Terrell Pryor Tweet

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Terrell Pryor Tweet

Post by GoCats18 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:53 am

Does anyone know why Terrell Pryor tweeted a picture of Koni Dole when he was talking about his cleats for a cause? Just wondering if anyone else saw this and knows what it means. Also, instead starting another thread does anyone know if the poster with the schedule can be purchased anywhere? I really like those.

Punters are people too!!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: Terrell Pryor Tweet

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:30 am

NFL players are now allowed to customize their cleets. I'm guessing he will have that Koni photo on his cleats this week for inspiration.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

bpcats20
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by bpcats20 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:58 pm

They can wear their custom cleats during pre-game warmups.

bobcatfan4life
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan4life » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:06 pm

Generally, they aren't allowed to customize their cleats. But this year they are allowing it for one week all players can customize their cleats for a cause or something that means something to them. In this case, it may just be for inspiration but that is awesome that he would put a picture of Koni on his cleats as an inspiration.

Koni is an incredible young man.

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:06 pm

bobcatfan4life wrote:Generally, they aren't allowed to customize their cleats. But this year they are allowing it for one week all players can customize their cleats for a cause or something that means something to them. In this case, it may just be for inspiration but that is awesome that he would put a picture of Koni on his cleats as an inspiration.

Agreed. Koni worked for my son this last summer. He said, bar none and not even close, that Koni was the hardest worker he has ever had work for him (all tough manual labor).

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:40 am

HelenaCat wrote:
bobcatfan4life wrote:Generally, they aren't allowed to customize their cleats. But this year they are allowing it for one week all players can customize their cleats for a cause or something that means something to them. In this case, it may just be for inspiration but that is awesome that he would put a picture of Koni on his cleats as an inspiration.

Agreed. Koni worked for my son this last summer. He said, bar none and not even close, that Koni was the hardest worker he has ever had work for him (all tough manual labor).
I love it for two reasons. 1. Koni got dicked with the leg injury, and instead of letting it define him he in turned defined what it means to make the most of what you got. Before he got injured and they botched the surgery, he was a prized recruit for MSU as a junior in high school.

2. He proved you can still work and work hard even when you play division 1 or 1aa athletics. Having been a college athlete and worked while doing it, it makes me have even more respect for him. This kid has one leg and can do both, so please for the love of Christ quit saying "college athletes should be paid". You are getting paid, it's called a scholarship. If you don't like it, I can assure you it gets tougher after college. Instead of getting a scholarship and playing in front of fans, you have to work for a company or a boss and make them money while you squeak by.

Good job Koni!!

If your left, you aren’t right.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:01 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
HelenaCat wrote:

I love it for two reasons. 1. Koni got dicked with the leg injury, and instead of letting it define him he in turned defined what it means to make the most of what you got. Before he got injured and they botched the surgery, he was a prized recruit for MSU as a junior in high school.

2. He proved you can still work and work hard even when you play division 1 or 1aa athletics. Having been a college athlete and worked while doing it, it makes me have even more respect for him. This kid has one leg and can do both, so please for the love of Christ quit saying "college athletes should be paid". You are getting paid, it's called a scholarship. If you don't like it, I can assure you it gets tougher after college. Instead of getting a scholarship and playing in front of fans, you have to work for a company or a boss and make them money while you squeak by.

Good job Koni!!
People don't think athletes should get paid bc they work hard, but bc of how much money the schools make off of them.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:57 am

Pryor's cleats for a cause will be cancer awareness cleats I believe in honor of his mother. However similar to Antonio Brown, Cam Newton and others who wear new custom pregame cleats every week, he will be wearing pregame cleats with Koni on them at some point here the last couple weeks.

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:14 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:Pryor's cleats for a cause will be cancer awareness cleats I believe in honor of his mother. However similar to Antonio Brown, Cam Newton and others who wear new custom pregame cleats every week, he will be wearing pregame cleats with Koni on them at some point here the last couple weeks.
Thank you. This is what I was looking for. I knew that we was doing some to honor his family members, but there was nothing written about the Koni thing. Would be awesome to see a shoe to honor such a hard working kid.

Punters are people too!!

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:32 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
HelenaCat wrote:

Good job Koni!!
People don't think athletes should get paid bc they work hard, but bc of how much money the schools make off of them.
Welcome to the real world. I brought in $300,000 to our firm last year and that was my realization amount, guess what I got paid less than $60,000. Thank you for proving my point.

If your left, you aren’t right.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:15 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
HelenaCat wrote:

Good job Koni!!
Not to mention that quite a few of those athletes don't get full rides, maybe just books paid for. That's a lot of work for a few hundred dollars a semester.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:23 pm

Tons and tons of work. But school books are crazy expensive.