Triangle Classic speaker will be...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catdaddy7
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Triangle Classic speaker will be...

Post by catdaddy7 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:34 am

John K wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
91catAlum wrote:Some pretty funny "questions" on Mark Emmert's twitter Q&A:
http://msn.foxsports.com/college-footba ... bly-041814

Definitely entertaining. But on the flipside. Mark Emmert is definitely a whipping boy right now, and it's easy to pile on the whipping boy du jour. I'm curious about Kyle Sample and Colter's thoughts after their interview and the reaction after the mike and mike interview.
Definitely. It's not like Emmert is a czar. He's the president of the NCAA, which means he answers to a board of directors. That board is made of school presidents from member schools. He has a strong voice in the process of almost everything they do, but he's far from doing whatever he wants whenever he wants. He's certainly not in a position where he can please everyone. The NCAA as a whole needs work, no one questions that.

Naturally people are going to get after him and that's their prerogative. They see the NCAA doing things that on the surface boggle the mind, but when you read into them a little deeper it becomes understandable. A lot of media types are pandering to them, which I find a little bothersome.

The NCAA, under Emmert, just revised its meal allowances and lowered the penalty on marijuana use. It's also currently working on giving the Big Five conferences more autonomy.

It would be nice to get Kyle and Colter's thoughts on Emmert. Hopefully one or both has something on that.
Believe it or not, I actually agree with you for once. :o These issue are a lot more complicated than most people realize, once you dig below the surface. You're also correct in pointing out that the NCAA only carries out the bidding of their member institutions, so if you don't like the way they do things, you should direct your ire towards the college AD's and presidents, rather than Mark Emmert or the NCAA.
John K and Bracket agreeing on an issue? Does this mean the zombie apocalypse is looming? :shock:

Thank God there's Hockey this year .........

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Re: Triangle Classic speaker will be...

Post by [cat_bracket] » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:57 am

Lol.
I think the reaction to Emmert is a spin off of ODD (oppositional defiant disorder).