BOBCATS WIN BIG SKY

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Re: BOBCATS WIN BIG SKY

Post by LTown Cat » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:05 am

TomCat88 wrote:Good one GSG. :lol: I was expecting something like that because I knew you wouldn't really DO anything ballsy. :wink: But lets review what's happened on this thread that brought on your bet.
1) a poster predicted (with smiley face) that MSU would win the conference championship (didn't say outright).
2) another poster liked the idea, but said UM would be improved, too.
3) a little back and forth about what improved is and what UM might look like with a new coach (this got you into the discussion, so you make your first post).
4) You predict MSU will go 6-5 or 5-6 for the fourth year in a row.
5) You get corrected. You decide to put your foot down and...
6) You concoct a bet (questioning anyone's balls) against MSU winning the league outright, which no one made a statement of MSU doing. This is you taking the field of eight BSC teams, which basically means you can't live up to the having balls standard you set for everyone else.

You didn't make a bet on what you think will happen (6-5 or 5-6), which would've taken a pair. But that's OK, because by posing this bet as you have you've left the door open for how we can interpret the terms of the bet. 8)
Note to self: Never argue with TomCat! :D

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:15 pm

LTown Cat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:Good one GSG. :lol: I was expecting something like that because I knew you wouldn't really DO anything ballsy. :wink: But lets review what's happened on this thread that brought on your bet.
1) a poster predicted (with smiley face) that MSU would win the conference championship (didn't say outright).
3) a little back and forth about what improved is and what UM might look like with a new coach (this got you into the discussion, so you make your first post).
6) You concoct a bet (questioning anyone's balls) against MSU winning the league outright, which no one made a statement of MSU doing. This is you taking the field of eight BSC teams, which basically means you can't live up to the having balls standard you set for everyone else.

You didn't make a bet on what you think will happen (6-5 or 5-6), which would've taken a pair. But that's OK, because by posing this bet as you have you've left the door open for how we can interpret the terms of the bet. 8)
UH the title of this thead is "Bobcats win Big Sky"

But since you read slow I will type slow.

THE BET WAS!!!
If the cats win outright I go away forever.
If the Cats do not win outright then the Kitties lose the bet
If there is a tie then the bet is a draw... did I tpye slow enough?

But I will even take it further... I will make it even easier for you... If the Montana State bobcats are any part of the BSC champs in Football for the 2010 season. IE Outright or Tie for it I will go away forever... Lick my balls... Now step up!

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:22 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:
LTown Cat wrote:

THE BET WAS!!!

But I will even take it further... I will make it even easier for you... If the Montana State bobcats are any part of the BSC champs in Football for the 2010 season. IE Outright or Tie for it I will go away forever... Lick my balls... Now step up!
I'll be the first to call your bluff! There is no way you wouldn't step a foot back here. You love it too much. Second- taking this bet with you is pulling anybody down to your level. It's like arguing with a fifthgrader when you're the teacher. Eiether way if I doubt you will stay away and this is a lame attempt to save face because Tomcatt detailed the downfall of your posts. Its time to step out of the hole scatts before it gets deeper. Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber you totally didn't redeem yourself.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

catatonic1
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by catatonic1 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:43 pm

I'll take the bet just to get it closer to the table

+4

catamaran

Post by catamaran » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:49 pm

the bet was for cat fans, unless you want to leave with scats

if you're keeping score, France gave us Burgundy wine, cigarettes, berets, B.O., brie and the Napoleon complex-Bill Simmons

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:41 pm

catamaran wrote:the bet was for cat fans, unless you want to leave with scats
=D^ my first thought exactly

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:29 am

Common Cat wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:
LTown Cat wrote:

THE BET WAS!!!

I'll be the first to call your bluff! There is no way you wouldn't step a foot back here. You love it too much. Second- taking this bet with you is pulling anybody down to your level. It's like arguing with a fifthgrader when you're the teacher. Eiether way if I doubt you will stay away and this is a lame attempt to save face because Tomcatt detailed the downfall of your posts. Its time to step out of the hole scatts before it gets deeper. Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber you totally didn't redeem yourself.
I wont post again and I wont use another name... ANd I give the moderators the right to block me forever if I lose..

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:31 am

catatonic1 wrote:I'll take the bet just to get it closer to the table

+4
cool 4

CapitalCityCat
Member # Retired

Post by CapitalCityCat » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:51 am

Go Scats Go wrote: Lick my balls... Now step up!
:shock: Wow, it didn't even take 2 hours for you to take him up on that bet.

Retiring my moniker. It's time to ride off into the sunset. It's been a fun ride. Go Cats.

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:44 am

CapitalCityCat wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote: Lick my balls... Now step up!
:shock: Wow, it didn't even take 2 hours for you to take him up on that bet.

Now thats funny!

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:23 pm

Ive got four takers, just need one more... I would think half the board would want to see me leave forever.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:51 pm

more like 99.9%

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:01 pm

it's a lame bet. although it's better now after it was changed. still lame. and what kind of bet needs 5 people to accept before it's a go? :?

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:46 am

whitetrashgriz wrote: what kind of bet needs 5 people to accept before it's a go? :?
It's just another factor of balllessness. He wagers just one item - his screen name - but gains five items. His screen name has no value to him since it isn't his(?) real name and no one knows who he is.

The one I like is how he baits others into betting him by questioning their manhood. Then he sets up a bet that allows him to take eight Big Sky teams against just one. So he has eight chances to win the bet, while any takers have just one. So you have to be man enough to take the bet, but he doesn't have to prove his manhood in any way.

Another is that no one has seriously stated that MSU is going to win the Big Sky. The only two that did expressed it in a way that seems as much tongue-in-cheek as it is fist-pounding. So the basis of his bet, MSU fans popping off, is off-base.

I can see taking exception to anyone who states that MSU is going to win the Big Sky and then saying to THAT person, 'ya wanna bet?'

But that's OK, because I didn't accept his altered bet, I accepted the original bet, which is filled with loopholes. :lol:

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:31 am

TomCat88 wrote:
whitetrashgriz wrote: what kind of bet needs 5 people to accept before it's a go? :?
It's just another factor of balllessness. He wagers just one item - his screen name - but gains five items. His screen name has no value to him since it isn't his(?) real name and no one knows who he is.

The one I like is how he baits others into betting him by questioning their manhood. Then he sets up a bet that allows him to take eight Big Sky teams against just one. So he has eight chances to win the bet, while any takers have just one. So you have to be man enough to take the bet, but he doesn't have to prove his manhood in any way.

Another is that no one has seriously stated that MSU is going to win the Big Sky. The only two that did expressed it in a way that seems as much tongue-in-cheek as it is fist-pounding. So the basis of his bet, MSU fans popping off, is off-base.

I can see taking exception to anyone who states that MSU is going to win the Big Sky and then saying to THAT person, 'ya wanna bet?'

But that's OK, because I didn't accept his altered bet, I accepted the original bet, which is filled with loopholes. :lol:

I wish I lived in your world....

catatonic1
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by catatonic1 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:55 am

TomCat88 wrote:

How right you are.
We really aught to petiton the accountant to get the title of this misleading thread changed? :wink:

ThunderCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by ThunderCat » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:45 pm

I will take him up on whichever bet is still standing (per Tom) just so I don't have to look at that creepy smiling cat!

I know my post total is low but I value Bobcat Nation and spend a lot of time reading here. I just don't post that much since I am not "in the know" like some of you are. I am grateful to the posters that provide real info for those of us who aren't in the area anymore and I would like to see fewer trolls like Scat dropping their grafitti everywhere.

**edit**

Go Cats :D =D^

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:08 pm

ThunderCat wrote:I will take him up on whichever bet is still standing (per Tom) just so I don't have to look at that creepy smiling cat!

I know my post total is low but I value Bobcat Nation and spend a lot of time reading here. I just don't post that much since I am not "in the know" like some of you are. I am grateful to the posters that provide real info for those of us who aren't in the area anymore and I would like to see fewer trolls like Scat dropping their grafitti everywhere.

**edit**

Go Cats :D =D^

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:16 pm

So there it is...

Thundercat
Catatonic1
Hawks86
CPACAT
TomCat88

If the cats dont share or win the BSC football outright in the 2010 season I get your sig line for a year (12 months), And if the cats share or win the BSC football outright in the 2010 season I leave forever... never to post again, and I give the Mods the the OK to ban me forever.

Good luck kitties... BTW You can still lick my balls!!! #-o

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:13 am

Scats,

Why would you need the Mods to ban you forever if you lose the bet?

Is your word not worth anything?

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act