EWU Home Schedule Worst in Big Sky History?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: EWU Home Schedule Worst in Big Sky History?

Post by PHAT CAT » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:50 pm

Montanabob wrote:I actually hate PSU's schedule more than EWU.
3-8 maybe 4-7 if they beat Nevada.

2018 PORTLAND STATE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
L Aug. 31, at Nevada
L Sept. 8, at Oregon
W Sept. 15, College of Idaho
L Sept. 22, Montana State*
L Sept. 29, at Idaho*
W Oct. 6, at Montana*
L Oct. 13, Northern Colorado*
Oct. 20, bye
L Oct. 27, at Sacramento State*
W Nov. 3, Idaho State*
L Nov. 10, at North Dakota*
L Nov. 17, Eastern Washington*

* Big Sky Conference game
You forgot the L on Oct 20th.

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:23 pm

Since PSU's schedule has been mentioned, I plan on being the drunkest guy in Portland that game. You're all welcome in advance. CATS!

Their schedule is terrible by the by.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:15 pm

coachouert wrote:Since PSU's schedule has been mentioned, I plan on being the drunkest guy in Portland that game. You're all welcome in advance. CATS!

Their schedule is terrible by the by.
The VERY good news is that it appears neither the Thorns or the Timbers have a home game that date so that should mean the game for sure will be played at Providence Park. The Griz had to go to the HS stadium in Hillsboro last year. Hope we get 5000 Bobcat crazies at this one. I've got a group of 10 or so for sure making the trip from various points around the country.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:08 pm

11th game found, EWU to play CWU opening weekend.

http://www.goeags.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

Central lost in the Division II Championship game last year, 34-31 to Texas A&M Commerce. Not an easy game for EWU.

http://www.wildcatsports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=176

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:42 pm

Over the years CWU has had a very competitive program. They hit the skids for a few seasons recently, but are back. The Bobcats played them twice a few years ago. The first time they came with future NFL (and Dennis Erickson nephew) quarterback Jon Kitna and they were competitive. The second time they ambushed a good Bobcat team with guys like Johnson and Ioane. I don't recall the score, but the Cats lost by maybe 20 or more and were never in it. That CWU team was inducted into their HOF where it was declared the win over Montana State was the biggest in school history! I'm hoping that will be eclipsed when the play EWU.
Beau Baldwin came out of CWU where he started at quarterback for 3 years and coached for one before moving on to EWU. CWU has a proud football history.

Mr Lisle

Post by Mr Lisle » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:54 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:Over the years CWU has had a very competitive program. They hit the skids for a few seasons recently, but are back. The Bobcats played them twice a few years ago. The first time they came with future NFL (and Dennis Erickson nephew) quarterback Jon Kitna and they were competitive. The second time they ambushed a good Bobcat team with guys like Johnson and Ioane. I don't recall the score, but the Cats lost by maybe 20 or more and were never in it. That CWU team was inducted into their HOF where it was declared the win over Montana State was the biggest in school history! I'm hoping that will be eclipsed when the play EWU.
Beau Baldwin came out of CWU where he started at quarterback for 3 years and coached for one before moving on to EWU. CWU has a proud football history.
This team has drop-downs from Southern Utah, Portland State, Washington, Eastern Washington (2) and one from Montana State, wr Keon Stephens.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:33 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:Over the years CWU has had a very competitive program. They hit the skids for a few seasons recently, but are back. The Bobcats played them twice a few years ago. The first time they came with future NFL (and Dennis Erickson nephew) quarterback Jon Kitna and they were competitive. The second time they ambushed a good Bobcat team with guys like Johnson and Ioane. I don't recall the score, but the Cats lost by maybe 20 or more and were never in it. That CWU team was inducted into their HOF where it was declared the win over Montana State was the biggest in school history! I'm hoping that will be eclipsed when the play EWU.
This team has drop-downs from Southern Utah, Portland State, Washington, Eastern Washington (2) and one from Montana State, wr Keon Stephens.
Thanks for the information. Every once in a while I hear murmurs about CWU moving up to FCS, have you heard anything on that?

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Mr Lisle

Post by Mr Lisle » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:13 pm

Rich K wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:
Thanks for the information. Every once in a while I hear murmurs about CWU moving up to FCS, have you heard anything on that?
Have not. They are currently beginning a $4M improvement on their athletic facilities including tearing the running track out of the football stadium and building the track elsewhere, upgrading the stadium with new spin turf. Enrollment now over 10,000 and there is an ambitioius plan to vastly improve their entire athletic facilities. Like MSU, Idaho and Eastern WA...it's a money thing. However, if it all works out for them I do think downstream they may be a great candidate for the BSC. Maybe replace the Bobcats when the Cats move up. :wink:

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:56 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:
Rich K wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:
Have not. They are currently beginning a $4M improvement on their athletic facilities including tearing the running track out of the football stadium and building the track elsewhere, upgrading the stadium with new spin turf. Enrollment now over 10,000 and there is an ambitioius plan to vastly improve their entire athletic facilities. Like MSU, Idaho and Eastern WA...it's a money thing. However, if it all works out for them I do think downstream they may be a great candidate for the BSC. Maybe replace the Bobcats when the Cats move up. :wink:
Or replace that team to the west that keeps weighing us down.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:42 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:
Rich K wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:
Bigger enrollment than granola tech...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.