report as eligible

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

allcat
Golden Bobcat

report as eligible

Post by allcat » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:50 pm

I love that stuff by the Patriots. Wanna bet we see a lot of this stuff in college ball next year?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Re: report as eligible

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:01 pm

allcat wrote:I love that stuff by the Patriots. Wanna bet we see a lot of this stuff in college ball next year?
Remember that play against SHSU in 2011 where we scored a TD on a tackle eligible play that got called back for ineligible receiver.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:10 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
allcat wrote:I love that stuff by the Patriots. Wanna bet we see a lot of this stuff in college ball next year?
Remember that play against SHSU in 2011 where we scored a TD on a tackle eligible play that got called back for ineligible receiver.
I don't know the circumstances of that one. The reporting eligible to the refs would be critical.

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:23 am

allcat wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
I don't know the circumstances of that one. The reporting eligible to the refs would be critical.
I remember it vividly. WR lined up incorrectly on the line of scrimmage on that side, covering up our eligible tackle. It was a great play other than lining up incorrectly.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:09 pm

I imagine anything that any NFL coach has ever done has already been done by college coaches. The college game is far more innovative than the NFL, where it seems that almost every coach is terrified to depart from the status quo. Even the "adventurous" NFL coaches would look run-of-the-mill in terms of innovation and risk-taking at the college level.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:49 pm

When and why did they institute this rule?
What is wrong with a DB/LB, etc being on the lookout for which person is lined up in the eligible spot.....? I am guessing that there "had been cheating" and that is why they put in the rule.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:50 am

I like what they do with on field stuff, but the other cheating that they do amazes me. The Patriots act like the rules are just kind of ideas. 11 of the 12 footballs they used were down by 2 pounds of pressure. I'm sure Belicheck will claim no knowledge, but the league needs to hit them hard, they get caught cheating and never learn their ways. If it was me I would force Kraft to sell the team, and penaslize the team with no 1st or 2nd round draft picks for the next 3 years. If they get caught cheating again, they should have to play all home games in the Oakland coliseum.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:55 pm

And how do eleven of twelve footballs drop a minimum 2# of air after leaving the officials side.....?

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.