BOBCATS WIN BIG SKY

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Re: BOBCATS WIN BIG SKY

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:22 pm

Hey Wally! It's an ancient thread. ;)

BWahlberg
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BWahlberg » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:28 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:Hey Wally! It's an ancient thread. ;)

Aw damnit #-o

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:31 pm

BWahlberg wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:Hey Wally! It's an ancient thread. ;)

Aw damnit #-o
I just had one of those.

This is the thread that PaytonLives, I mean GoScatsGo, or whoever that guy is that lives in his mom's basement made a bet and continues to Welch on said bet.

But it's ok, we don't expect integrity out of him. He's a Griz fan after all. Oh wait, you're a Griz fan.... :shrug: I guess a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile ;)

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:43 pm

Ya. But pretty good assessment. I'm thinken pretty accurate at this point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prodigal Cat

Post by Prodigal Cat » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:02 pm

I recognize that this isn't the original thread topic but I don't think your far off Wahlberg except 1. I think UND is a dark horse to win the BSC. It wasn't just the RB or QB but I seem to remember when they played the Cats that this team had a lot of underclass men making plays. I could be dead wrong but I was thinking this team will be very good in a year or 2.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

Marana CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Marana CAT » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:19 pm

BWahlberg wrote:
CPACAT wrote:I just wanted to be first with my prediction this year. I am now on record as predicting that the Cats will be Big Sky Conference Champs this year. :D
pages of smack aside... I don't see it, honestly I don't see either team from Montana being a front-runner.

The bobcats defense has been pretty terrible the last two years and while Gregorak will help it, he's no miracle worker. And now you've lost Prukop. So you'll have a good O-line and a great rushing attack, but can a grind it out type of team keep up with the higher powered offenses in the Big Sky?

The Griz have zero experience at WR, a returning O-line that was suspect, and are replacing 8 guys on defense. Their defense helped them win games last year and now a crap-ton of that skill is gone, they might re-load, but that's tough to predict, and with a new DC. It's a pass-heavy offense and we've got just 1 WR with good experience, in a system that likes to lean on 6 to 7 WRs - how will that work out?

Honestly I'd be looking at EWU, NAU, and PSU in the pre-season to get the attention. Each three have their question marks as well but NAU's combo of Butler at WR and Cookus at QB will make them a very dangerous team. PSU lost a lot to graduation but seems to be on a good path. EWU's probably going to lock it in with their mobile QB and they've got all those WRs back - they could look again like the teams they had when Adams was the QB.

Just a random-ass guess here but I'd throw out a general projection something like:

1. EWU
2. NAU
3. UM
4. PSU
5. MSU
6. CPSLO
7. UND
8. Weber

beyond that... meh
Thugville returns to PSU, EWU can't field a defense. UND just might grab a share of the BSC. I think the league is to competitive in the top 5 for a team to win it outright.. I don't think the BSC has a monster team that can go 8-0 next year in conference play.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I will kick you repeatedly in the balls, Gardocki!"

Marana CAT

Post by Marana CAT » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:21 pm

Prodigal Cat wrote:I recognize that this isn't the original thread topic but I don't think your far off Wahlberg except 1. I think UND is a dark horse to win the BSC. It wasn't just the RB or QB but I seem to remember when they played the Cats that this team had a lot of underclass men making plays. I could be dead wrong but I was thinking this team will be very good in a year or 2.
I agree...

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I will kick you repeatedly in the balls, Gardocki!"

LIBBYCAT

Post by LIBBYCAT » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:27 pm

I won't predict a conference championship for the Cats but I will say I look forward to seeing the changes this group of coaches
Looks to bring.

I believe the qb position isn't as big of an issue as it could be. Quality transfer and a quality RS freshman should prove to be interesting battle through spring ball.
Recievers are a developing group with some experience.
Running back is a proven group and should actually benefit from a scheme transition.

O line, probably my biggest question mark. Flynns recovery, a couple of guys who spent time on the field due to injury last year. Add in another quality transfer in Neale and the picture isn't bleak but certainly will take time to gel.

