griz sighting - need advice

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

chester Spartanpot
BobcatNation Team Captain

griz sighting - need advice

Post by chester Spartanpot » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:56 am

So Chester was walking thru the tunnel at spartan stadium on 11.3.12 to get to his seats for the nebraska game when among all the green and white attire, he appeared to have spotting a hat in the color of moron, errrr.... maroon in front of him. Upon a clearer gaze, he was able to make out the back of a jacket with the letters m.o.n.t.a.n.a. Sure enough, it was a griz. Chester had a immediate WTF moment and began to shake in anger, words of an unkind nature were about to be hurled at what was clearly a mental defective, but Chesters calm inner-self took over and nothing was said.

The advice needed is what should Chester say, do, and / or throw out said assclown if he makes a 2nd appearance at the northwestern game this saturday? TIA.

Oh and picture of said douche:

Ye... intruders... beware!!

Bobcat Sig
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: griz sighting - need advice

Post by Bobcat Sig » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:59 am

Nothing you can say to that poor sap. Perhaps a consolatory pat on the back and to kindly ask him to stop breathing through his mouth.

How can you tell the griz fan at a wedding?

He's the one wearing the griz t-shirt.

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:08 pm

Bobcat Sig wrote:Nothing you can say to that poor sap. Perhaps a consolatory pat on the back and to kindly ask him to stop breathing through his mouth.

How can you tell the griz fan at a wedding?

He's the one wearing the griz t-shirt.

The one he bought at Walmart.

rtb

Post by rtb » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:10 pm

Generally when I see one I casually say "Looks like someone threw up on your hat"

Then they jump into explaining why they are such a big fan and the reason generally has nothing to do with them actually getting a degree from UM. They might also try to tell you that they cheer for the team with more Montana kids at which point you laugh.

If they do try to enter an actual discussion about football the conversation will last no longer than 20 or 30 seconds before they run through their entire knowledge of football.

I usually just end the conversation with an apologetic smile and say "Good Luck with the pending NCAA sanctions."

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:14 pm

I think everybody is missing the true point. This person clearly fell off of the bandwagon he was riding. He desperatley wants to root for MSU, but is still finding the transitions difficult. He needs to be comforted and told that this is the natural way. Help them by offering to burn the offensive gear they are wearing.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

rtb

Post by rtb » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:20 pm

Because it's Cat/Griz week this thread is likely to get out of hand so I moved it for everyone's pleasure. But while we are on the topic let me tell you about my last griz encounter in a far off place.

Since I live in Oregon I don't run into Cat or Griz fans as often as you would in Montana so it's kind of fun to talk to someone with a connection to the greatest state in the union. A few weeks ago we went out to dinner wearing our MSU gear as the Cats had just beat Southern Utah in an exciting game and we always wear Bobcat gear on Fridays and Saturdays. Our waiter saw our MSU stuff and said "Uh-oh, I'm a Grizzly, not sure I can serve you" I just laughed and said "We won't hold it against you."

He then starts to brag a little bit about how big of a fan he is, how his sister has season tickets even though she lives 30 miles away from Missoula, etc. At that point I said, you realize their game is on TV in your bar right now and they are losing? He of course had no idea who they were playing or that the game was on. Then I asked him what brought him to Oregon after UM to which he explained he didn't go to UM and hasn't been in Missoula since high school. I didn't even have to continue at that point as this is what you'll run into with 75% of UM fans. Since I could I just pointed out to him that my wife and I have 3 degrees from MSU(yes I am married to a doctor!) and are still season ticket holders even though I live 800 miles away from Bozeman, and I had just watched the Bobcats win another conference game for the day. At that point he kind of dropped the UM/MSU discussion.

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

ImagineSanta
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ImagineSanta » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:24 pm

Chester, you are by far my favorite poster on here. Thank you and please never leave. [-o<

I think you don't get it. Sleeping in until 6 won't get many people very far in life, especially if they want to play on Sunday.
-Cat Grad

Cat8191
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cat8191 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:35 pm

RTB,
He was probably just humoring you. He probably has at least a um masters if he is a waiter in a sit down restaurant.

chester Spartanpot
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by chester Spartanpot » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:57 pm

allcat wrote: Help them by offering to burn the offensive gear they are wearing.
This would be a logical reaction if you added the caveat that said douche still be donning the gear while lit. (this is the type of out of handedness rtb forewarned about \:D/ )

Don't worry ImagineSanta... Chester is the herpes of this place, he's never going away :D

Ye... intruders... beware!!

rtb

Post by rtb » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:16 pm

Cat8191 wrote:He probably has at least a um masters if he is a waiter in a sit down restaurant.
Do you think he really spent 3 consecutive semesters in college to earn that serious of a degree?

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:48 pm

You all have missed what is one of the most likely scenarios. Given the combination of the poor economy and the poorer state of Griz football the man has obviously fallen on hard times and has to buy his clothing at salvation army which is currently experiencing a huge influx of cast off Griz clothing. This influx is caused by band wagon and long term fans leaving the Griz fold. Much of the clothing comes from families of G fans who have taken the leap off a cliff or into the river. As we all know they have a river close to where they use to play football.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

SaxCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by SaxCat » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:43 pm

He is in the fourth step of a twelve step recovery program for Griz fans

1. Stop going to Griz Games
2. Stop watching Griz Games
3. Stop buying Griz gear
4. Attend a game at any MSU that does not wear Blue and Gold
5. Admit that Monte's schtick has gotten old
6. Watch a Bobcat game in its entirety
7. Stop wearing griz gear
8. Go to a Cats game
9. Make amends with those who you have hurt by being a Griz fan
10. Go back to school at MSU
11. Graduate with a real degree and a job
12. Buy season tickets for the Cats

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:47 am

This picture is out of focus, Was that Alpha?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic