Authentic CATS jerseys

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Authentic CATS jerseys

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:42 pm

Just curious if anyone knows where you can purchase or order authentic Bobcat Jerseys? I would like to get one for this year if I could .. I know they are more expensive, but they are a lot better quality than the replica ones and will last a long time! Just curious.

Thanks!

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:19 pm

Just a Guess but i would bet our fine sponcers Universal Athletics would be a good place to start. They carry only the finest in athletic apperal and at resonable prices. Have you checked out their site recently by clicking on their link I know they would apreciate the visit along with our fine site

Seriously though Universal Athletics or the Bookstore would be the place to start. My sister also works for Bob Wards here in Missoula and they some times carries such things but are more an outdoors kind of sport ware.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:25 pm

mslacat wrote:Just a Guess but i would bet our fine sponcers Universal Athletics would be a good place to start. They carry only the finest in athletic apperal and at resonable prices. Have you checked out their site recently by clicking on their link I know they would apreciate the visit along with our fine site

Seriously though Universal Athletics or the Bookstore would be the place to start. My sister also works for Bob Wards here in Missoula and they some times carries such things but are more an outdoors kind of sport ware.
I bought a replica at Univeral Athletics last year and asked them and they said no, but I guess I can run it by them again. The bookstore I know doesn't have any in their store at all as I just checked last weekend. Thanks for the info, I'll try UAS site and see what I can find out.

Thanks!

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:39 pm

Since I own the only authentic MSU jersey (outside of players) that I have seen anywhere, I hate to give away my secret, but for the sake of school spirit and all that, I will begrudgingly let you in on how I obtained mine. All I did was go downstairs in the Fieldhouse and talk to the equipment manager. He got me one ordered, let me pick the number and offered to get a name put on the back, if I wanted. He was really helpful, and I love showing off my real jersey at the football games. It also wasn't as expensive as I would have guessed, somewhere around $100.00. I do believe we have a new equipment manager, though, so I don't know how he will treat you. That is my best advice!

GO CATS GO!!!

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:48 pm

I think I have seen you before at the games before Bozone! Were you at the Wyoming game last year? There was a guy in the MSU alumni tent that had one and the authentic ones look very sharp!

Thanks for the info! I'll have to see what I can do to get one? They should sell those and make some money for the program you would think???

Thanks!
Last edited by CARDIAC_CATS on Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:57 pm

Well, yes, I was at the Wyoming game, but it was in Laramie, not Bozeman. :wink: I wear it to every game, and even toughed it out enough to wear only my jersey and an undershirt to the Sac State and griz games... but I did have to put on a sweatshirt while tailgating... man, was it cold those days! I have thought for a long time that the Athletic Dept. should sell authentic jerseys, I think there would be a big response for them. Don't even get me started on the competancy (or lack thereof) of our Marketing Dept. at Montana State. Put me in their shoes tomorrow, and I would double revenues in less than 6 months, guaranteed. So many untapped resources...

GO CATS GO!!!

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:11 pm

If anyone was able to put the message in MSU's ear about this idea and get them to start selling jerseys to us wannabe's, I'd definitely be in the market -- especially for a home jersey. In fact, I'd get "Wannabe" put on as the name on the back. Ttthhhat'dbe cool.
Last edited by SonomaCat on Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:33 pm

Agreed, I am looking to get a jersey before next year as well and was going to get one of the replica ones but would love to get ahold of one of the authentic jerseys. Anybody out there know the new equipment manager?

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:36 pm

BozoneCat wrote:Well, yes, I was at the Wyoming game, but it was in Laramie, not Bozeman. :wink: I wear it to every game, and even toughed it out enough to wear only my jersey and an undershirt to the Sac State and griz games... but I did have to put on a sweatshirt while tailgating... man, was it cold those days! I have thought for a long time that the Athletic Dept. should sell authentic jerseys, I think there would be a big response for them. Don't even get me started on the competancy (or lack thereof) of our Marketing Dept. at Montana State. Put me in their shoes tomorrow, and I would double revenues in less than 6 months, guaranteed. So many untapped resources...

Sorry .. was a typo on Bozeman. I was in the rain storm in Laramie last year too. I'm sure that was probably you then. I agree, they need to start pushing the program/jerseys/tailgating gear more ... REVENUE REVENUE REVENUE!
Last edited by CARDIAC_CATS on Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:48 pm

I smell a great fundraising opportunity for MSU... I know I'd buy an authentic jersey, or at least a more accurate replica. The current replicas without the stripes aren't terrible but they aren't great either.

CatfaninGA
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatfaninGA » Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:50 pm

Anybody that could help out an MSU fan down here in Atlanta in getting a jersey would be mucho appraciated!

GreatLakesCat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by GreatLakesCat » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:43 pm

I'd love to get one...Do you think they would sell the white jersey as an authentic option as well. I love how our whites look on the road...They just stand out!

GO CATS

If God made me a griz fan...I'd shoot myself...

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:53 pm

I love our uniforms, I think they are far and away the best of any team that I have seen in I-AA. Georgia Southern, UM, and Delaware also have pretty good unis, although Delaware needs to match the blue on their unis to the blue on their helmets. McNeese has terrible unis, I hate it where all the "players' names" on the backs say "Cowboys" instead of their actual names. It makes it hard for an outsider to follow who is making the plays, although I understand the "team first" concept of doing it. I just think it looks stupid.

I don't see any more problem in getting an away jersey than in getting a home one. I do like our road unis, but I wish we wore gold pants instead of the all-white look. I love the all-navy look of our home unis, though.

GO CATS GO!!!

GreatLakesCat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by GreatLakesCat » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:17 pm

Gold Pants! I guess I just can't picture it right now. I like the Road whites because of the sleek ghostly look....I guess I have always been a fan of the Texas all white look...helmets right down to the socks and spatted cleats, all white. Both uni's are an aweosme look though.

If God made me a griz fan...I'd shoot myself...

rtb

The Powers that be

Post by rtb » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:17 pm

Hey all,

I have some good contacts at Universal and I know that we are quickly approaching the time when all the stuff will be ordered for football season. I will pass this information on to them and see what can be done.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:26 am

Let us know RTB, I know probaly 2-3 here where I work that would order one. If they have to order a bunch of them in order to place the order, then we could all get together and place an order together. I know a guy here at Universal Athletics here in Billings as well. I can maybe call and see what he says on that too.

CatfaninGA

Post by CatfaninGA » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:11 pm

Please somebody send me a message via private or email me if you are going in on getting an authentic jersey! I will pay I promise!

rtb

Universal Athletics

Post by rtb » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:46 pm

UAS is working out the details and seeing what can be done about getting Authentic Jerseys available. I can't promise it, but I expect to hear something by Friday so I will keep you posted. Most likely if they can do it at UAS they will be available in late July or August for purchase. Are you all expecting to be able to customize them with name and number or are you thinking of having just a few numbers like #14, 91, 33, etc. Let me know some feedback on that.

CatfaninGA

Post by CatfaninGA » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:18 am

I would just like a #14 jersey, probably put my name on the back. I do know that the NCAA is pretty strict on using players names on the backs of jerseys for personal use, so be aware of that. At least it's that way when I ordered a personalized Clemson jersey last year, you can not put the name of a current player on the roster, so keep that in mind, but if you are just going to put your own last name on the back of the jersey then you should be ok.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:32 am

I don't know if they are supposed to or not, but I do know that UAS has put player's names on the back of a jersey as I know a couple people who have done it(that is with the replica jerseys anyway).

As for the authentic jerseys, if they can get them I would get one. I would prefer to be able to pick the number/name rather than just have a few of the "stars" jerseys, but don't know if that will be possible.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon