Montana Recruits 2016

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bemiller49
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Montana Recruits 2016

Post by Bemiller49 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:55 am

Opland is one heck of a competitor! He is just under 6 foot and has been dunking since 8th grade. He got 3 seconds and a first at the state track meet last spring while having walking pneumonia. It won't matter where they put him, he will be a big help to the team.

406classCfan
New Recruit

Post by 406classCfan » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:15 pm

Twin Bridges will be good this year. They only return one all-state player but they have several players who will receive conference honors and a runningback who i felt should have received all-state honors last season. They have a stand out WR in Tracen Eggers (800 Rec. Yds, 11 TD's in 2014-15) and also return Runningback Bill Yeager, the RB I mentioned above. (1311 Rush. Yds, 23 TD's in 2014-15). Last season they lost a few key Juniors and Sophomores to injury but they are all cleared and ready to play again. I can't find Eggers highlight reel but here is Yeagers.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:09 pm

Alright guys Montana high school football is finally here! I will be paying attention each weekend to all the games and keep track of how the potential recruits are doing. Every class is going to be wide open this year with no true juggernauts like Bozeman two years ago or Glacier last year. As far as my top 50 list and player rankings, they will be changing throughout the year and up until their senior year hudl highlights are uploaded. My predictions for the championship games are as follows:

Class AA - CMR over Bozeman
Class A - Whitefish over Dillon
Class B - Manhattan over Huntley Project
Class C - Belt over Simms (8-man)
Class C - DGS over Bridger (6-man)

Good luck to the kids!
Last edited by VimSince03 on Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:25 pm

Hey why doesn't Stanford get an upper case S? :lol:

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:32 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:Hey why doesn't Stanford get an upper case S? :lol:
Especially since Kash graduated from there, it should've been an upper-upper case S.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:47 pm

VimSince03 wrote:

Good luck to the kids!

Might want to change that CMR prediction.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:31 am

Hawks86 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Good luck to the kids!

Might want to change that CMR prediction.
After last night's developments, my prediction looks to be in tough shape. Didn't realize CMRs offensive line was that poor. Oh well gotta stick by the prediction. Bozeman is TOUGH this year!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:38 pm

Jed Nagler (Whitefish) committed to Montana tonight. Definitely one, if not the, best athletes in Montana and one of my top overall players. As a receiver, he is big, strong, and his athleticism wins him many battles. At 6'4", 210 lbs. he is a horse at WR. I think Connor Sullivan when I see Naglers tape. So in short, Griz add yet another stud WR and their first 2016 Montana recruit. We have 4, they have 1 thus far.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:01 pm

VimSince03 wrote:Jed Nagler (Whitefish) committed to Montana tonight. Definitely one, if not the, best athletes in Montana and one of my top overall players. As a receiver, he is big, strong, and his athleticism wins him many battles. At 6'4", 210 lbs. he is a horse at WR. I think Connor Sullivan when I see Naglers tape. So in short, Griz add yet another stud WR and their first 2016 Montana recruit. We have 4, they have 1 thus far.
Connor Sullivan is much more physical and attacks the ball at its highest point more prevalently. But Nagler is a better pure athlete. Sullivan is power. Nagler is smooth, finesse and speed. He was the single best athlete at Montana State's individual camp. He could play on any level of defense depending on what a team wanted to turn him into but he'll be a legit threat at wide receiver in the Big Sky.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:29 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:Jed Nagler (Whitefish) committed to Montana tonight. Definitely one, if not the, best athletes in Montana and one of my top overall players. As a receiver, he is big, strong, and his athleticism wins him many battles. At 6'4", 210 lbs. he is a horse at WR. I think Connor Sullivan when I see Naglers tape. So in short, Griz add yet another stud WR and their first 2016 Montana recruit. We have 4, they have 1 thus far.
Connor Sullivan is much more physical and attacks the ball at its highest point more prevalently. But Nagler is a better pure athlete. Sullivan is power. Nagler is smooth, finesse and speed. He was the single best athlete at Montana State's individual camp. He could play on any level of defense depending on what a team wanted to turn him into but he'll be a legit threat at wide receiver in the Big Sky.
If you had the reigns, would you put him on offense or defense? Its hard to choose.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:18 am

Defense needs some studs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:46 am

77matcat wrote:Defense needs some studs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think one guy makes a bigger difference on the offense than the D.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

