John Fox

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TIrwin24
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

John Fox

Post by TIrwin24 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:11 am

Just was canned from Denver. I'm actually rather surprised by this because Denver has been so good over the last few years.

IMO, this trend of rifling through coaches at every level of football has gotten ridiculous.

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/ ... r-john-fox

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Re: John Fox

Post by WeedKillinCat » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:31 pm

I find it ironic that Elway gets rid of Fox but the Broncos gave Elway plenty of time with the team to finally win a SB after getting blown out several times before.

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

SaxCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by SaxCat » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:40 pm

WeedKillinCat wrote:I find it ironic that Elway gets rid of Fox but the Broncos gave Elway plenty of time with the team to finally win a SB after getting blown out several times before.
Sounds more like Elway knows first hand the value of axing an overly conservative coach that looks the worst in the big game.... John Fox=Dan Reves 2.0

TIrwin24
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by TIrwin24 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:56 pm

SaxCat wrote:
WeedKillinCat wrote:I find it ironic that Elway gets rid of Fox but the Broncos gave Elway plenty of time with the team to finally win a SB after getting blown out several times before.
Sounds more like Elway knows first hand the value of axing an overly conservative coach that looks the worst in the big game.... John Fox=Dan Reves 2.0
I just heard a stat today that John Fox was the winningest coach in Broncos history with a win percentage of over 72%.

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow