QB subs,

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Re: QB subs,

Post by cats2506 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:11 pm

After the 3rd int Bleskin was favoring his shoulder and there was an obvious problem, I am sure that a discussion was had at that time and they decided to stick Jake back in the next series, they had to have revisited the issue again at half and made the same decision.

My thought is that whoever had the final say in those decision was definitely not watching the same game that I was or they had ulterior motives, and if by chance those discussions were not had then we are in worse shape than I ever imagined.

Jake obviously had a bad game, a part of it may be the injury but I am not upset with that or him, what pisses me off is that our coaches kept him in when it was obviously a mistake, there really was no excuse for not trying the next man up when it was obvious to everyone else watching the game.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

grunyon37
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by grunyon37 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:13 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
grunyon37 wrote:Quinn won't be at MSU next year, according to his friends...and his dad isn't too happy either. His dad will have a lot to do with how Quinn sees the future.
Sounds kind of fishy to me. Why would anyone be unhappy about being beat out by a guy like Prukop. It's hard to believe that McQueary would being doing better than Prukop has done. I can see wanting out because it looks like Prukop will start until McQueary's senior year, but that's nothing to be unhappy about. A lot of football people I know, some who know McQueary, think McQueary's best position for making the NFL is safety.
You can think it sounds fishy all you want. I know Quinn and his dad quite well, and Quinn is not happy at MSU. Maybe he'll get his shot this weekend and change his mind....

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:27 pm

grunyon37 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
grunyon37 wrote:Quinn won't be at MSU next year, according to his friends...and his dad isn't too happy either. His dad will have a lot to do with how Quinn sees the future.
Sounds kind of fishy to me. Why would anyone be unhappy about being beat out by a guy like Prukop. It's hard to believe that McQueary would being doing better than Prukop has done. I can see wanting out because it looks like Prukop will start until McQueary's senior year, but that's nothing to be unhappy about. A lot of football people I know, some who know McQueary, think McQueary's best position for making the NFL is safety.
You can think it sounds fishy all you want. I know Quinn and his dad quite well, and Quinn is not happy at MSU. Maybe he'll get his shot this weekend and change his mind....
i bet they both love you filling us all in...

grunyon37
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by grunyon37 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:29 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
grunyon37 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
i bet they both love you filling us all in...
Maybe

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:51 pm

grunyon37 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
If that's the case I hope he finds a university that he likes. There is really no reason for him to be mad, he should be 3rd string and earn his way up, like Dakota did. Nothing wrong with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

msuhunter
Member # Retired

Post by msuhunter » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:03 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
grunyon37 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
If that's the case I hope he finds a university that he likes. There is really no reason for him to be mad, he should be 3rd string and earn his way up, like Dakota did. Nothing wrong with it.

Well I think after this weekend it's quite obvious he shouldn't be 3rd string ...

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:19 pm

msuhunter wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
grunyon37 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Well I think after this weekend it's quite obvious he shouldn't be 3rd string ...
I don't disagree, I like his mobility in this offense.

I'm saying if someone is upset or "butthurt" (not saying this is the case as I don't know him or his family) they need to either get over it, or go find a place that makes them happy. College is too short to hate where you are at.

I sincerely hope this is a nasty rumor as the kid has skills and I don't know if Dakota can stay healthy for a full season with how much he runs

msuhunter
Member # Retired

Post by msuhunter » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:32 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
msuhunter wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
grunyon37 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

I don't disagree, I like his mobility in this offense.

I'm saying if someone is upset or "butthurt" (not saying this is the case as I don't know him or his family) they need to either get over it, or go find a place that makes them happy. College is too short to hate where you are at.

I sincerely hope this is a nasty rumor as the kid has skills and I don't know if Dakota can stay healthy for a full season with how much he runs

That's a very valid concern with a spread type offense and QB with wheels. Playing 12 games a year, it's tough not to get banged up. That further underscores the importance of having a backup who can efficiently run the offense without have to "tone it down." Certainly easier said than done however.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:51 pm

grunyon37 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
You sound like an awesome friend, I wasn't challenging that aspect of your post. So he isn't happy, because he hasn't gotten a shot? You haven't been really clear about what he's unhappy about. I know Bleskin was unhappy, too, when he didn't win the starter job, so we now have two QBs that think they're better than Prukop and it's quite clear that one isn't, so that makes it difficult to start thinking the other is. What I find fishy is that he's unhappy, or unhappier than the typical guy who isn't starting, about not playing, if that's the case and again you haven't been real clear on that. He's a red-shirt frosh and Prukop is good enough to have gotten on the Payton Watch list, not to mention Bleskin made Prukop look pretty good this past weekend so I'd think he understands why MSU has stuck with Prukop. Quinn did a good job when he was in against UM, but I'm not sure one possession is proof that he should start ahead of Prukop. I hope he's better than Prukop and that he gets the start this weekend, if so. I'm just stumped as to why he's unhappy, or more unhappy than anyone that isn't starting. It sucks to not get to play, but that happens and it's why rosters are made up of about 75% true/redshirt frosh and sophs. Once they hit their junior year and aren't starting a lot of them either transfer or get out of football.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:19 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
grunyon37 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
You sound like an awesome friend, I wasn't challenging that aspect of your post. So he isn't happy, because he hasn't gotten a shot? You haven't been really clear about what he's unhappy about. I know Bleskin was unhappy, too, when he didn't win the starter job, so we now have two QBs that think they're better than Prukop and it's quite clear that one isn't, so that makes it difficult to start thinking the other is. What I find fishy is that he's unhappy, or unhappier than the typical guy who isn't starting, about not playing, if that's the case and again you haven't been real clear on that. He's a red-shirt frosh and Prukop is good enough to have gotten on the Payton Watch list, not to mention Bleskin made Prukop look pretty good this past weekend so I'd think he understands why MSU has stuck with Prukop. Quinn did a good job when he was in against UM, but I'm not sure one possession is proof that he should start ahead of Prukop. I hope he's better than Prukop and that he gets the start this weekend, if so. I'm just stumped as to why he's unhappy, or more unhappy than anyone that isn't starting. It sucks to not get to play, but that happens and it's why rosters are made up of about 75% true/redshirt frosh and sophs. Once they hit their junior year and aren't starting a lot of them either transfer or get out of football.
Thanks for saying it a lot more eloquently than I could.