Durham Loses one to PSU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Durham Loses one to PSU

Post by mslacat » Wed May 05, 2004 11:34 am

6'-7" Tyler Hollist chooses Portland State over Montana State.
Portland State head coach Heath Schroyer and his staff continue to farm the Scenic West Athletic Conference to fill out their scholarship quota. With their second signing in two days since 5/8 was lifted, the Vikings landed Tyler Hollist, a versatile 6-foot-7 forward from Snow (UT) College. "With all the options that I was given, the opportunity to play, and with the circumstances that my wife and I wanted to move to a bigger city, the right fit was at Portland State," said Hollist. "Coach Schroyer seems like the match for me."

A native of Aurora, IL, Hollist did a two-year mission after high school and spent his freshman year at Utah Valley State before transferring to Snow, where he earned second team all-region honors and ranked as the team's second-leading scorer at 13.5 ppg (behind fellow PSU signee Jake Schroeder) and the leading rebounder at 6.2 rpg. An athletic forward who can do damage both inside and out, the plans are to use Hollist on the other side of current Vikings forward Seamus Boxley. "I feel that I will fit in quite well," said Hollist. "All the guys are incredible athletes and I think we will compete very well in the Big Sky. I think we will have a very good chance at making the (NCAA) tournament in the next two years."

Hollist chose Portland State over an offer from Montana State. Portland State still has two scholarships to give in this year's recruiting class and hopes to use them both.
Last edited by mslacat on Wed May 05, 2004 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.