Next assistant Basketball Coach

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Next assistant Basketball Coach

Post by mslacat » Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:51 pm

I can not report anything official yet but it really appears that we are going to get an
outstanding assistant basketball coach. Canidates for the job conacted MSU as soon as
the news hit the wire, so far there has been litttle official advertisement of the job and yet
a lot of people have shown quite an interest. Despite this, there are three top knotch
canidates who have who have seperated themselves from the pack, with one clear leader.
I really think this says alot about the program Durham has run that there is that much
interest that coaches are leaving there currrent programs and seeking out coming to a Big
Sky school.

I do not know when a descition will be made, will the athletic Department insist on
advertising the job (leagalities), and also the complications involved with working out the
details for the perspective assistant coaches, it is recruitng time and a very busy time for
all coaches. I think it could as soon as within a week or possibly a little longer but I am
excited about the future of MSU basketball

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:01 pm

I'm not positive, but I don't think that you have to advertise for an assistant coach do you? I'm pretty sure that a head coach can hire whoever he wants, as long it is approved by the administration.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:10 pm

To be perfectly honest I always thought the University system had to advertise all possitions unless they hired from with in, but after watching how UM and Hogan did there hires I am not sure how the system works any more.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:44 pm

I don't think they advertised for the job James Clark got. He certainly wasn't on the staff so you couldn't call that "from within" So I think Mick could hire whomever he choses.

2024 Resume dominance

rtb

How Tall

Post by rtb » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:10 pm

How tall is the leading candidate? 5'? 5'5"? or is he a giant at 6'? Just kidding, I just was hoping for a little more information.