Indian Congress funding ad

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SonomaCat

Indian Congress funding ad

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:56 am

They must have some pretty good money behind them to afford to produce this ad and run it during the NBA finals.

http://www.vox.com/2014/6/10/5796764/to ... nyder-from

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Re: Indian Congress funding ad

Post by The Butcher » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:20 am

Wow. Pretty powerful message.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:22 pm

People still watch the NBA?

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:18 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:People still watch the NBA?
My thoughts as well. BORRRRRRRRRRRRRRING :sleep:

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:53 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Actually, I think the popularity of the NBA is trending upward. It's a lot better product than it was a few years ago IMHO. It's a lot more free flowing and higher scoring now, since they've started clamping down on the overly physical play on defense. I'm a Lakers fan, and so it's hard for me to say anything good about the Spurs, but it truly is a joy to watch them play, and they are a very deserving champion. They are very fundamentally sound, they share the ball, no big egos, very balanced scoring, and they play very unselfishly.

Unless the Lakers are playing though, I generally prefer the NHL playoffs over the NBA. Playoff hockey is awesome!!

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:31 pm

John K wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
Actually, I think the popularity of the NBA is trending upward. It's a lot better product than it was a few years ago IMHO. It's a lot more free flowing and higher scoring now, since they've started clamping down on the overly physical play on defense. I'm a Lakers fan, and so it's hard for me to say anything good about the Spurs, but it truly is a joy to watch them play, and they are a very deserving champion. They are very fundamentally sound, they share the ball, no big egos, very balanced scoring, and they play very unselfishly.

Unless the Lakers are playing though, I generally prefer the NHL playoffs over the NBA. Playoff hockey is awesome!!
I agree that playoff hockey is awesome, but I'd argue that hockey itself is awesome. I'd almost rather watch the NHL than the NFL anymore... Just too many ridiculously overpaid prima-donna's in the NFL anymore. And the NBA isn't trending upward in my world, or many others' worlds, for that matter. The World Cup is 10x more exciting than that drivel.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:09 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
John K wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:

I agree that playoff hockey is awesome, but I'd argue that hockey itself is awesome. I'd almost rather watch the NHL than the NFL anymore... Just too many ridiculously overpaid prima-donna's in the NFL anymore. And the NBA isn't trending upward in my world, or many others' worlds, for that matter. The World Cup is 10x more exciting than that drivel.
World coup of what? coffee?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:18 pm

allcat wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
John K wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:

World coup of what? coffee?
A soccer fan referring to another sport...any other sport....as boring, is the ultimate in "pot...meet kettle". I truly don't understand the big attraction...World Cup or otherwise. I can't even fathom how much beer I'd have to drink, to actually enjoy watching soccer. Probably enough to make myself forget that I'd watched a soccer match.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:00 am

My opinion is that as long as the team from your hometown or a team that you have some positive association with is bad-mouthed by anyone, you instantly become somewhat interested in the sport that team is playing and very interested in the team. Regardless of the sport.

At this point in my life I'm not all that interested in any sport unless MSU is playing it. I did follow the World Cup in large part due to people saying the US was in the Group of Death?, or whatever they called it. I also think soccer fans are the nuttiest in the world. I usually check in on games via a sports ticker while doing something else.

Most sports are boring to watch. I think football is one of the worst. There are 60 minutes of playing time that takes nearly 3 hours to complete, but only about 11 minutes of action, according to the WSJ. So you spend 3 hours to see 11 minutes of football.

Oh, that is a cool ad BAC. :)

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:47 pm

TomCat88 wrote:My opinion is that as long as the team from your hometown or a team that you have some positive association with is bad-mouthed by anyone, you instantly become somewhat interested in the sport that team is playing and very interested in the team. Regardless of the sport.

At this point in my life I'm not all that interested in any sport unless MSU is playing it. I did follow the World Cup in large part due to people saying the US was in the Group of Death?, or whatever they called it. I also think soccer fans are the nuttiest in the world. I usually check in on games via a sports ticker while doing something else.

Most sports are boring to watch. I think football is one of the worst. There are 60 minutes of playing time that takes nearly 3 hours to complete, but only about 11 minutes of action, according to the WSJ. So you spend 3 hours to see 11 minutes of football.

Oh, that is a cool ad BAC. :)
When I was coaching I'd jokingly ask my guys how they could be tired when the average play lasted less than 5 seconds. However, when you're 300 lbs. just getting up every 5 seconds wipes you out.

Note to Redskins...change your name to "Americans" and keep the logo.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:44 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:Note to Redskins...change your name to "Americans" and keep the logo.
That would be brilliant!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:17 am

Bay Area Cat wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:Note to Redskins...change your name to "Americans" and keep the logo.
That would be brilliant!
Yes, you should submit your idea to Dan Snyder! I don't see where anyone has thought of that yet. Just think, you could be standing next to him on the podium when Snyder makes the announcement. He would introduce you as the brain behind the solution and you'd become an instant celebrity. You'd collect royalties off every sale of Washington Americans gear. :)

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Mr Lisle

Post by Mr Lisle » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:49 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Bay Area Cat wrote:
That would be brilliant!
Yes, you should submit your idea to Dan Snyder! I don't see where anyone has thought of that yet. Just think, you could be standing next to him on the podium when Snyder makes the announcement. He would introduce you as the brain behind the solution and you'd become an instant celebrity. You'd collect royalties off every sale of Washington Americans gear. :)

I like royalties.

Mr Lisle

Post by Mr Lisle » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:53 am

Looking through the news of the past several days I'll be darned if I didn't see a headliner in the June 25 Fortune 500 News Letter claiming they had the perfect name replacement for the Redskins. I dug into the article and found they recommended a name that is "perfect on many levels"...the Washington All-Americans. I did this :shock: and this #-o . I did do what TomCat suggested and dropped a note to Snyder, but I'm pretty sure he's doing this [-(.