BOBCATS WIN BIG SKY

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CPACAT
Member # Retired

BOBCATS WIN BIG SKY

Post by CPACAT » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:14 am

I just wanted to be first with my prediction this year. I am now on record as predicting that the Cats will be Big Sky Conference Champs this year. :D

IYAACYAS

coppercat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: BOBCATS WIN BIG SKY

Post by coppercat » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:37 am

I think we're all on board hoping for that. There are a couple of other teams in the conference that should be improved this year. Unfortunately one of them is 200 miles west of Bozeman. So we'll need to take it up a couple of notches in nearly every department.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:10 pm

coppercat wrote:I think we're all on board hoping for that. There are a couple of other teams in the conference that should be improved this year. Unfortunately one of them is 200 miles west of Bozeman. So we'll need to take it up a couple of notches in nearly every department.
I don't think the griz will be improved in 2010 purely due to the coaching change. They lost some awfully talented players, with the most significant losses coming at O line and of course the game-changer Mariani. However, they will once again reload and be very talented and deep at most positions. I jsut think it will take some time for them to adjust to the new coaching staff and philosophy. I already have a bet with Alpha on Phlu winning a NC, I'll also bet anyone that the griz record in 2010 will not be as good as it was in 2009. :D

Oh, and I agree with CPA... we will win the Big Sky. We might have to settle for a tie but I have a feeling we'll be right there.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

GRZSLAYER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by GRZSLAYER » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:28 pm

Does that mean 7 & 4 wins the Big Sky this year? Sorry, I am optimistically hopefully as well. It will be a great day when we do!!

Dakota Prukop -MSU Quarterback
Dude on my plane is wearin a Montana Grizzlie shirt. I'm pretty sure he's the reason our whole plane smells like B.O.

Kurt Davis-MSU Receiver
I needed a change for one, but for two, I HAD to go to Coach Haucks rival school.

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:12 pm

coppercat wrote:I think we're all on board hoping for that. There are a couple of other teams in the conference that should be improved this year. Unfortunately one of them is 200 miles west of Bozeman. So we'll need to take it up a couple of notches in nearly every department.
The griz could only be improved by going undefeated and winning the national championship. I don't see that happening. New coach and they lost too many starters several of which were impact players. They will still be very good but I don't see them beign better than last year.

I told anyone who would listen last year after we lost to the griz that I thought we were well positioned for this year. We have a lot of depth and talent returning. We lost some good players but have very capable replacements and if we can stay healthy I think we win the Big Sky outright. No tie.

IYAACYAS

coppercat

Post by coppercat » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:42 pm

Actually the griz could be improved and not win the BSC championship. W-L is subject to the talent and preparation of the opposition week-by-week. Just saying....

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:33 pm

Historical precedent: 2003, last UM coaching change
Big Sky Champions: MSU, UM, NAU all 5-2 in the Big Sky
Playoff autobid: MSU, head-to-head wins over both UM and NAU
Playoff at-large: UM

Montana State 27 Montana 20

wouldn't surprise me at all to see history repeat itself (maybe not NAU necessarily, but take your pick -- EWU, Weber, hell even Sac State)

and with 24 teams in the playoffs, I'm seeing the top 3 Big Sky teams getting in -- if we're not one of those 3 I'd be surprised. And I remember well what happened last time we received a bye in the first round.

We're gonna see some playmakers emerge in 2010 for the Bobcats -- better skill players all the way around, better offence, always tough D.

Why am I so optimistic? - 3 years of steady improvement in terms of quality of play on the field, PT for underclassmen will start to show now that many of our players are hitting that 1-3 years experience mark, and looking at our losses last year -- 'specially EWU, easily reversed this year. And after watching several UM games, I'm convinced their two best games last year were against MSU and App State. SDSU was an uncredible comeback, but no way would the grizz dug themselves out of that hole against us or App State. I'm with the anagram guy.

coppercat

Post by coppercat » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:26 pm

I'm with you JDoub, especially regarding the growth of underclassmen. I did a double take when I read your "Why am I optimistic? paragraph. I thought I had written it. We have for the first time in years depth and experience in the offensive line. We're now going two and maybe three deep with guys recruited as freshmen which is rewarding on several levels. And for the umteenth time (from me), football teams ride to glory on the offensive line.

catatonic1

Post by catatonic1 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:33 pm

Deja vue?

I think I read this same thread last year................and the year before? :roll:

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:43 pm

catatonic1 wrote:Deja vue?

I think I read this same thread last year................and the year before? :roll:
I think you're still an invalid...and it shows in this post...and the post before...and the one before. :roll:

CapitalCityCat
Member # Retired

Post by CapitalCityCat » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:53 pm

you can read?

Retiring my moniker. It's time to ride off into the sunset. It's been a fun ride. Go Cats.

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:10 pm

read what, that the Montana Grizzlies lose the championship game?

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:34 pm

About this time EVERY YEAR some Bobcat fan pops off with this Thread... Ill say it again

For the fourth year in a row
Cats 6-5 or 5-6

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:38 pm

JDoub wrote:

read what, that the Montana Grizzlies lose the championship game?
Most cat fans would give their left nut to have that printed in ANY paper...

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:51 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:About this time EVERY YEAR some Bobcat fan pops off with this Thread... Ill say it again

Cats 6-5 or 5-6
Well you've been wrong for a while now.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:22 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:About this time EVERY YEAR some Bobcat fan pops off with this Thread... Ill say it again

Cats 6-5 or 5-6
Well you've been wrong for a while now.
:shock:

I'm sorry... 7-4 seasons are something to be excited about....

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:29 pm

I will make a bet with any Bobcat fan that has any balls...

If the Bobcats win the BSC outright this year I will never post here again.

But if the Bobcats do not win outright... I get to sign you signature for a year.

If its a tie No harm... No foul

Any takers... Thought so!

BTW It will take 5 of you kittie fans to make this happen...

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:59 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:I will make a bet with any Bobcat fan that has any balls...

But if the Bobcats do not win outright... I get to sign you signature for a year.

sign me up, forget the sig. part, I won't post for one year.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:06 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:I will make a bet with any Bobcat fan that has any balls...

sign me up, forget the sig. part, I won't post for one year.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:14 pm

Don't you have to have balls, too?

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber