TX QB ratings (McGhee)

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

TX QB ratings (McGhee)

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:09 pm

A buddy of mine who lives in El Paso follows TX football a lot and he was SHOCKED when we signed Denarius McGhee last year. He just sent me this article today of the top 10 QB's from TX in Div 1 football.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2009/a ... ivision-i/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check out Trevor Vittatoe at #10. Denarious McGhee broke all his records in high school. :) I think we have a GEM in the waiting at QB. :D

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Re: TX QB ratings (McGhee)

Post by tetoncat » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:18 pm

wow 7 of his top 10 are also at Texas schools. They do a pretty good job of getting QB's from in state down there.

Sports is not bigger than life

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:20 pm

one other thing to note is the size of the QB's. This is probably why we got McGhee. Reesing is shorter, but i like how they talk about the undersize darkhorse and the guy is 6'2". That is the M.O. for most major programs, the kid needs to be 6'4" or better and over 200lbs.

Sports is not bigger than life

catamaran
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by catamaran » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:28 pm

dont forget most of these guys came out of the same hs class

if you're keeping score, France gave us Burgundy wine, cigarettes, berets, B.O., brie and the Napoleon complex-Bill Simmons

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:17 pm

I haven't seen McGhee play yet, but from what I've read (mainly will's blog and posts here) it sounds like we really have a talented young man out there. I can't wait to see him play. He sounds like he has that intangible, that smootheness, that you just cant teach.
"

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:54 pm

Looks like we are set for a starting QB for 4 years but what about a back-up QB. Next year there will only be 2 QB's on the roster (making the assumtion that Davies is on the team for the practice squad only). What if Kempt losses out to McGhee and leaves the program then we have only one QB.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:35 pm

gtapp wrote:Looks like we are set for a starting QB for 4 years but what about a back-up QB. Next year there will only be 2 QB's on the roster (making the assumtion that Davies is on the team for the practice squad only). What if Kempt losses out to McGhee and leaves the program then we have only one QB.

I'm guessing the coaches have to be looking at bringing in at least a couple QB's. I think it'll be an interesting battle next spring between Kempt and McGhee, but if McGhee wins out where would Kempt go as a senior? I'm guessing he'd stay even if it was as #2, any QB can go down on any given play.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....