NDIrish
New Recruit

Post by NDIrish » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:29 pm

I know a kid that could play at this level without a doubt. Walker Ferda from GFH. He had a great game last Friday considering it's been nearly two years since padding up and going hard. Started as a sophomore at WR and led the team in receptions and yards first two games (injured in the 2nd QTR of 2nd game pulling away from a leg tackle and separating a growth plate in his hip). He returned and played against Glacier and CMR and was selected honorable mention returner that year despite only playing 3 1/2 games. He then broke his navicular bone during two a days and missed his entire junior season of FB. He returned in December last year to defend his state championship in wrestling (160 lb state champ as a soph). He most likely returned too early and compensating for his right foot break he stress fractured one of his left foot metatarsals. He returned mid January and won his first tourney and took 2nd at the very difficult Rocky Mountain Classic. He finished the year by getting shots in his left foot from the orthopedic surgeon and finishing 3rd at 170 lbs despite wrestling on a broken foot. He placed 4th as a frosh at 152. He's extremely athletic, fast, tough as nails, and smart (30+ACT). It's very likely that had he been healthy the last two full FB seasons he would have led GFH in offensive yards and scoring and he would have already made his college choice. Truth is he might even be more successful at strong safety or OLB because he hits like tank. He's suffering from being "out of site out of mind" but I guarantee he's an impact FB player that can play at this level.

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:34 pm

NDIrish wrote:I know a kid that could play at this level without a doubt. Walker Ferda from GFH. He had a great game last Friday considering it's been nearly two years since padding up and going hard. Started as a sophomore at WR and led the team in receptions and yards first two games (injured in the 2nd QTR of 2nd game pulling away from a leg tackle and separating a growth plate in his hip). He returned and played against Glacier and CMR and was selected honorable mention returner that year despite only playing 3 1/2 games. He then broke his navicular bone during two a days and missed his entire junior season of FB. He returned in December last year to defend his state championship in wrestling (160 lb state champ as a soph). He most likely returned too early and compensating for his right foot break he stress fractured one of his left foot metatarsals. He returned mid January and won his first tourney and took 2nd at the very difficult Rocky Mountain Classic. He finished the year by getting shots in his left foot from the orthopedic surgeon and finishing 3rd at 170 lbs despite wrestling on a broken foot. He placed 4th as a frosh at 152. He's extremely athletic, fast, tough as nails, and smart (30+ACT). It's very likely that had he been healthy the last two full FB seasons he would have led GFH in offensive yards and scoring and he would have already made his college choice. Truth is he might even be more successful at strong safety or OLB because he hits like tank. He's suffering from being "out of site out of mind" but I guarantee he's an impact FB player that can play at this level.
Dad?

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

NDIrish
New Recruit

Post by NDIrish » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:45 pm

Dad no, Relative yes.... It's hard to watch when things happen that are beyond control (injuries). I'm not one to post on sites but had to throw one out for him. I've coached and been around a lot of FB and do know he can play. I'll sit back and watch the season and let the process take place. I hope it goes well for him. He may very well wrestle in college as opportunities are already there. He wants to go undefeated and win another state championship.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:35 pm

NDIrish wrote:Dad no, Relative yes.... It's hard to watch when things happen that are beyond control (injuries). I'm not one to post on sites but had to throw one out for him. I've coached and been around a lot of FB and do know he can play. I'll sit back and watch the season and let the process take place. I hope it goes well for him. He may very well wrestle in college as opportunities are already there. He wants to go undefeated and win another state championship.
Thanks NDIrish! Great Falls High had a big game last week. Him and Sitzman dominated.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:17 am

I'm almost ready to put out a top 8 or 10 WR list.
Last edited by VimSince03 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:19 pm

Top 10 list (Week 3):

AA
1.) Bozeman (3-0)
2.) Billings Senior (3-0)
3.) Kalispell Flathead (2-1)
4.) Great Falls CMR (2-1)
5.) Helena High (2-1)
6.) Great Falls (2-1)
7.) Kalispell Glacier (1-2)
8.) Helena Capital (2-1)
9.) Missoula Sentinal (2-1)
10.) Butte (1-2)

Bozeman has been a wrecking ball so far this year led by Balue Chapman, Trace Bradshaw, Petyon O'Reilly, and company. However, CMR put Karl Tucker back to primarily receiver after its Week 1 loss to Kalispell Flathead and it has paid dividends. They blew out one of the best teams in AA in Helena High (who has one of the best defensive fronts in Montana). If CMR can keep it rolling, they should be able to challenge Bozeman. Billings Senior has pitched back to back shutouts and has burst out to a 3-0 start. Kalispell Flathead has shown some early season fire with some good wins against both Great Falls schools.

A
1.) Dillon (2-0)
2.) Whitefish (2-1)
3.) Billings Central (1-1)
4.) Butte Central (3-0)
5.) Laurel (2-0)
6.) Sidney (3-0)
7.) Hamilton (3-0)
8.) Miles City (3-0)
9.) Columbia Falls (1-1)
10.) Belgrade (0-3)

Dillon by far had the toughest first two games of anyone on the Class A schedule and they passed the test by knocking off Whitefish and Billings Central. Whitefish is still going to be a force to be reckoned with as the season goes on. Billings Central is extremely tough this year once again with Michael Stanton and Jacob Hadley on offense (connected for 4 tds against Dillon). Butte Central has started 3-0 to follow up its title runner-up season last year. Laurel has thumped its first two opponents. Another team who opened with a hard schedule was Belgrade (lost to Butte Central by 6, Billings Central by 16, and Laurel by 20). I still see them as a dangerous team.

B
1.) Manhattan (3-0)
2.) Fairfield (3-0)
3.) Huntley Project (3-0)
4.) Townsend (2-0)
5.) Colstrip (3-0)
6.) Forsyth (3-0)
7.) Baker (2-0)
8.) Shelby (2-0)
9.) Jefferson (2-1)
T10) Malta (1-1)
T10) Big Timber (1-1)

Manhattan has been impressive this year. With Alec Nehring leading the way on offense (along with a good supporting cast), they will be tough to knock off. In the surprise score of the week, Fairfield throttled a very tough Jefferson squad by 40 points. Fairfield never ceases to amaze me as they keep producing quality squads year in and year out. Huntley has done their job and won their first three games, though there have been some barn burners. Townsend had a good win over Choteau last week as Jace Lewis has his team out to a 2-0 start. 3B has been impressive in non-conference thus far with its top three teams boasting undefeated records. Shelby has started to make some noise early on in the season. The final 3 (Jefferson, Malta, and Big Timber) are still three really well coached teams that can play with any of these teams top to bottom. Jefferson had a rough game against Fairfield but they are too talented to have that game affect them all season. Even though the top 4 teams are rock solid, this is a wide open Class B race in my opinion.

C8
1.) Chester-Joplin-Inverness (3-0)
2.) Fairview (3-0)
3.) Ennis (3-0)
4.) Simms (2-0)
5.) Wibaux (3-0)
6.) Arlee (2-0)
7.) Charlo (3-0)
8.) Twin Bridges (2-0)
9.) Belt (2-1)
10.) Harlowton (2-1)

CJI has stomped its first three opponents by an average of 46 points and two of them are quality opponents (Belt and Power-Dutton-Brady). Justin May, CJI's all everything player, is leading the charge. Fairview, Ennis, Simms, and Wibaux have done as expected by all starting undefeated. Arlee and Charlo have been strong out of the West thus far. Belt is still a really good team.

C6
1.) Denton-Geyser-Stanford (3-0)
2.) Hot Springs (3-0)
3.) Jordan (3-0)
4.) Savage (3-0)
5.) Box Elder (3-0)
6.) Terry (2-0)
7.) Bridger (3-0)
8.) Westby-Grenora (2-1)
9.) Hobson-Moore-Judith Gap (1-0)
10.) Custer-Hysham (2-1)

The high flying Class C 6-man has been dominated by DGS to start off the season. They also just got Conner Bokma back (who is one of my top 20 players in Montana) to make them even stronger. Hot Springs has started out with three blowouts. The team that I am rooting for is Box Elder who has gotten out to an impressive 3-0 start in fine fashion.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:03 am

Top 10 list (Week 4):

AA
1.) Billings Senior (4-0)
2.) Bozeman (3-1)
3.) Kalispell Flathead (3-1)
4.) Great Falls CMR (3-1)
5.) Helena High (3-1)
6.) Helena Capital (3-1)
7.) Kalispell Glacier (2-2)
8.) Great Falls (2-2)
9.) Missoula Sentinal (2-2)
10.) Butte (1-3)

Helena Capital pulled off a major upset on Friday night by taking down Bozeman. It didn't take Helena Capital long to get over last year's season and they are out to a 3-1 start. Billings Senior is now the only remaining undefeated team in Class AA but they are now entering the tougher part of their schedule. They play Capital next week. Both Kalispell teams won in convincing fashion. CMR continues to improve with a 50-28 romp over Billings Skyview. Helena High squeaked out a win over Sentinel. Games to watch next week: Bozeman (3-1) at Kalispell Flathead (3-1); Billings Senior (4-0) at Helena Capital (3-1); Great Falls (2-2) at Helena (3-1).

A
1.) Dillon (3-0)
2.) Whitefish (3-1)
3.) Billings Central (2-1)
4.) Laurel (3-0)
5.) Miles City (4-0)
6.) Hamilton (4-0)
7.) Butte Central (3-1)
8.) Columbia Falls (2-1)
9.) Havre (2-2)
10.) Sidney (3-1)

The only shake-ups in the polls came from Butte Central and Sidney. Both lost so I had to move them down the list a little bit. Butte Central lost a close one to a tough Laurel team. Miles City stomped Belgrade following the passing of their former coach. Hamilton remained undefeated with a big win over Corvallis. The biggest upset was probably Havre over Sidney. Sidney started the season strong out of the gate but lost a close one over the weekend to the Blue Ponies (26-21). Four undefeated teams remain in Class A: Dillon, Laurel, Miles City, and Hamilton. That number will be reduced this weekend when Hamilton (4-0) travels to Dillon (4-0). The only other game that could be interesting is Sidney (3-1) vs. Miles City (4-0).

B
1.) Manhattan (4-0)
2.) Fairfield (4-0)
3.) Colstrip (4-0)
4.) Baker (3-0)
5.) Huntley Project (3-1)
6.) Townsend (2-1)
7.) Jefferson (2-1)
8.) Forsyth (3-1)
9.) Shelby (2-1)
10) Malta (2-1)

Manhattan remained undefeated by shutting out a hot Shelby squad, 40-0. Fairfield stayed strong by handing Townsend its first loss, 43-14. Colstrip improved to 4-0 with a blowout over Red Lodge. In the game of the week in Class B, Baker defeated Huntley Project 22-20 in a nail-biter. Jefferson got back on the winning track with a big win over Choteau. Forsyth had a bad loss against Shepard which dropped them in the polls a bit. Malta had a close win over a struggling Roundup squad but a win is a win. Like Class A, four teams remain undefeated: Manhattan, Fairfield, Colstrip, and Baker. If your in the area, check out these matchups this weekend: Huntley (3-1) at Forsyth (3-1); Shepard (2-2) at Colstrip (4-0); Big Timber (2-1) at Townsend (2-1).

C8
1.) Chester-Joplin-Inverness (3-0)
2.) Fairview (4-0)
3.) Ennis (4-0)
4.) Wibaux (4-0)
5.) Twin Bridges (3-0)
6.) Arlee (3-0)
7.) Simms (2-1)
8.) Belt (3-1)
9.) Harlowton (3-1)
10.) Charlo (3-1)

Not much change in the rankings. CJI had a bye week. Fairview crushed Plentywood. Ennis romped Gardiner. Wibaux accepted a forfeit victory over Hays-Lodgepole. Twin Bridges took care of Park City. Arlee had a big win over rival Charlo. The biggest upset came from the Chinook vs. Simms matchup. Simms fell 34-12 and dropped 5 spots in the poll. Belt and Harlowton also got big wins. The top 10 is coming together in Class C8. There are 6 unbeatens remaining: CJI, Fairview, Ennis, Wibaux, Twin Bridges, and Arlee. Games to watch next week include: Wibaux (4-0) at Fairview (4-0); Power-Dutton-Brady (2-2) at Simms (2-1).

C6
1.) Denton-Geyser-Stanford (4-0)
2.) Hot Springs (3-0)
3.) Savage (4-0)
4.) Box Elder (4-0)
5.) Terry (3-0)
6.) Jordan (3-1)
7.) Bridger (3-0)
8.) Westby-Grenora (3-1)
9.) Hobson-Moore-Judith Gap (1-0)
10.) Custer-Hysham (3-1)

DGS crushed rival Geraldine-Highwood 67-0. Savage took down Jordan 63-28 in a battle of the unbeatens. Box Elder and Terry won big. Westby-Grenora bounced back after last week's loss with a big win over Richey-Lambert (62-16). A view scores were not reported (Hot Springs vs West Yellowstone and Bridger vs. HMJG) that could have affected the polls a little but the best teams remain. Assuming Bridger and Hot Springs won, six teams remain undefeated in Class C6: DGS, Hot Springs, Savage, Box Elder, Terry, and Bridger. Looking at the schedule and knowing who is playing who, the only game that might be interesting is Big Sandy (2-2) at Box Elder (4-0). The rest should be blowouts.

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:37 am

What are your thoughts on Belgrade now? I was at that game, and being a fan of Coach K, I'm curious your thoughts on how you think they'll do this year. I know you dropped them out of the top 10. I'm hoping the turn it around.