Possible Signing of a JC 2nd team all american

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Possible Signing of a JC 2nd team all american

Post by mslacat » Thu May 06, 2004 9:44 am

I am hearing that Durham could be anouncing the signing of a 6-1 Junior college transfer in the next couple of days. His name is JaRon Jefferson from Rose State College, JC in Okla. He was named 2nd team all american this year. More later

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Thu May 06, 2004 1:28 pm

A little follow up LaRon is being looked at to compete with Brandon Miller as Browns running mate. Laron like miller is Fast on Fast. He is actually second team d2 juco all american, a very good 3pt shooter rebounder (from the gaurd spot), and steals maker. He is not a true point but can play the point. I have not got his scoring stats but I hear he scored in the high to mid teens per game.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue May 11, 2004 2:40 pm

It is official
The Bobcat basketball program became more versatile on Monday, adding combo guard Ja'Ron Jefferson from the Oklahoma junior college ranks.

Jefferson, a 6-1, 180-lb guard from Rose State College in Oklahoma, has signed a National Letter-of-Intent to join the Montana State basketball program next fall. Jefferson, who can play the point or shooting guard positions, averaged 15 points, seven rebounds, four assists, and two steals a game at Rose.

"Ja'Ron played both the point and two guard positions for us, so he's considered a combo guard," said Rose head coach Calvin Pierce. "He has a great work ethic. I've been coaching for 18 years, and Ja'Ron would win the award as the hardest working student-athlete I've ever had. He loves being in the gym, and he does a great job in the classroom. He's a very intelligent kid with great character."

Pierce lauded Jefferson's offensive versatility. "He can hit the three, but he's so strong that when he goes to the hole the only way to stop him is to foul him. He can score outside, and also take it to the basket."

"Ja'Ron can do a lot of things, and I think his stats prove that out," Durham said. "He can score and rebound, he's a very good defensive player because he's so strong. He will give us a lot of versatility, and he makes our backcourt very athletic and pretty deep. He's kind of an in-between guard, strong enough to post up and he can knock down a three-pointer. He's a player that can do what the team needs him to do. He's a great person off the court, and we think Ja'Ron is going to fit in very well."

Jefferson is the third player the Bobcats have signed for the 2004-05 season, joining guard Branden Miller and forward Marvin Moss.