How much hate for the Grizzlies Exists

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Re: How much hate for the Grizzlies Exists

Post by coachouert » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:31 pm

Did you guys know my dad could beat up your dad?

Also my cats breath smells like cat food.

Figured I'd add something that's equally pointless to this disaster of a thread. As you were.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:08 pm

grizatwork wrote:
bobcatmaniac wrote:
grizatwork wrote:
bobcatfan15 wrote:I Think if this were posted in the 70s and early 80s the Fan ratio would be a different story.

Now lets talk about actual griz and Bobcats. . . I actually attended and earned my degree from MSU. I am a Bobcat. Not many griz "fans" can say that.

Bobcat fans are there through the ups and downs, can't say that about griz "fans". They are first to abandon ship when their team isn't doing so hot.

I would love for the griz to move up a to the FBS, their total athletic department would suffer. They would no longer be able to recruit but the few instate kids that are good enough to play in that division. AND their fan base would dwindle because of their lack of ability to compete in the FBS.

Go Bobcats
And good luck Villanova!
I am calling BS on a lot of what you posted. I grew up in central Montana in a farm and ranch community. Most if not all the town was bobcat fans because of that. Very few of them went to school there or even set foot in Bozeman. I think you are using a rather broad brush.
So are you saying you earned a degree from um or are you just another "fan" ??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes I do have my degree in Physical Therapy. If it werent for my choice of degree, I probably would have ended up in Bozeman like everyone else in my family did. 4 kids. Three with degrees from Bozeman, one from Missoula. I guess my parents loved me more than they loved them. :)

Your parents had to love you more. Given your special condition and all.

IYAACYAS

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:11 pm

wbtfg wrote:
technoCat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
technoCat wrote:I hate the Griz when it comes to the Rivalry but as far as them being from Montana and part of the BSC I have to root for them to do well. I really have no problems with the program, players or MOST of the fans. Its those few really arrogant ones that I just can't stand.
I'm kind of the same way. I like most of the fans and wish the best for all of the Griz players. However, the people that REALLY get under my skin are those who talk trash even though their only connection to UM is that they like griz football. Whenever someone decides to talk trash, my first response is always, "what year did you graduate from UM".

If the person is an alum or have kids who attend(ed) UM, I'll have a good natured conversation, shake their hand and wish them the best of luck. If their only connection to the school is the football team I just roll my eyes, make a bandwagon comment and walk away.
Gotcha...I'm actually the exact opposite then. If I see someone wearing a UM hat, I assume they are an alum and supporting their institution of higher learning, and then perhaps a football fan. Additionally I actually enjoy talking to people who may or may not know the names of the players, but can tell you the strong academic programs, the best professors...etc. The people who annoy me are those who know everything about griz football, but couldn't tell you a thing about anything else on campus.

These are the folks know everything about every single player and have every single piece of griz clothing ever produced, car decals, and a griz tattoo on their neck. They love to gloat about how dominant their beloved football team is, and love to put down everything about MSU and the city of Bozeman in general. Then later your find out that they live in Helena, grew up in Scobey, and attend college at Northern in Havre. Dude, you’re not a griz, you’re a Northern Light.
Psst. Northern's an MSU campus. I couldn't tell whether you were actually trying to make that connection also in your post. If you were, maybe, "attended college in Dillon. Dude, you're a UM-Western-er :lol:

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Griznationalist
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Griznationalist » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:13 pm

I appreciate how some Cat fans root for the Griz when the Griz get into the post-season, but I doubt there are any Cat fans who hope for the Griz to get into the post-season.

I am always hoping for Cat appearances in the post-season because it makes Montana look great to have a pair of teams in the playoffs.

I actually thought, before this year's Griz-Cat game, "Hmmm ... it actually wouldn't be THAT bad for the Griz to lose so we could have two Montana teams advancing to the national stage."

That's the difference between Cat hate for Griz, and Griz hate for Cats.

Cat fans seem to have an us-vs.-them mentality toward the rivalry.

Griz fans like to win on the final Saturday of the regular season, but, other than that, we like to see the Cats do well.

Joe Glenn was right when he said "the streak" should have never happened in the first place. It was very damaging to have such lopsided dominance for so long.

Savage
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Savage » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:16 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Savage wrote:
dcbeck wrote:
Savage wrote:
GOKATS wrote:I hate the griz, but I LOVE this t-shirt!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

The only question is how much did Bobcat fans pay that poor girl to wear that shirt. She about 200 pounds lighter than the normal female bobcat fan and has more teeth.
Right, did you watch the game on Sat. on tv. There was more white trash hillbillies there than what you see at the GFalls Walmart at midnight on the first of the month.
LOL.......man I know your responding to my tease about your Bobcat Queens but that crack about the Great Falls Wal-Mart is spot on. I'm from Great Falls but have lived in Missoula for 18 years. I think the GF's Wal-Mart is one of the trashiest I have ever seen. As a matter of fact that town is way more trashy than I remember growing up. Chicks with big hair and mullets for the men everywhere not to mention the shocking amount of METH smiles.
I live in Great Falls, and you are exagerating your point. Yours is the stereotypical response from an out-of-towner.
Stereotypical response? I think I'm qualified to give that response considering that I was born and raised in GF. My folks still live there which means I go there and see the truth with my own eyes. Yes there are not turds on every corner in GF but rather every other corner.

catamaran

Post by catamaran » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:50 pm

coachouert wrote:Did you guys know my dad could beat up your dad?

Also my cats breath smells like cat food.

Figured I'd add something that's equally pointless to this disaster of a thread. As you were.
BOOM

if you're keeping score, France gave us Burgundy wine, cigarettes, berets, B.O., brie and the Napoleon complex-Bill Simmons

grizatwork
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by grizatwork » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:26 pm

CPACAT wrote:
grizatwork wrote:
bobcatmaniac wrote:
grizatwork wrote:
bobcatfan15 wrote:I Think if this were posted in the 70s and early 80s the Fan ratio would be a different story.

Now lets talk about actual griz and Bobcats. . . I actually attended and earned my degree from MSU. I am a Bobcat. Not many griz "fans" can say that.

Bobcat fans are there through the ups and downs, can't say that about griz "fans". They are first to abandon ship when their team isn't doing so hot.

I would love for the griz to move up a to the FBS, their total athletic department would suffer. They would no longer be able to recruit but the few instate kids that are good enough to play in that division. AND their fan base would dwindle because of their lack of ability to compete in the FBS.

Go Bobcats
And good luck Villanova!
I am calling BS on a lot of what you posted. I grew up in central Montana in a farm and ranch community. Most if not all the town was bobcat fans because of that. Very few of them went to school there or even set foot in Bozeman. I think you are using a rather broad brush.
So are you saying you earned a degree from um or are you just another "fan" ??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes I do have my degree in Physical Therapy. If it werent for my choice of degree, I probably would have ended up in Bozeman like everyone else in my family did. 4 kids. Three with degrees from Bozeman, one from Missoula. I guess my parents loved me more than they loved them. :)
Your parents had to love you more. Given your special condition and all.
Whatspecial condiion is that? Good taste. How are you brother?

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:08 am

GOKATS wrote:
NovaUSMC01 wrote:Hey guys, Villanova fan here. How much of a rivalry exists between your two teams? Is the state split 50/50 or so? The Grizzly fans seem like a good bunch but, I always like a rivals perspective.

GO CATS!!!
It's one of the oldest rivalries in the nation and we really do hate each other. Despite what the arrogant asshole griz fans like to think the state is split pretty much 50/50. Don't be mislead, griz fans are some of the most arrogant, obnoxious, uneducated pricks on earth.

Glad I could help................................., Go Nova!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

NovaUSMC01,

If you want to know the truth on a subject... just look at GOKATS remarks and ask yourself who is an obnoxious, uneducated prick?

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:22 am

Go Scats Go wrote:

NovaUSMC01,

If you want to know the truth on a subject... just look at GOKATS remarks and ask yourself who is an obnoxious, uneducated prick?
Or we could take a look at your ilk who made the comment earlier about another bar having a "gas leak" (you know, like the one that blew up half a block of downtown Bozeman and KILLED A WOMAN) because he got butt hurt over a newspaper advertisement. :roll:

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:25 am

PS I stand by my remarks earlier:

My cats breath still smells like cat food.

Tigers love pepper, they hate cinammon though.

If you can refry beans, why can't you refry bacon?

My dad could still beat up your dad.

My mom could also beat up your dad.

Boom goes the dynamite.

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:36 am

coachouert wrote:

Boom goes the dynamite.

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:42 am

whitetrashgriz wrote:
coachouert wrote:

Boom goes the dynamite.
;)
[youtube][/youtube]

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:46 am

coachouert wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:

NovaUSMC01,

Or we could take a look at your ilk who made the comment earlier about another bar having a "gas leak" (you know, like the one that blew up half a block of downtown Bozeman and KILLED A WOMAN) because he got butt hurt over a newspaper advertisement. :roll:
It wasnt me... and if that was said they are an idiot.

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:16 am

Go Scats Go wrote:
coachouert wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:

NovaUSMC01,

I didn't say it was you nor was I accusing you of saying it. It was made by one of your fans on the Bobcat Hangout Board and the mods (I assume) cleaned house on that. You stay classy planet Earth.

Weltercat
Member # Retired

Post by Weltercat » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:43 am

Go Scats Go wrote:
GOKATS wrote:
NovaUSMC01 wrote:Hey guys, Villanova fan here. How much of a rivalry exists between your two teams? Is the state split 50/50 or so? The Grizzly fans seem like a good bunch but, I always like a rivals perspective.

GO CATS!!!
It's one of the oldest rivalries in the nation and we really do hate each other. Despite what the arrogant asshole griz fans like to think the state is split pretty much 50/50. Don't be mislead, griz fans are some of the most arrogant, obnoxious, uneducated pricks on earth.

Glad I could help................................., Go Nova!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

NovaUSMC01,

After reading thousands of posts from you and GOKATS on here it's pretty easy to see who the uneducated prick is.

"The conservation of natural resources is the fundamental problem. Unless we solve that problem it will avail us little to solve all others." Theodore Roosevelt

dcbeck
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by dcbeck » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:44 am

Go Scats Go wrote:
coachouert wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:

NovaUSMC01,

Here is your idiot GSC, this was a post in regards to the ad that Spectators supposedly took out that got everybody at egriz's butts sore. Personally I am not sure why they care, if my team was in the NC I certainly wouldn't. This remark, however is really an example of how out of line people get with the rivalries and such.

by Forshizzlegrizzle on Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:47 am

Man I hope Northwest Energy takes care of those SOB's.
It is better to have died a young boy than to fumble the football.
Forshizzlegrizzle
eGriz Supporter

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:37 am

"It's just another form of Bobcat, we are gonna go stick a foot in their rear-end." Bobby Hauck

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

grizatwork
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by grizatwork » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:05 pm

Hawks86 wrote:"It's just another form of Bobcat, we are gonna go stick a foot in their rear-end." Bobby Hauck
I would say that by reading this board, that there is plenty of hate on both sides of the divide. I guess that is why they call it a rivalry.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:20 pm

exactly.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:28 pm

Hawks86 wrote:exactly.
And there's nothing wrong with that....................

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....