Need help w/ GF Tribune

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catamaran
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Need help w/ GF Tribune

Post by catamaran » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:21 am

Guess the bozeman media doesn't believe in free speech..........think they might be short 15/mo immediately

if you're keeping score, France gave us Burgundy wine, cigarettes, berets, B.O., brie and the Napoleon complex-Bill Simmons

bobcatmaniac
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Need help w/ GF Tribune

Post by bobcatmaniac » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:36 am

This makes me sick.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:37 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:Well people, this place finally came back around to bite me in the butt.

Because of my comments and opinions expressed on this website, I have been terminated effective immediately.

Thanks for the ride, albeit a short one. Thanks for never holding punches, holding me accountable, ripping me when needed and making me better. This is part of my core audience here and I'm sad I won't get to share my passion with you anymore.

I'm out.
Are you frickin' kidding me!! That sucks, not only for you personally, but also for all of your loyal followers. I sincerely wish you the best of luck, in whatever the future may hold for you, and I vow that I will never spend another dime on the Chronicle ever again. As an aside, I can't say that I'm totally stunned though. I know from personal experience that companies don't have much tolerance for their employees being critical of management in any sort of public manner. I almost got fired myself about a year ago, for an e-mail that got forwarded to the wrong person's inbox, in which I was critical of our management. Again, please know how sorry we all are to hear about this, and know that Bobcat Nation will miss you greatly!!

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:39 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:Well people, this place finally came back around to bite me in the butt.

Because of my comments and opinions expressed on this website, I have been terminated effective immediately.

Thanks for the ride, albeit a short one. Thanks for never holding punches, holding me accountable, ripping me when needed and making me better. This is part of my core audience here and I'm sad I won't get to share my passion with you anymore.

I'm out.
Hope you stay in touch with this site. I suspect you saw the writing on the wall, and unfortunately, we're going to get seriously shorted on our coverage and you'll not only land on your feet, but I suspect you'll be much better off. Good luck. Larger markets deserve what you have to offer.

catdaddy7
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by catdaddy7 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:40 am

I'm out.
WTF....... REALLY?????? If those f***heads fired you they better be ready for a large sh#tstorm!!!! ](*,) ](*,) :hot: :hot:

Thank God there's Hockey this year .........

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:40 am

Colter, you are a terrific writer, you should have no trouble in getting another position. I for one have enjoyed your work. The Comical is definitley trying to live up to that reputation.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

CapitalCityCat
Member # Retired

Post by CapitalCityCat » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:41 am

Jesus H! That seriously sucks Colter. The Bozeman Daily Chronicle can kiss my a$$.

Retiring my moniker. It's time to ride off into the sunset. It's been a fun ride. Go Cats.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:42 am

the Comical has proven to me that the media is all about free speech when it suits their interest. Just don't speak ill of what they do.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:49 am

holy crap. :shock:

well...there goes our football coverage again. smart getting rid of the guy who has covered local sports about the best that i can ever remember. #-o

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:50 am

Sorry to hear Colter, but I'm sure you knew the risks when you said the things you did and felt you needed to take a stand regardless.

And to those of you claiming the Chronicle doesn't believe in free speech, please. Colter was very free to say what he did, just as the Chronicle was free to fire him over publicly making comments that exposed private company information and practices. Just because you are free to say something, does not mean you are free of the consequences that may accompany what you have to say.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:57 am

Best of luck, colter. thanks for the great coverage.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:58 am

That sucks big time but I also agree with Kmax. I would also suggest for everyone that uses social media to use it to voice their displeasure with this decision. I think I'll use up my 5 views of the chronicle with some comments.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:59 am

kmax wrote:Sorry to hear Colter, but I'm sure you knew the risks when you said the things you did and felt you needed to take a stand regardless.

And to those of you claiming the Chronicle doesn't believe in free speech, please. Colter was very free to say what he did, just as the Chronicle was free to fire him over publicly making comments that exposed private company information and practices. Just because you are free to say something, does not mean you are free of the consequences that may accompany what you have to say.

I have read his comments and don't see much about Chronicle specific information and practices, other than they have fewer staff working longer hours. I don't think that is news to anyone. I thought his comments were rather general about the industry. Seems like a poor decision by the Chronicle but then again we don't have all of the information that went into their decision. There may be other factors that we will never know about, but if it was just because of the posts on this board then it does not appear to be a wise decision.

IYAACYAS

griztasteslikechicken
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by griztasteslikechicken » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:04 am

I just emailed the Chronicle and expressed my displeasure. I recommend we ALL do....what a joke!

Cats15
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Cats15 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:11 am

griztasteslikechicken wrote:I just emailed the Chronicle and expressed my displeasure. I recommend we ALL do....what a joke!
what's the email address?

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:12 am

CPACAT wrote:
kmax wrote:Sorry to hear Colter, but I'm sure you knew the risks when you said the things you did and felt you needed to take a stand regardless.

I have read his comments and don't see much about Chronicle specific information and practices, other than they have fewer staff working longer hours. I don't think that is news to anyone. I thought his comments were rather general about the industry. Seems like a poor decision by the Chronicle but then again we don't have all of the information that went into their decision. There may be other factors that we will never know about, but if it was just because of the posts on this board then it does not appear to be a wise decision.
He has since edited the comment that I would guess got him in the most trouble. I'm not gonna point it out but if you really want you can find it. It had some choice language for the corporate heads as well as some business details that I would assume they didn't really care for getting thrown out in a public rant on a random message board. I've seen many people fired for much less in the corporate world. I was actually surprised when I read it to be honest, which is why I say that I'm fairly certain Colter knew what he wanted to accomplish and knew the risks when he did it.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:23 am

kmax wrote:
CPACAT wrote:

He has since edited the comment that I would guess got him in the most trouble. I'm not gonna point it out but if you really want you can find it. It had some choice language for the corporate heads as well as some business details that I would assume they didn't really care for getting thrown out in a public rant on a random message board. I've seen many people fired for much less in the corporate world. I was actually surprised when I read it to be honest, which is why I say that I'm fairly certain Colter knew what he wanted to accomplish and knew the risks when he did it.

I see said the blind man to his deaf dog.

IYAACYAS

KeepTheChange
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by KeepTheChange » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:28 am

thanks for providing your service to us Colter. I enjoyed your articles. good luck on your future endeavors.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:31 am

CPACAT wrote:
kmax wrote:
CPACAT wrote:

I see said the blind man to his deaf dog.
:shrug: Not sure what I said wrong there...

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:39 am

If Colter needs any positive reference letters for his future job opportunities, I'm sure he has a huge number of people here who would be willing to write them. Best of luck, Colter.