Spring ball '19

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Spring ball '19

Post by AFCAT » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:33 am

94VegasCat wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:48 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:21 pm
94VegasCat wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:14 pm
catfisherman wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:44 am
Is spring ball going on or have they been pushing practice back? There has been no news for awhile.
Thought I saw some pics on Twitter but nothing on here. What gives?
There is some stuff on Instagram.
I guess that’s why I come to BN because I don’t have Instagram. Isn’t that the purpose here?
You expect the Bobcats to post images and stories about the team on Bobcat Nation? Good luck with that. The Cats post on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. If you want to see current stuff, that’s where you have to go. There are a few of us that try to post links to those sites for everyone to see, but there is no requirement for that do be done, just a community service for those without accounts.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:36 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:23 am
AFCAT wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:23 pm
No recognition. I wonder what that’s about.
I think that’s a hit on the Big Sky awards from last season. Only one Cat made the 1st team.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:41 am

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:36 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:23 am
AFCAT wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:23 pm
No recognition. I wonder what that’s about.
I think that’s a hit on the Big Sky awards from last season. Only one Cat made the 1st team.
That, and teams love to play up the underdog card. Even the Patriots did it before the Super Bowl. Coaches love to take any disrespect (or perceived disrespect) and flip it into motivation. I'm all for it!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:53 am

News will pick up when everybody gets back from Boise.

Watching the instagram story from the other day.

Who is #1 WR?
Who is #96 DL?
Didn't see Murray. He might have class.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:34 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:53 am
News will pick up when everybody gets back from Boise.

Watching the instagram story from the other day.

Who is #1 WR?
Who is #96 DL?
Didn't see Murray. He might have class.
A lot of # changes have happened. Tullis might be #1 now because Filer moved to #3. I'm in "wait-and-see" mode until a scrimmage happens.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:41 am

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:33 am
94VegasCat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
catfisherman wrote:
Is spring ball going on or have they been pushing practice back? There has been no news for awhile.
I guess that’s why I come to BN because I don’t have Instagram. Isn’t that the purpose here?
You expect the Bobcats to post images and stories about the team on Bobcat Nation? Good luck with that. The Cats post on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. If you want to see current stuff, that’s where you have to go. There are a few of us that try to post links to those sites for everyone to see, but there is no requirement for that do be done, just a community service for those without accounts.

AFCAT, thanks for posting links when you do. I for one appreciate all who do so.
I don't participate in any social media, therefore missing quite a lot of the more minor story lines.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:35 pm

AFCAT wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
catfisherman wrote:
Nope. I do not expect the Cats to post anything. I come here to get info. Just like I’ve been doing for 15 years. I don’t come come here to read: “go check out Instagram”.

I greatly appreciate all the posts by people that do share what they find. THAT is why we all come here. Not everyone lives in Bozeman or knows someone close to the program. But we’re still very much interested in reading any nugget of info because we love our team.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:48 pm

94VegasCat wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:35 pm
AFCAT wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
catfisherman wrote:
Nope. I do not expect the Cats to post anything. I come here to get info. Just like I’ve been doing for 15 years. I don’t come come here to read: “go check out Instagram”.

I greatly appreciate all the posts by people that do share what they find. THAT is why we all come here. Not everyone lives in Bozeman or knows someone close to the program. But we’re still very much interested in reading any nugget of info because we love our team.
If you are going to quote something, then use the correct quote. You asked the question "What gives?" and I tried to help you out with letting you know "There is some stuff on Instagram." I didn't know if you had an Instagram account or not and I didn't write for you to "go check out Instagram." I was just letting you know where there was some spring ball stuff. Now, since I also don't live in Bozeman, I use these sources for Cat news. The online Bozeman Chronicle, Billings Gazette, Twitter, Instagram, the Bobcat QB Club, and Bobcat Nation. The BQBC is the only source that isn't online and available to everyone. Obviously, I can't speak about what's said at the BQBC.

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:00 pm

I was out of the country for five years, so somebody tell me: when did guys start using instagram?

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:41 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:48 pm
94VegasCat wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:35 pm
AFCAT wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
catfisherman wrote:

If you are going to quote something, then use the correct quote. You asked the question "What gives?" and I tried to help you out with letting you know "There is some stuff on Instagram." I didn't know if you had an Instagram account or not and I didn't write for you to "go check out Instagram." I was just letting you know where there was some spring ball stuff. Now, since I also don't live in Bozeman, I use these sources for Cat news. The online Bozeman Chronicle, Billings Gazette, Twitter, Instagram, the Bobcat QB Club, and Bobcat Nation. The BQBC is the only source that isn't online and available to everyone. Obviously, I can't speak about what's said at the BQBC.
I’ll work on my BN etiquette and proper use of the functions. :roll:

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:37 pm

kwcat wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:41 am
AFCAT wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
catfisherman wrote:

AFCAT, thanks for posting links when you do. I for one appreciate all who do so.
I don't participate in any social media, therefore missing quite a lot of the more minor story lines.
The local news paper doesn't cover the Bobcats until about 2 days before 1st game. Since Colter left, I'm not sure if they have someone who even covers sports any more...nothing local any way. Mostly copy and paste AP stories about NASCAR.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:48 pm

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:51 pm

Spring break this week. Good time to do some catching up. @Colter_Nuanez

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:33 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:00 pm
I was out of the country for five years, so somebody tell me: when did guys start using instagram?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:46 pm

FTG247365 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:37 pm
kwcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
catfisherman wrote:

The local news paper doesn't cover the Bobcats until about 2 days before 1st game. Since Colter left, I'm not sure if they have someone who even covers sports any more...nothing local any way. Mostly copy and paste AP stories about NASCAR.
We haven ever printed anything about NASCAR, do not have a subscription to the AP and still cover the Bobcats full force. Brooks Nuanez is the full-time reporter and photographer in Bozeman, I turn all those interviews into content and I still drive back to Bozeman every single home football weekend and as many basketball games as I can.

http://skylinesportsmt.com/category/montana-state/

Bobcats are on spring break now. We will hit spring ball coverage hard once they get back on the practice field.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:18 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:46 pm
FTG247365 wrote:
kwcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
catfisherman wrote:

We haven ever printed anything about NASCAR, do not have a subscription to the AP and still cover the Bobcats full force. Brooks Nuanez is the full-time reporter and photographer in Bozeman, I turn all those interviews into content and I still drive back to Bozeman every single home football weekend and as many basketball games as I can.

Bobcats are on spring break now. We will hit spring ball coverage hard once they get back on the practice field.
He was talking about the Chronicle, not you.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:09 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:18 pm
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
FTG247365 wrote:
kwcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
catfisherman wrote:

Oh since I left the Chronicle...I see ](*,) DOH

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:37 pm

Hahaha..... You should cover NASCAR. Weather would be a hell of a lot better.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:14 pm

The Chronicle has two reporters covering the Cats. Colton Poole is one of the reporters and he does a pretty good job. Paul Schwedelson is the other Chronicle sports reporter, but I don’t really care for his coverage. Both post their Bobcat articles on their twitter feeds.

FTG247365

Post by FTG247365 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:52 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:09 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:18 pm
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
FTG247365 wrote:
kwcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
catfisherman wrote:

Oh since I left the Chronicle...I see ](*,) DOH
LOL....Come back to the promised land Colter! Keep up the hard work, its paying off, love listening to your ESPN stream.