Game 7 in NBA finals

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Game 7 in NBA finals

Post by technoCat » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:05 pm

Wow could the NBA and ESPN pull their noses out of LeBron James crack for a night. After watching that game I don't see how the warriors hope to win against the Cavs, the refs, the league and the announcers. They all want LeBron to win so bad they will let obviously biased reffing to be put on national TV to a degree I never thought possible. I had hope when an actual team and not a superstar dream team won last year but they are back to their old ways again...

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

SonomaCat

Re: Game 7 in NBA finals

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:40 pm

I'm a strong bandwagon Warriors fan (watched almost every game this season), and I have historically hoped for horrible things for Lebron, but I think we all have to admit that the Cavs deserved to win this series. Draymond screwed the team by doing stupid things the whole series. Barnes shot almost as bad as I did the last time I picked up a basketball for most of the series, Steph and Klay shot horribly (by their standards) almost every game, and the Warriors were plagued with turnovers that resulted from the nonchalant style of play they got away with in the regular season that bites them in the playoffs. All in all, had the Warriors won Game 7, it would have been cool, but I would have considered it somewhat lucky for them to pull it out. Cleveland was by far the better team after the first two games of the series (when Cleveland was totally out of sorts).

I'm sure the league loves the way it turned out, but you have to credit Lebron and Irving in particular for being pretty awesome down the stretch of the series. They earned it.

Mark Jackson should never be allowed to call a Warriors game ... I'm with you on that front.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:02 am

8 on 5 will never be a fair way to play basketball.

Dont watch much NBA but the Draymond Green suspension told me all I needed to read about that series......the NBA got what they programmed.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:54 pm

SonomaCat wrote:I'm a strong bandwagon Warriors fan (watched almost every game this season), and I have historically hoped for horrible things for Lebron, but I think we all have to admit that the Cavs deserved to win this series. Draymond screwed the team by doing stupid things the whole series. Barnes shot almost as bad as I did the last time I picked up a basketball for most of the series, Steph and Klay shot horribly (by their standards) almost every game, and the Warriors were plagued with turnovers that resulted from the nonchalant style of play they got away with in the regular season that bites them in the playoffs. All in all, had the Warriors won Game 7, it would have been cool, but I would have considered it somewhat lucky for them to pull it out. Cleveland was by far the better team after the first two games of the series (when Cleveland was totally out of sorts).

I'm sure the league loves the way it turned out, but you have to credit Lebron and Irving in particular for being pretty awesome down the stretch of the series. They earned it.

Mark Jackson should never be allowed to call a Warriors game ... I'm with you on that front.
Yes the Warriors didn't play well towards the end of the series but is in not just a little suspicious that all of the ticky tack fouls were called against the Warriors, usually when they were making a run. Curry never could get in a rhythm because he was constantly in foul trouble for BS fouls. For being the biggest star in the league right now(based on jersey sales), he was not getting anywhere near the treatment Lebron was. Even the ESPN announcers admitted at one point that one of the fouls he got was not one a star of his caliber should get. I thought game 7 was called fairly well but the two games before that were as hard core one sided in a finals series as I have ever seen. The NBA wanted a game 7(if not outright for Lebron to win).

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN