2016 Fall Camp Blog

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: 2016 Fall Camp Blog

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:10 pm

Brad Daly left after his freshman year to work for an oil company, then came back and killed it. Collins has plenty of time and if you look at the Schriebis, Fletcher, and Daly they all were average to good their first three years of college, but yet were great their last years. I would say Fletcher and Daly were more than average their Jr. years and guess what Collins is only a sophomore.

If your left, you aren’t right.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:51 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:Yeah I guess when you battle off the Pac12 for a recruit you have pretty high expectations. In the third year in college, whether a true JR or RS Soph, I often see see kids really turn it on. He's old enough to establish himself as a guy this defense can count on to help this team to the next level and usher in a new era of dominate Bobcat defense.

Yeah I have concerns. Moving McCarthy over tells me they are still actively looking for a Buck (although great news about McCarthy). This is a personal mission of Gregorak and very important. I really hope I'm wrong about the 41.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
Caleb Schreibies was a rotational player his red shirt sophomore season. Grant has been tremendous in his development thus far. Completely disagree with your logic.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:23 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:BJ Ojo moved to RB..... :shock: did not see that comin
Wow me neither. I read at one point that the best most instinctive player will be Buck. Period. This shows that McCarthy is doing really well which is a good sign. However something is bugging me about the 41. That's all I'll say about that.

As for Ojo, I think he's a very physical and pretty quick. There will probably be some packages for him at fullback and he will thump some skulls.
Something is bugging you about Grant Collins?
Sometimes I have the feeling Choate doesn't think he's found his guy yet. I thought by the RS sophomore year for a guy with this pedigree he would be doing the same type of domination in these scrimmages that Kidder is doing out west.

For the love if God man. Tell me I'm effing high. I really want to hear he's an all conference type guy this year.
I think we're good man, we haven't heard much about Mac this fall either and no one is worried about him cause he kills it. I think grant is a natural at Buck, he might need to just bulk up a bit.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:30 am

[quote="Hi-Line Bobcat"]Brad Daly left after his freshman year to work for an oil company, then came back and killed it. Collins has plenty of time and if you look at the Schriebis, Fletcher, and Daly they all were average to good their first three years of college, but yet were great their last years. I would say Fletcher and Daly were more than average their Jr. years and guess what Collins is only a sophomore.[/quote]

Average? Brad Daly? You must be confusing him with someone else. He barely played as a freshman, but he still had two sacks and blocked a punt. Took a year off, then came back and led the BSC in sacks and was 2nd team all BSC as a sophomore. He was never average.

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:33 am

iaafan wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:Brad Daly left after his freshman year to work for an oil company, then came back and killed it. Collins has plenty of time and if you look at the Schriebis, Fletcher, and Daly they all were average to good their first three years of college, but yet were great their last years. I would say Fletcher and Daly were more than average their Jr. years and guess what Collins is only a sophomore.
Average? Brad Daly? You must be confusing him with someone else. He barely played as a freshman, but he still had two sacks and blocked a punt. Took a year off, then came back and led the BSC in sacks and was 2nd team all BSC as a sophomore. He was never average.
I'm not confusing him with anybody else, my point being he took a year off and worked in the oil field then came back and really blossomed, which means there is still plenty of time for Collins to kill it. But yeah focus on the "average" part of my comment.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:37 am

I do hope you're right about Collins, but when someone writes the word "average" next to Brad Daly's name it's impossible for me to focus on anything else they're saying.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:05 am

I know we all had crazy high expectations for Collins, and he showed flashes as a true freshman last year. And no we haven't heard a ton about him in camp, but he is playing a new position he's never played (as I understand it) and will probably start in front of a fairly talented group of guys, some with much more experience than him, so that's saying something.

As someone else said, I haven't heard nary a peep about Bignell this camp, but I'm in no way worried about that.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:06 am

CelticCat wrote:I know we all had crazy high expectations for Collins, and he showed flashes as a true freshman last year. And no we haven't heard a ton about him in camp, but he is playing a new position he's never played (as I understand it) and will probably start in front of a fairly talented group of guys, some with much more experience than him, so that's saying something.

As someone else said, I haven't heard nary a peep about Bignell this camp, but I'm in no way worried about that.
He wasn't a true freshman last year.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:08 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
CelticCat wrote:I know we all had crazy high expectations for Collins, and he showed flashes as a true freshman last year. And no we haven't heard a ton about him in camp, but he is playing a new position he's never played (as I understand it) and will probably start in front of a fairly talented group of guys, some with much more experience than him, so that's saying something.

Ah my mistake. Well more or less my statements hold true... 8)

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:09 am

CelticCat wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

Ah my mistake. Well more or less my statements hold true... 8)
I totally agree.

Cat_gld
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat_gld » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:44 am

This staff seems to be somewhat reserved in discussing relative skills and abilities of individual players within position groups and their ranking on depth charts. Just because you don't hear a name mentioned as often as you might like really doesn't mean anything at this point. Certainly nothing for anyone to get their panties in a wad over. I remain mildly optimistic.