Were Big Sky Refs in Texas

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Were Big Sky Refs in Texas

Post by allcat » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:49 pm

With all of the complaining about Big Sky refs, the one pass interference call that they ended up killing in that game was quite bizarre.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: Were Big Sky Refs in Texas

Post by RickRund » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:49 am

I was going to post the same thing. I think it is humorous that the comments on sports boards, mostly from from cowboy fans, are to just get over it because the Lions should never have lost the game in the first place. True. But if this had happened to the cowboys they would be screaming their little heads off. I see that the "fiasco" caused a possible minimum 10 point turn around. And if I am not mistaken during the time they called and stepped off the penalty, Dez Bryant was on the field arguing with his helmet off. Should that have been a 15 yard personal foul, added to the previous flag?
Does a flag cause a loss? Probably very rarely ever happens. But this bungle really did not help the cause.

Earlier in the game there had been a non-call on the Lions not being called for roughing (probably running into) the kicker. Don't really remember if it was 4th and over 5 yards that dallas needed. So am not sure if it would have given the cowboys a first down. I did not think a flag should have been called but then I am not a Big Sky official so what do I know?????

Later in the game there had been a non call for dallas on a holding call(actually tackling). Witten was not flagged for holding (tackling) Suh. Of course, Suh should have never been on the field as his one game suspension was overturned.....

This game was probably not a shining star for NFL officials.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:27 am

I saw that Dez Bryant ran onto the field as well. I thought that was an automatic 15 yard unsportsmanlike call. If he can get away with it, what will keep any player from running onto the field from the sideline to yell at an official? Not calling that was worse than the original (non)flag IMO.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:57 am

I think the Big sky guys just miss stuff. The refs in the NBA have admitted skewing games (at least one). The NFL wants Dallas to stick around, I smell a skunk (pretty sure it's not my hygienics ). If it quacks like a duck!

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic