Belichek

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Belichek

Post by allcat » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:02 pm

I can't tell you why, but I've never liked New England. But I also have to admit that this guy is one of the few that does not just copycat. Yesterday when he played with the rules on formations and trickery was very smart. He does things that gets the other defense on their heals. When he does things like that even very good defenses look a step behind.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Re: Belichek

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:19 pm

allcat wrote:I can't tell you why, but I've never liked New England. But I also have to admit that this guy is one of the few that does not just copycat. Yesterday when he played with the rules on formations and trickery was very smart. He does things that gets the other defense on their heals. When he does things like that even very good defenses look a step behind.

Agree. Deception? Fake punts, criss cross, passing on 2d and one, spread formations, options, counter plays, traps, screens, men in motion, wow! Embarrassed now MSU had a Harbaugh as a coach when you were young...

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:37 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
allcat wrote:I can't tell you why, but I've never liked New England. But I also have to admit that this guy is one of the few that does not just copycat. Yesterday when he played with the rules on formations and trickery was very smart. He does things that gets the other defense on their heals. When he does things like that even very good defenses look a step behind.

Agree. Deception? Fake punts, criss cross, passing on 2d and one, spread formations, options, counter plays, traps, screens, men in motion, wow! Embarrassed now MSU had a Harbaugh as a coach when you were young...
I'm not sure what that has to do with Belichik. But I also have to admit I don't know who you are referencing.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:47 pm

allcat wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:

I'm not sure what that has to do with Belichik. But I also have to admit I don't know who you are referencing.
Gosh. Harbaugh whined and called the plays deception. All the plays I referenced are designed to deceive the defense. MSU had a coach named Harbaugh before leather helmets. I futilely assumed you would gather my inference you were a kid when he coached...

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:55 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
allcat wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:

Gosh. Harbaugh whined and called the plays deception. All the plays I referenced are designed to deceive the defense. MSU had a coach named Harbaugh before leather helmets. I futilely assumed you would gather my inference you were a kid when he coached...
I'm a geezer, but the dinosaurs kept me in my cave.