Which logo do you prefer?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Which logo would you prefer on the helmet?

M
33%
Cat head
35%
Cat script
32%

Total votes: 130

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Which logo do you prefer?

Post by longhorn_22 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:41 pm

In regards to putting it on the helmets:

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Which logo do you prefer?

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:43 pm

I voted for script but I realy like the M too. One advantage to the M IMO is that UM already uses the script logo. The M separates us.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:52 pm

LTown Cat wrote:The M separates us.
Well, it makes everyone think we are Michigan (especially when the M has yellow in it) ... at least that's been the reaction from 99% of the people who comment when I wear my gear.

I like the cat head the best, personally.

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:01 pm

I like the Cat logo but would like to see it overlay the M

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:04 pm

WeedKillinCat wrote:I like the Cat logo but would like to see it overlay the M
I like that idea ... it would remove the Michigan taint and look sharp.

goat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by goat » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:29 pm

Something like LSU has would be pretty sweet. MSU above the cat head. Not sure how to put a photo of the LSU helmet on here if someone could lend a hand.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:32 pm

goat wrote:Something like LSU has would be pretty sweet. MSU above the cat head. Not sure how to put a photo of the LSU helmet on here if someone could lend a hand.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:34 pm

longhorn_22 wrote:In regards to putting it on the helmets:

I absolutely love the M logo on the Jerseys and for most part on the helmets. I would like to see MSU go back to the Cats scripting though (even though matches the Griz). I think that would kind of pair us with the Grizzlies side by side as the 2 Montana teams (and MSU had the cursive logo first I do believe). I would love to see the helmet the way it is on my Avatar. I think that would look sweet with our current uniforms.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:41 pm

LTown Cat wrote:
goat wrote:Something like LSU has would be pretty sweet. MSU above the cat head. Not sure how to put a photo of the LSU helmet on here if someone could lend a hand.
Well--for awhile that was a picture of LSU's helmet. They must have some sort of security on their images.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:51 pm

that's what i have always wanted to see too. could someone here with some photoshop skills throw that one together?

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:15 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
that's what i have always wanted to see too. could someone here with some photoshop skills throw that one together?

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

AlphaOAlum
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by AlphaOAlum » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:31 pm

The M on the helmets was instituted in 2000. It initially was proposed to include either "state" or "Bobcats" through it, but when printing it on the helmet the whole thing looked too messy and was unreadable. I don't have a marketing degree, but I'd assume that the important thing about a logo is that it be instantly recognizable and didn't need further inspection to clarify who the logo represented.

I have a strong strong dislike for the elongated bobcat head. I recall a recruit once asking dad why the "dead rat head" was everywhere?

That said, it might surprise you that I voted for the script 'Cats. I've been looking all over town for one of the dark blue shirts with the gold script 'Cats, but all I can find is stuff with the dead rat head on it! I'd also be amenable to the old school bobcat head, which I unfortunately cannot find an image of.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:33 pm

ha. i'm an idiot. i was actually thinking that I have always wanted to see the same "M" that we have currently with a smaller "cats" in cursive going across it at an angle....

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:36 pm

AlphaOAlum wrote:The M on the helmets was instituted in 2000. It initially was proposed to include either "state" or "Bobcats" through it, but when printing it on the helmet the whole thing looked too messy and was unreadable. I don't have a marketing degree, but I'd assume that the important thing about a logo is that it be instantly recognizable and didn't need further inspection to clarify who the logo represented.

I have a strong strong dislike for the elongated bobcat head. I recall a recruit once asking dad why the "dead rat head" was everywhere?

That said, it might surprise you that I voted for the script 'Cats. I've been looking all over town for one of the dark blue shirts with the gold script 'Cats, but all I can find is stuff with the dead rat head on it! I'd also be amenable to the old school bobcat head, which I unfortunately cannot find an image of.
That dead rat reference was directed at the previous Cat head logo. Not the current one. And I believe Kramer coined that.

AlphaOAlum

Post by AlphaOAlum » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:46 pm

longhorn_22 wrote:That dead rat reference was directed at the previous Cat head logo. Not the current one.
Dang, I wish I could find the rounded one! You know what I'm talking about though, right? Usually a yellow face on a blue background? I kind of like the old school-ness of it.

The dead rat head was definitely at the elongated bobcat head on so much gear right now. It was during a basketball game and that logo was on center court.

* Edited to fix italics, and say: I'm probably not a very fair opinion on the "dead rat head thing". I'm obviously pretty biased against it (for reasons I really can't discern!). I prefer the M or the script 'Cats. 1984 throwbacks man!

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:50 pm

AlphaOAlum wrote:
longhorn_22 wrote:That dead rat reference was directed at the previous Cat head logo. Not the current one.
Dang, I wish I could find the rounded one! You know what I'm talking about though, right? Usually a yellow face on a blue background? I kind of like the old school-ness of it.

The dead rat head was definitely at the elongated bobcat head on so much gear right now. It was during a basketball game and that logo was on center court.

* Edited to fix italics, and say: I'm probably not a very fair opinion on the "dead rat head thing". I'm obviously pretty biased against it (for reasons I really can't discern!). I prefer the M or the script 'Cats. 1984 throwbacks man!

Like this one?

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

TIrwin24
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by TIrwin24 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:53 pm

nevadacat wrote: Image
NO! That is hideous :sick:

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:53 pm

AlphaOAlum wrote: Dang, I wish I could find the rounded one! You know what I'm talking about though, right? Usually a yellow face on a blue background? I kind of like the old school-ness of it.
Like GOKATS' user image?

AlphaOAlum

Post by AlphaOAlum » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:02 pm

longhorn_22 wrote:
AlphaOAlum wrote: Dang, I wish I could find the rounded one! You know what I'm talking about though, right? Usually a yellow face on a blue background? I kind of like the old school-ness of it.
Like GOKATS' user image?

LOL, YES, that is EXACTLY what I've been googling for. That image. Yeesh. I knew I'd seen it somewhere recently!

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:09 pm

AlphaOAlum wrote:I have a strong strong dislike for the elongated bobcat head. I recall a recruit once asking dad why the "dead rat head" was everywhere?
A friend of mine referred to it as the "puking panther." I didn't like it at first, either, but it's grown on me. I have it as the wallpaper of my laptop computer. It's amazing how many times people at presentations ask, "Did you go to Montana State?" I don't think I'd get that with the "M" or the script "Cats". I have a soft spot for the old bobcat--GOKATS user image--but it's not very intimidating.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!