Defense, the group will naturally improve as the were very young last year but there are some significant issues to address. I believe corners will now be a strength if Hale can adjust and help bring Strong up to speed.
Safeties, McCabe was hampered by injury but showed growth and competence, King needs help and time, Garcia is a player but not sure of ...... I just am not sure there.
I don't question the desire, athleticism or ability of the linebacker group but without knowing the direction of the defensive scheme it's hard to guess what will happen there. Most of this group will be working on a third attempt at a new philosophy.
I believe that we have a great recruiting class on the d line but it's going to take some time to develop.
All that being said, I like this group to have a better year than last year!

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:33 am

Go Scats Go wrote:
Rich K wrote:Scats,

Why would you need the Mods to ban you forever if you lose the bet?

Is your word not worth anything?
My word is as good as gold... Im just making sure you slappys dont bitch about anything
Can anyone believe this puke is a mod over on egriz?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

grizgirl

Post by grizgirl » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:27 pm

seataccat wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
Rich K wrote:Scats,

Why would you need the Mods to ban you forever if you lose the bet?

Is your word not worth anything?
My word is as good as gold... Im just making sure you slappys dont bitch about anything
Can anyone believe this puke is a mod over on egriz?
Yes, I can. And he's part of the reason I, and probably a lot of other Griz fans, don't post over there.

Go Dark Brandon!!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:28 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:01 am
Go Scats Go wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
LTown Cat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:Good one GSG. :lol: I was expecting something like that because I knew you wouldn't really DO anything ballsy. :wink: But lets review what's happened on this thread that brought on your bet.
1) a poster predicted (with smiley face) that MSU would win the conference championship (didn't say outright).
2) another poster liked the idea, but said UM would be improved, too.
3) a little back and forth about what improved is and what UM might look like with a new coach (this got you into the discussion, so you make your first post).
4) You predict MSU will go 6-5 or 5-6 for the fourth year in a row.
5) You get corrected. You decide to put your foot down and...
6) You concoct a bet (questioning anyone's balls) against MSU winning the league outright, which no one made a statement of MSU doing. This is you taking the field of eight BSC teams, which basically means you can't live up to the having balls standard you set for everyone else.

You didn't make a bet on what you think will happen (6-5 or 5-6), which would've taken a pair. But that's OK, because by posing this bet as you have you've left the door open for how we can interpret the terms of the bet. 8)
Note to self: Never argue with TomCat! :D
UH the title of this thead is "Bobcats win Big Sky"

But since you read slow I will type slow.

THE BET WAS!!!
If the cats win outright I go away forever.
If the Cats do not win outright then the Kitties lose the bet
If there is a tie then the bet is a draw... did I tpye slow enough?

But I will even take it further... I will make it even easier for you... If the Montana State bobcats are any part of the BSC champs in Football for the 2010 season. IE Outright or Tie for it I will go away forever... Lick my balls... Now step up!
I'll be the first to call your bluff! There is no way you wouldn't step a foot back here. You love it too much. Second- taking this bet with you is pulling anybody down to your level. It's like arguing with a fifthgrader when you're the teacher. Eiether way if I doubt you will stay away and this is a lame attempt to save face because Tomcatt detailed the downfall of your posts. Its time to step out of the hole scatts before it gets deeper. Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber you totally didn't redeem yourself.
I wont post again and I wont use another name... ANd I give the moderators the right to block me forever if I lose..
Bump
Bump...just a reminder who welched on his bet.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:25 pm

Holy Schitttt... 12 year thread bump, impressive. And yes, he's a total douche.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:01 am

Go Scats Go wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:16 pm
So there it is...

Thundercat
Catatonic1
Hawks86
CPACAT
TomCat88

If the cats dont share or win the BSC football outright in the 2010 season I get your sig line for a year (12 months), And if the cats share or win the BSC football outright in the 2010 season I leave forever... never to post again, and I give the Mods the the OK to ban me forever.

Good luck kitties... BTW You can still lick my balls!!! #-o
Bump record for shortest bump in this thread.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:09 pm

This is always a good bump. Bump

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act