bent on being very vocal about what a disaster everything was. One guys kept yelling to whoever would listen that last year had 600 more people. I find that hard to believe. The real answer is probably on the middle. Last year may have been better, true, but the whole sour grapes thing was really annoying. JMO. I had a great time and was happy to spend some $$$ to suport the Bobcat scholarship program. Part of me hopes Billings steals this thing.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:12 pm

I've been to three. This one was the least rowdy and the least attended, but not by much. There were still close to 1,000 people there and it actually seemed like people spent more money this year. It was a great event again.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:47 pm

Thanks guys. The money is the important thing.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:32 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:I've been to three. This one was the least rowdy and the least attended, but not by much. There were still close to 1,000 people there and it actually seemed like people spent more money this year. It was a great event again.
Agreed. For anyone who decided to skip it this year, simply because they didn't like MSU's choice of Emmert as the speaker...it was your loss, because once again it was a really fun evening.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:12 am

wbtfg wrote:

Definitely entertaining. But on the flipside. Mark Emmert is definitely a whipping boy right now, and it's easy to pile on the whipping boy du jour. I'm curious about Kyle Sample and Colter's thoughts after their interview and the reaction after the mike and mike interview.
Definitely. It's not like Emmert is a czar. He's the president of the NCAA, which means he answers to a board of directors. That board is made of school presidents from member schools. He has a strong voice in the process of almost everything they do, but he's far from doing whatever he wants whenever he wants. He's certainly not in a position where he can please everyone. The NCAA as a whole needs work, no one questions that.

Naturally people are going to get after him and that's their prerogative. They see the NCAA doing things that on the surface boggle the mind, but when you read into them a little deeper it becomes understandable. A lot of media types are pandering to them, which I find a little bothersome.

The NCAA, under Emmert, just revised its meal allowances and lowered the penalty on marijuana use. It's also currently working on giving the Big Five conferences more autonomy.

It would be nice to get Kyle and Colter's thoughts on Emmert. Hopefully one or both has something on that.

catdaddy7

Post by catdaddy7 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:21 am

John K wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:I've been to three. This one was the least rowdy and the least attended, but not by much. There were still close to 1,000 people there and it actually seemed like people spent more money this year. It was a great event again.
Agreed. For anyone who decided to skip it this year, simply because they didn't like MSU's choice of Emmert as the speaker...it was your loss, because once again it was a really fun evening.
Yes it was! I don't know what Bobcat fans that didn't attend did that evening but I spent it talking with some great young men, partying
with fellow fans and generally getting a huge injection of blue and gold pride. =D^ =D^ =D^

Thank God there's Hockey this year .........

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:24 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

Definitely. It's not like Emmert is a czar. He's the president of the NCAA, which means he answers to a board of directors. That board is made of school presidents from member schools. He has a strong voice in the process of almost everything they do, but he's far from doing whatever he wants whenever he wants. He's certainly not in a position where he can please everyone. The NCAA as a whole needs work, no one questions that.

Naturally people are going to get after him and that's their prerogative. They see the NCAA doing things that on the surface boggle the mind, but when you read into them a little deeper it becomes understandable. A lot of media types are pandering to them, which I find a little bothersome.

The NCAA, under Emmert, just revised its meal allowances and lowered the penalty on marijuana use. It's also currently working on giving the Big Five conferences more autonomy.

It would be nice to get Kyle and Colter's thoughts on Emmert. Hopefully one or both has something on that.
Believe it or not, I actually agree with you for once. :o These issue are a lot more complicated than most people realize, once you dig below the surface. You're also correct in pointing out that the NCAA only carries out the bidding of their member institutions, so if you don't like the way they do things, you should direct your ire towards the college AD's and presidents, rather than Mark Emmert or the NCAA.