Authentic CATS jerseys

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

GavinDonos
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GavinDonos » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:17 am

If the NCAA sells jerseys with players names on the back, then legally the player would be entitled to some of the money. We all know how how the NCAA feels about it's athletes making money. This is why all video games, jerseys etc may have familiar numbers, but no names.

I remember Chris Webber (who else) making a stink about Michigan selling fab five jerseys with the players names on the back... his argument was that if the University and NCAA were going to be making money selling his name, he should be able to see some of the profits.

Although after you buy the jersey, you can commission UAS to put whatever name on the back that you want... no infraction there.
Last edited by GavinDonos on Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

rtb

Logistics

Post by rtb » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:56 am

I will see what can be done. If everyone wants to have their own last name and whatever number on the jersey then maybe we can do a one time big order for everyone. If most people are just happy to get a jersey, then UAS would probably just do a few "Stars" numbers. I will find out more info for you all tomorrow.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:59 am

Yeah, if we can't get names on them .. I'd just be happy with #91 (COOPER) or #34 (JOHNSON) .... Universal can put names on the back once we get the jerseys. Put me down for one for sure.

bronco
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bronco » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:38 pm

It is great to buy bobcat gear the problem is the money generated doesn't go to the athletic department like we would all hope. In Missoula it goes to the University and I think it is the general scholarship fund that receives the windfall..
I think that if a fan buys Cat or Griz gear the money should go to help the program.

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:57 pm

I am willing to let bobcat fans use my photo to silkscreen for "state" shirts in support of the program! Enjoy! :D

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:36 pm

Bozgriz wrote:I am willing to let bobcat fans use my photo to silkscreen for "state" shirts in support of the program! Enjoy! :D
And you guys feel free to use my picture as well! :lol:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

rtb

Post by rtb » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:08 pm

bronco wrote:It is great to buy bobcat gear the problem is the money generated doesn't go to the athletic department like we would all hope. In Missoula it goes to the University and I think it is the general scholarship fund that receives the windfall..
I think that if a fan buys Cat or Griz gear the money should go to help the program.
The money doesn't go to the athletic department? I think you need to study the college licensing information and the contracts that are part of people selling Bobcat merchandise especially at the games.

MSU gets a lot of money through clothing sold to other merchants. You don't think Nike takes a little cut of all that UM Merchandise they sell??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

bronco
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bronco » Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:01 am

In Missoula the money goes to the general scholarship fund. I wish it didn't. You might have heard there is a short fall in the athletic dept. Maybe you folks have a different deal and it would be a better deal if your dept benefited. maybe make a call to your bookstore and ask them if the sales of cat merchandise goes to the athletic dept or the general school fund?
You're laughing before you know the facts me thinks.