2012 Recruiting List

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

cl4101960
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: 2012 Recruiting List

Post by cl4101960 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:36 am

Here is another article on that new JC Kicker from out West. Looks pretty good and has 2 yrs JC experience already. I like that he wants to learn from out going senior Jason- may learn a bit. I think Ash has a good special teams group for this season. GO BOBCATS!!!! GO!!!!

this is article link: http://www.dailyrepublic.com/sports/col ... ana-state/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good Article.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:42 am

Is this the same article you've posted 6 other times?

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:48 am

He's just really excited about the new Bobcat. I'm more excited about the linemen, myself, but some people like kickers.

I'm not one to talk, seeing as I'm a fan of linemen.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:56 am

Yeah cl, enough with posting the same article. Of your 8 posts, 6 of them have posted a link to that same article. Hell you've now posted it 3 times in this thread alone. We get it, you are trying to pimp the kid for us but here's the thing 1. he's already on the team, you don't need to and 2. posting the same thing over and over isn't gonna help anything (especially on a fan site that holds no sway anyway). Thanks for the info on your favorite new Bobcat and welcome to BobcatNation, I hope you continue your new passion for the rest of the Bobcats just as much as for new kicker KL.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:32 pm

Okay, I finally read it. Looks very impressive 4.0 w/20.5 credits. Did you notice the size of his left calf in the picture. Looked huge.

IYAACYAS

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:00 pm

Phatcat may have been on to something when he mentinoed Eryon Barnett may be coming here. I was doing some looking around to see if I could find anything on him and on his facebook he is friends with Montana State. That doesn't mean to much, but its a start.

rtb

Post by rtb » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:36 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:Phatcat may have been on to something when he mentinoed Eryon Barnett may be coming here. I was doing some looking around to see if I could find anything on him and on his facebook he is friends with Montana State. That doesn't mean to much, but its a start.
Well this could prevent him from joining our team.

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthr ... n-Barnett-(Public-Intoxication" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:56 pm

rtb wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:Phatcat may have been on to something when he mentinoed Eryon Barnett may be coming here. I was doing some looking around to see if I could find anything on him and on his facebook he is friends with Montana State. That doesn't mean to much, but its a start.
Well this could prevent him from joining our team.

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthr ... n-Barnett-(Public-Intoxication" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
Ya that really wont help .

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:13 pm

He was just out celebrating the move to Bozeman.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:20 pm

He's also friends with Donny Tudahl and Katie Bussey, and his "interests" include Michael Balen Photography (Balen is a walk-on who's been injured).

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:42 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
He's also friends with Donny Tudahl and Katie Bussey, and his "interests" include Michael Balen Photography (Balen is a walk-on who's been injured).

He should put that he has an interest in Katie Bussey ;)

She's a cutie....just sayin.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:54 pm

and a Texas DT is transferring
http://espn.go.com/colleges/texas/story ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:58 pm

Hawks86 wrote:and a Texas DT is transferring
http://espn.go.com/colleges/texas/story ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Phatcat may be a genius... :shock:...If that is the DL that Phatcat said was coming i would be PUMPED. I watched a few Texas games this year and remember him. I would be a little surpised if he came though.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:56 am

Bozcat003 wrote:
Phatcat may be a genius... :shock:...If that is the DL that Phatcat said was coming i would be PUMPED. I watched a few Texas games this year and remember him. I would be a little surpised if he came though.
He's from San Antonio -- a long way from Euless, but you never know. Barnett, as you probably know, is from Euless. Maybe Barnett and Howell are good friends? Howell was 4-star player coming out of high school.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:11 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
He's from San Antonio -- a long way from Euless, but you never know. Barnett, as you probably know, is from Euless. Maybe Barnett and Howell are good friends? Howell was 4-star player coming out of high school.
He would be quite an addition to the team, that is for sure. I'm going to post a link I found, which indicates there might be a bit more going on.
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... nsferring/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's the link to the blotter referred to in the comments.
http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/policebl ... Jan-3-2012" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IF, and I say IF the kid has some issues, I think the Bobcat team environment is strong enough to absorb and help a player like him. Coming to MSU might be good for both Calvin and MSU.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

grizatwork
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by grizatwork » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:26 am

Rich K wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
He would be quite an addition to the team, that is for sure. I'm going to post a link I found, which indicates there might be a bit more going on.
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... nsferring/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/policebl ... Jan-3-2012" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IF, and I say IF the kid has some issues, I think the Bobcat team environment is strong enough to absorb and help a player like him. Coming to MSU might be good for both Calvin and MSU.
So if he transfers to MSU it is alright, but if he transfers to UM it is the same old griz bringing in trouble just to win? Just saying. I think the griz have done enough of that and their current situation highlights the potential problems with that. It has not been so long ago that the cats had the same problem. I think it is a slippery slope to say that the "team environment is strong enough to absord a player like him". It only takes one A-hole to ruin it.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:41 am

grizatwork wrote: So if he transfers to MSU it is alright, but if he transfers to UM it is the same old griz bringing in trouble just to win? Just saying. I think the griz have done enough of that and their current situation highlights the potential problems with that. It has not been so long ago that the cats had the same problem. I think it is a slippery slope to say that the "team environment is strong enough to absord a player like him". It only takes one A-hole to ruin it.
I wouldn't really have an issue if either of these two went to Montana. I'm all for 2nd chances (depending on how bad the 1st f#ck up was), however my thought is that if a coach brings in a guy with previous run-ins with the law (ie JD Quinn) then they are on a zero tolerance policy. If that player makes the newspaper, police blotter, flunks a class...etc. then they are gone....no questions asked. We're not waiting for the legal system, we're not listening to the "yeah, but's". The student needs to understand that ZERO tolerance means they need to be extra careful not to put themselves in a precarious position.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:41 am

grizatwork wrote:
Rich K wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:

So if he transfers to MSU it is alright, but if he transfers to UM it is the same old griz bringing in trouble just to win? Just saying. I think the griz have done enough of that and their current situation highlights the potential problems with that. It has not been so long ago that the cats had the same problem. I think it is a slippery slope to say that the "team environment is strong enough to absord a player like him". It only takes one A-hole to ruin it.
I think that kids do make mistakes. Wherever the kid goes I think that they have to be on a short leash with harsh consequences. My problem with the griz way is that 3rd offense you are still in or suspended for the first quarter. We offered the Thomas boys a second chance and they blew it. I don't think that public intoxication and small amounts of weed are horrible end your career events. Punishment yes career no. Rape and assasult are bit different.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:45 am

There are different degrees of "mistake," too. Roofying girls is really bad. Getting in fights can depend on the context. Drunk in public? Everyone's done that.

The discussion is irrelevant, though, since these guys aren't Bobcats. I'm reluctant to get my hopes up about these guys transferring to MSU. If they're transferring, why aren't they already here? Where are their scholarships gonna come from?

If they don't come here until fall, then how much time will they have to learn the playbook? Not much. So they wouldn't start. We'd hear that standard chemistry, playbook, new player crap to explain why a better athlete isn't starting. We'd be wasting basically a season of having two ridiculously talented bobcats.

I got my hopes up about these rumors once already. Fool me twice, shame on me.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

defensivearts
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by defensivearts » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:31 pm

RE ERYON BARNETT, UT DB
Public Intoxication is not not a DUI. 95% of the responders to this site could have been in just such a situation, haha. I do believe that his days of playing much are over at UT. Perhaps Ash and company could have a talk with him and he could come to MSU without a scholarship for the first semester. (Of course, He would need to initiate those conversations) From what I have heard he is not a habitual bad apple. He is one of DM's best high school friends and I believe DM would influence good behavior if he were to arrive in Bozeman. He could be very valuable to the Bobcats... But likely, this is just the same old song about the long shot prospects of a talented drop-down :-({|=