How much hate for the Grizzlies Exists

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bobcatfan15
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: How much hate for the Grizzlies Exists

Post by bobcatfan15 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:45 pm

I Think if this were posted in the 70s and early 80s the Fan ratio would be a different story.

Now lets talk about actual griz and Bobcats. . . I actually attended and earned my degree from MSU. I am a Bobcat. Not many griz "fans" can say that.

Bobcat fans are there through the ups and downs, can't say that about griz "fans". They are first to abandon ship when their team isn't doing so hot.

I would love for the griz to move up a to the FBS, their total athletic department would suffer. They would no longer be able to recruit but the few instate kids that are good enough to play in that division. AND their fan base would dwindle because of their lack of ability to compete in the FBS.

Go Bobcats
And good luck Villanova!

"The season is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes"-Coach Green

grizatwork
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by grizatwork » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:39 pm

bobcatfan15 wrote:I Think if this were posted in the 70s and early 80s the Fan ratio would be a different story.

Now lets talk about actual griz and Bobcats. . . I actually attended and earned my degree from MSU. I am a Bobcat. Not many griz "fans" can say that.

Bobcat fans are there through the ups and downs, can't say that about griz "fans". They are first to abandon ship when their team isn't doing so hot.

I would love for the griz to move up a to the FBS, their total athletic department would suffer. They would no longer be able to recruit but the few instate kids that are good enough to play in that division. AND their fan base would dwindle because of their lack of ability to compete in the FBS.

Go Bobcats
And good luck Villanova!
I am calling BS on a lot of what you posted. I grew up in central Montana in a farm and ranch community. Most if not all the town was bobcat fans because of that. Very few of them went to school there or even set foot in Bozeman. I think you are using a rather broad brush.

CapitalCityCat
Member # Retired

Post by CapitalCityCat » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:42 pm

tampa_griz wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:I will be cheering for Villanova this weekend. Its just like I cheer for the Bobcats and whoever is playing the griz.
Who are the Bobcats playing?

Oh tampa, you're always so quick-witted with your responses. Bravo! =D^

Shouldn't you be thumbing a ride to chattanooga about now? I hear the town is OVERFLOWING with a "sea of maroon". :sick: Hell, I even heard from a coworker that "almost half of Missoula will be there" (direct quote).

Retiring my moniker. It's time to ride off into the sunset. It's been a fun ride. Go Cats.

bobcatmaniac

Post by bobcatmaniac » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:52 pm

grizatwork wrote:
bobcatfan15 wrote:I Think if this were posted in the 70s and early 80s the Fan ratio would be a different story.

Go Bobcats
And good luck Villanova!
I am calling BS on a lot of what you posted. I grew up in central Montana in a farm and ranch community. Most if not all the town was bobcat fans because of that. Very few of them went to school there or even set foot in Bozeman. I think you are using a rather broad brush.
So are you saying you earned a degree from um or are you just another "fan" ??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

prowlalum80
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by prowlalum80 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:54 pm

I truly hate everything Griz

whitetrashgriz
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by whitetrashgriz » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:54 pm

it's really quite simple. both schools have good fans and bad fans. just like every team in every sport. but winning brings the idiots out of their homes. many of those are people who's lives really aren't that great, so if they can hang their hat on anything positive, they seize the opportunity and run with it. no one brags about a losing team. it's easy to be a fan of the griz because they are so successful. so when they win, these "fans" feel the need to come over here and run their mouths. why does it seem like cat fans hate griz fans way more than griz fans hate cat fans? because the griz have simply crushed us for so long our hate builds and builds. meanwhile, and as sad as i am to say this...we really are becoming "just another game" to them. it's our superbowl, and it's their final test before the playoffs. the only thing that will change this is the cats beating the griz, and more than 2 or 3 times in 30 years! all that said, when things do turn around, and the cats start beating the griz, you guys are kidding yourselves if you think we won't have the same arrogant losers spouting off on egriz. we will, just like every other team that wins has fans that do the same thing. all i know is i won't be one of them. i can't wait for the time in my life where the cats are once again the power in the state. but when that happens, i'm going to enjoy it, but i will understand that it doesn't change anything. i still will have all the things that make me truly happy that i do right now...wife, kids, family, friends, education, employment, etc. the only difference is my local football team will be winning too. it's painfully obvious that while there are many great griz fans on this board and elsewhere, there are also quite a few who live and die by the success of these kids playing a game, and that is sad.
Last edited by whitetrashgriz on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:57 pm

whitetrashgriz wrote:it's really quite simple. both schools have good fans and bad fans. just like every team in every sport. but winning brings the idiots out of their homes. many of those are people who's lives really aren't that great, so if they can hang their hat on anything positive, they seize the opportunity and run with it. no one brags about a losing team. it's easy to be a fan of the griz because they are so successful. so when they win, these "fans" feel the need to come over here and run their mouths. why does it seem like cat fans hate griz fans way more than griz fans hate cat fans? because the griz have simply crushed us for so long our hate builds and builds. meanwhile, and as dad as i am to say this...we really are becoming "just another game" to them. it's our superbowl, and it's their final test before the playoffs. the only thing that will change this is the cats beating the griz, and more than 2 or 3 times in 30 years! all that said, when things do turn around, and the cats start beating the griz, you guys are kidding yourselves if you think we won't have the same arrogant losers spouting off on egriz. we will, just like every other team that wins has fans that do the same thing. all i know is i won't be one of them. i can't wait for the time in my life where the cats are once again the power in the state. but when that happens, i'm going to enjoy it, but i will understand that it doesn't change anything. i still will have all the things that make me truly happy that i do right now...wife, kids, family, friends, education, employment, etc. the only difference is my local football team will be winning too. it's painfully obvious that while there are many great griz fans on this board and elsewhere, there are also quite a few who live and die by the success of these kids playing a game, and that is sad.
=D^ =D^ Excellent post!

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:08 pm

It's just like 2000, 2001 all over again. 8 years later and if anything the hole for MSU has gotten bigger. Washington Griz is bigger and the Griz have even more money to spend. What have the cats done to increase there chances to really take a huge step forward? You still have a talented team but really your AD has waisted the last 8 years. It's like the cats are sitting around waiting for the Griz to fall apart. Hate on the Griz all you want but Bobcat Nation fund raisers aren't going to get it done.

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:17 pm

CapitalCityCat wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:I will be cheering for Villanova this weekend. Its just like I cheer for the Bobcats and whoever is playing the griz.
Who are the Bobcats playing?

Oh tampa, you're always so quick-witted with your responses. Bravo! =D^

Shouldn't you be thumbing a ride to chattanooga about now? I hear the town is OVERFLOWING with a "sea of maroon". :sick: Hell, I even heard from a coworker that "almost half of Missoula will be there" (direct quote).
It's only Wednesday. If I didn't have my own transportation I wouldn't need to start thumbing a ride until Friday morning seeing's Chattanooga is only about 9 hours away.

Savage
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Savage » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:13 pm

GOKATS wrote:I hate the griz, but I LOVE this t-shirt!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

The only question is how much did Bobcat fans pay that poor girl to wear that shirt. She about 200 pounds lighter than the normal female bobcat fan and has more teeth.

grizatwork

Post by grizatwork » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:43 pm

bobcatmaniac wrote:
grizatwork wrote:

Go Bobcats
And good luck Villanova!
So are you saying you earned a degree from um or are you just another "fan" ??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes I do have my degree in Physical Therapy. If it werent for my choice of degree, I probably would have ended up in Bozeman like everyone else in my family did. 4 kids. Three with degrees from Bozeman, one from Missoula. I guess my parents loved me more than they loved them. :)

MashTun
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MashTun » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:04 pm

notacatfan wrote:no isht, not much of a rivalry, more like domination.69-35
You know...I would expect the fiz would get out to lead in the early years, since they were in what is now the PAC-10( pac 8 at that time I believe) and the Cats were NAIA. A little info for nova and a reality check for the fiz faithful who are quite giddy and super obnoxious at the moment.

An yes the recent streak over several years ago didn't help matters. At least in the present day it's more of an apples to apples comparison.

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." - Dave Barry

dcbeck

Post by dcbeck » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:27 pm

Savage wrote:

The only question is how much did Bobcat fans pay that poor girl to wear that shirt. She about 200 pounds lighter than the normal female bobcat fan and has more teeth.
Right, did you watch the game on Sat. on tv. There was more white trash hillbillies there than what you see at the GFalls Walmart at midnight on the first of the month.

Savage
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Savage » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:56 pm

dcbeck wrote:
Savage wrote:

Right, did you watch the game on Sat. on tv. There was more white trash hillbillies there than what you see at the GFalls Walmart at midnight on the first of the month.
LOL.......man I know your responding to my tease about your Bobcat Queens but that crack about the Great Falls Wal-Mart is spot on. I'm from Great Falls but have lived in Missoula for 18 years. I think the GF's Wal-Mart is one of the trashiest I have ever seen. As a matter of fact that town is way more trashy than I remember growing up. Chicks with big hair and mullets for the men everywhere not to mention the shocking amount of METH smiles.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:00 pm

dcbeck wrote:
Savage wrote:

Nothing like hillbillies in their bright Blood Pink! Really stood out on ESPN :)

spider

Post by spider » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:00 pm

dcbeck wrote: Right, did you watch the game on Sat. on tv. There was more white trash hillbillies there than what you see at the GFalls Walmart at midnight on the first of the month.
:lol: I kept having flashbacks to OU Gooner games. When I lived in Oklahoma I had trouble determining whether the Sooners were playing or if the state fair was in town...mullets, women with facial hair, missing teeth. Most of them looked as if they couldn't even spell "Sooners".

zootowncat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by zootowncat » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:22 pm

Savage wrote:
dcbeck wrote:
Savage wrote:

LOL.......man I know your responding to my tease about your Bobcat Queens but that crack about the Great Falls Wal-Mart is spot on. I'm from Great Falls but have lived in Missoula for 18 years. I think the GF's Wal-Mart is one of the trashiest I have ever seen. As a matter of fact that town is way more trashy than I remember growing up. Chicks with big hair and mullets for the men everywhere not to mention the shocking amount of METH smiles.
Cant forget Butte walmart...nothing against butte i love it but wow :shock:

FTG

Savage
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Savage » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:29 pm

zootowncat wrote:
Savage wrote:
dcbeck wrote:
Savage wrote:

Cant forget Butte walmart...nothing against butte i love it but wow :shock:
I have been to the Wal-Mart in Butte as recently as last week while working over there. Butte is a great town I could see myself living in Butte but not GF or Billings. The people of Butte really make that town more so than the scenery or anything else. ****** what are we saying here? Every Wal-Mart is full of ding-dongs. Its those of us who dress normal and take baths that are the exception to the rule when it comes to Wal-Marts. Ours in Missoula aren't much better ZootownCat.

grizatwork

Post by grizatwork » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:34 pm

Before I got my satelite radio, I used to go to the layaway section of walmart to get my NASCAR updates.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:35 pm

grizatwork wrote:Before I got my satelite radio, I used to go to the layaway section of walmart to get my NASCAR updates.
Nice! :lol:

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl: