How much hate for the Grizzlies Exists

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

fatcatsat
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: How much hate for the Grizzlies Exists

Post by fatcatsat » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:43 pm

I certainly respect the griz program, but will never root for them. They are in the same recruiting circle as the cats and everytime they are on tv, it is just more advertising for them. Go Nova, go Nova, go Nova.

Griznationalist
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Griznationalist » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:59 pm

The real "rivalry" is between Montana and App State. Fortunately, for the Griz, Montana is 2-0 in the recent contests against the Mountaineers. I'm looking forward to the upcoming home-and-home matchups between Montana and App State. I could learn to hate App State real quick. I cannot hate the Cats. I don't know why. I root for the Cats every weekend but one.

Whisky_Ditch
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Whisky_Ditch » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:22 pm

Despite what the Griz fans on this site say, both programs have a lot of history and are as good as it gets when it comes to 1-AA football. The Griz definitely have a great thing going right now, and have really taken things to the next level. Whenever you have a successful couple decades like they have had, they are going to get all the fair weathers that no one likes. But, I think it would be tough to find a more incredible college football atmosphere than Griz home games and especially during Cat/Griz games and their playoff runs. I'm sure you'll find some diehard fans in Chattanooga this weekend, and these losers that sit on this site and bash the cats during a big week for the Griz will be sitting at home.

Good Luck Nova!

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

ImagineSanta
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ImagineSanta » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:37 am

Savage wrote:
zootowncat wrote:
Savage wrote:
dcbeck wrote:
Savage wrote:
GOKATS wrote:I hate the griz, but I LOVE this t-shirt!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

The only question is how much did Bobcat fans pay that poor girl to wear that shirt. She about 200 pounds lighter than the normal female bobcat fan and has more teeth.
Right, did you watch the game on Sat. on tv. There was more white trash hillbillies there than what you see at the GFalls Walmart at midnight on the first of the month.
LOL.......man I know your responding to my tease about your Bobcat Queens but that crack about the Great Falls Wal-Mart is spot on. I'm from Great Falls but have lived in Missoula for 18 years. I think the GF's Wal-Mart is one of the trashiest I have ever seen. As a matter of fact that town is way more trashy than I remember growing up. Chicks with big hair and mullets for the men everywhere not to mention the shocking amount of METH smiles.
Cant forget Butte walmart...nothing against butte i love it but wow :shock:
I have been to the Wal-Mart in Butte as recently as last week while working over there. Butte is a great town I could see myself living in Butte but not GF or Billings. The people of Butte really make that town more so than the scenery or anything else. ****** what are we saying here? Every Wal-Mart is full of ding-dongs. Its those of us who dress normal and take baths that are the exception to the rule when it comes to Wal-Marts. Ours in Missoula aren't much better ZootownCat.
How can you put down Billings when you live in Missoula? Kinda the whole pot/kettle thing.....

I think you don't get it. Sleeping in until 6 won't get many people very far in life, especially if they want to play on Sunday.
-Cat Grad

Savage
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Savage » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:59 am

Whisky_Ditch wrote:Despite what the Griz fans on this site say, both programs have a lot of history and are as good as it gets when it comes to 1-AA football. The Griz definitely have a great thing going right now, and have really taken things to the next level. Whenever you have a successful couple decades like they have had, they are going to get all the fair weathers that no one likes. But, I think it would be tough to find a more incredible college football atmosphere than Griz home games and especially during Cat/Griz games and their playoff runs. I'm sure you'll find some diehard fans in Chattanooga this weekend, and these losers that sit on this site and bash the cats during a big week for the Griz will be sitting at home.

Good Luck Nova!
Whiskey,

That's a good post my friend. One of my biggest problems with Griz fans is the fact that so many of them WERE NOT HERE FOR THE SUFFERING and now want in on a good thing.

Imagine,
I can't think of one person I know who likes Billing more than either Missoula or Bozeman. Its easy to cut down Billings because its a lot like Great Falls.

Weltercat
Member # Retired

Post by Weltercat » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:17 am

tampa_griz wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:I will be cheering for Villanova this weekend. Its just like I cheer for the Bobcats and whoever is playing the griz.
Who are the Bobcats playing?
You are so clever!!! I'll bet you get laid down in Florida all the time because you cheer for the best team in Montana.

"The conservation of natural resources is the fundamental problem. Unless we solve that problem it will avail us little to solve all others." Theodore Roosevelt

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:18 am

Savage wrote:
dcbeck wrote:
Savage wrote:

The only question is how much did Bobcat fans pay that poor girl to wear that shirt. She about 200 pounds lighter than the normal female bobcat fan and has more teeth.
Right, did you watch the game on Sat. on tv. There was more white trash hillbillies there than what you see at the GFalls Walmart at midnight on the first of the month.
LOL.......man I know your responding to my tease about your Bobcat Queens but that crack about the Great Falls Wal-Mart is spot on. I'm from Great Falls but have lived in Missoula for 18 years. I think the GF's Wal-Mart is one of the trashiest I have ever seen. As a matter of fact that town is way more trashy than I remember growing up. Chicks with big hair and mullets for the men everywhere not to mention the shocking amount of METH smiles.
I live in Great Falls, and you are exagerating your point. Yours is the stereotypical response from an out-of-towner.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:30 am

I hate the Griz when it comes to the Rivalry but as far as them being from Montana and part of the BSC I have to root for them to do well. I really have no problems with the program, players or MOST of the fans. Its those few really arrogant ones that I just can't stand.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:55 am

technoCat wrote:I hate the Griz when it comes to the Rivalry but as far as them being from Montana and part of the BSC I have to root for them to do well. I really have no problems with the program, players or MOST of the fans. Its those few really arrogant ones that I just can't stand.
I'm kind of the same way. I like most of the fans and wish the best for all of the Griz players. However, the people that REALLY get under my skin are those who talk trash even though their only connection to UM is that they like griz football. Whenever someone decides to talk trash, my first response is always, "what year did you graduate from UM".

If the person is an alum or have kids who attend(ed) UM, I'll have a good natured conversation, shake their hand and wish them the best of luck. If their only connection to the school is the football team I just roll my eyes, make a bandwagon comment and walk away.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:00 am

wbtfg wrote:
technoCat wrote:I hate the Griz when it comes to the Rivalry but as far as them being from Montana and part of the BSC I have to root for them to do well. I really have no problems with the program, players or MOST of the fans. Its those few really arrogant ones that I just can't stand.
I'm kind of the same way. I like most of the fans and wish the best for all of the Griz players. However, the people that REALLY get under my skin are those who talk trash even though their only connection to UM is that they like griz football. Whenever someone decides to talk trash, my first response is always, "what year did you graduate from UM".

If the person is an alum or have kids who attend(ed) UM, I'll have a good natured conversation, shake their hand and wish them the best of luck. If their only connection to the school is the football team I just roll my eyes, make a bandwagon comment and walk away.
I don't think it is even the ties to UM that matter. I know people who didn't go to UM(actually went to MSU) but they just like the Griz more. They pay attention to the games and follow the team. I also know UM alum who wear griz crap all the time but couldn't name a single player of the team besides maybe DD. I just really get annoyed when people who don't really care about the team run there mouth because they know that team wins a lot(definition of a bandwagon fan!)

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:46 am

technoCat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

Gotcha...I'm actually the exact opposite then. If I see someone wearing a UM hat, I assume they are an alum and supporting their institution of higher learning, and then perhaps a football fan. Additionally I actually enjoy talking to people who may or may not know the names of the players, but can tell you the strong academic programs, the best professors...etc. The people who annoy me are those who know everything about griz football, but couldn't tell you a thing about anything else on campus.

These are the folks know everything about every single player and have every single piece of griz clothing ever produced, car decals, and a griz tattoo on their neck. They love to gloat about how dominant their beloved football team is, and love to put down everything about MSU and the city of Bozeman in general. Then later your find out that they live in Helena, grew up in Scobey, and attend college at Northern in Havre. Dude, you’re not a griz, you’re a Northern Light.

CapitalCityCat
Member # Retired

Post by CapitalCityCat » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:05 pm

technoCat wrote: I also know UM alum who wear griz crap all the time but couldn't name a single player of the team besides maybe DD.
You mean Dave Dickerson? :wink: I always loved correcting griz "fans" when they called him that.

Retiring my moniker. It's time to ride off into the sunset. It's been a fun ride. Go Cats.

bobcatfan15

Post by bobcatfan15 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:16 pm

Gotcha...I'm actually the exact opposite then. If I see someone wearing a UM hat, I assume they are an alum and supporting their institution of higher learning, and then perhaps a football fan. Additionally I actually enjoy talking to people who may or may not know the names of the players, but can tell you the strong academic programs, the best professors...etc. The people who annoy me are those who know everything about griz football, but couldn't tell you a thing about anything else on campus.

These are the folks know everything about every single player and have every single piece of griz clothing ever produced, car decals, and a griz tattoo on their neck. They love to gloat about how dominant their beloved football team is, and love to put down everything about MSU and the city of Bozeman in general. Then later your find out that they live in Helena, grew up in Scobey, and attend college at Northern in Havre. Dude, you’re not a griz, you’re a Northern Light.
=D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^

"The season is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes"-Coach Green

bobcatmaniac
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bobcatmaniac » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:33 pm

technoCat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

I don't think it is even the ties to UM that matter. I know people who didn't go to UM(actually went to MSU) but they just like the Griz more. They pay attention to the games and follow the team. I also know UM alum who wear griz crap all the time but couldn't name a single player of the team besides maybe DD. I just really get annoyed when people who don't really care about the team run there mouth because they know that team wins a lot(definition of a bandwagon fan!)
ABSOLUTE definition of a bandwagon fan. [-X [-X

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:45 pm

bobcatmaniac wrote:
technoCat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

ABSOLUTE definition of a bandwagon fan. [-X [-X
And you guys call us arrogant. Got anymore antidotal stories? I love them. I'm not sure how any cat fans know the cat players since nobody every shows up for the games.

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

Proud Griz Man
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Proud Griz Man » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:13 pm

wbtfg wrote:

Seem ironic. I am an Alumnus of UM. So is coach Hauck, AD O'Day, and President Dennison.
Using your logic, Griz fans are not legitimate if they did not receive a degree from UM.
Ironic. Conversely MSU has several transplants. Those, who are less connected and legitimate in your opinion?

Peter Fields -Director of Athletics
Fields is a 1979 graduate of the University of Maine, Presque Isle, where he was a varsity wrestler. He served as assistant wrestling coach there in 1983-84, and received his master's degree from The United States Sports Academy in 1987.

President Geoffrey Gamble
Geoffrey Gamble holds a B.A. in English from Fresno State College, an M.A. in Linguistics from California State University, Fresno and a Ph.D. in Linguistics from the University of California, Berkeley. He spent a year as a postdoctoral fellow at the Smithsonian Institute.

Rob Ash Head Football Coach
Phone: 406-994-5694 Email: football@msubobcats.com
Ash spent many years building an impressive resume of success. His coaching career began at his alma mater, Cornell (Iowa) College, shortly after graduating in 1973. After earning a master’s degree in history from the University of Michigan in 1975 (he received a second in physical education from Iowa in 1980), he began his coaching career at his alma mater in 1975.

Jim Svoboda
Assistant Head Coach/Co-Offensive Coordinator
A 1983 graduate of Northwestern College in Iowa, Svoboda began his coaching career at his alma mater.

Jamie Marshall
Assistant Coach/Defensive Coordinator
Marshall played for Ash at Drake from 1995-98, earning all-conference honors as a junior and senior. He graduated from Drake in 1999.

Dale Ploessl
Assistant Coach/Offensive Coordinator
Education: BS Business Administration, Drake, 1993; MS Higher Ed, Drake, 1999
Player: Four-year defensive lineman at Drake. Hometown: Dubuque, Iowa

Jason McEndoo
Assistant Coach/Offensive Line
Education: BA Washington State, 1998; MA Whitworth, 2003
Player: All-Pac 10 offensive lineman at Washington State, played three years in NFL

Bryan Applewhite
Assistant Coach/Running Backs
Education: BS Psychology, Northern Colorado, ’98; MA Sports Admin. Northern Colorado, ‘01

Noah Joseph
Assistant Coach/Defensive Secondary
Education: BA Finance, Drake, 1999; ME Iowa State, 2003

Bo Beck
Assistant Coach/Defensive Line
Education: BA Colorado State, 2002; MS Drake, 2005

Kane Ioane
Assistant Coach/Linebackers/Video Coordinator
Education: BA MSU, 2005 -Player: Big Sky Defensive MVP, 2003 -Hometown: Billings, Mont.

Justin Gaines
Assistant Coach/Secondary
Education: BA Montana, 2000, History

Oh, at least the Governer is an Alumnus of MSU. =D^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

catamaran

Post by catamaran » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:18 pm

Proud Griz Man wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

Seem ironic. I am an Alumnus of UM. So is coach Hauck, AD O'Day, and President Dennison.
Using your logic, Griz fans are not legitimate if they did not receive a degree from UM.
Ironic. Conversely MSU has several transplants. Those, who are less connected and legitimate in your opinion?

we have competition for our administrators, we don't just take people who can weave baskets or type

if you're keeping score, France gave us Burgundy wine, cigarettes, berets, B.O., brie and the Napoleon complex-Bill Simmons

Proud Griz Man
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Proud Griz Man » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:23 pm

catamaran wrote:
Proud Griz Man wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

we have no competent administrators, and we really like this fundraising quiet period. [-o<
Fixed it for you.

dcbeck

Post by dcbeck » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:27 pm

Savage wrote:
dcbeck wrote:
Savage wrote:

Even my school aged children hate going there. We refer to it as crazymart.

catamaran

Post by catamaran » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:31 pm

Proud Griz Man wrote:
catamaran wrote:
Proud Griz Man wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

we have no competent administrators, and we really like this fundraising quiet period. [-o<
I will try my hardest to verify your point
FIFY
Last edited by catamaran on Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

if you're keeping score, France gave us Burgundy wine, cigarettes, berets, B.O., brie and the Napoleon complex-Bill Simmons