Ryan Braun's Return

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

John K
Golden Bobcat

Ryan Braun's Return

Post by John K » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:58 am

Apparently Ryan Braun received a long standing ovation by the home crowd in Milwaukee yesterday. Am I the only one who's shocked by this? After the way he so blatantly lied about his PED use, throwing the poor testing guy and local legend Aaron Rodgers under the bus in the process, I thought it would take him a long time to win back the support of the hometown fans. Is this a sign that most baseball fans are far less concerned about PED's, than are Bud Selig, the team owners, and the media?

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: Ryan Braun's Return

Post by RickRund » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:52 am

YES

He denied, denied and denied and THEN when he got caught they said he was remorseful.....

BULL ROAR

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:11 pm

RickRund wrote:YES

He denied, denied and denied and THEN when he got caught they said he was remorseful.....

BULL ROAR
Of course he had remorse that he had been caught.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:08 pm

allcat wrote:
RickRund wrote:YES

BULL ROAR
Of course he had remorse that he had been caught.
Just like Micheal Vick was when he got caught for the whole dogfighting thing...

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:03 am

John K wrote:Apparently Ryan Braun received a long standing ovation by the home crowd in Milwaukee yesterday. Am I the only one who's shocked by this? After the way he so blatantly lied about his PED use, throwing the poor testing guy and local legend Aaron Rodgers under the bus in the process, I thought it would take him a long time to win back the support of the hometown fans. Is this a sign that most baseball fans are far less concerned about PED's, than are Bud Selig, the team owners, and the media?
I think the fans, in general, are concerned about PEDs. They're just not as concerned about it when it's "their" guy who got caught. Not as big a deal then.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:28 am

I can totally understand the fans being forgiving about the actual PED use itself, but I'm surprised that they're so willing to ignore his blatant iies about it, and his willingness to throw innocent bystanders under the bus in the process, i.e. Aaron Rodgers and the guy who handled his sample. That's why I have no use for people like A-Rod and Lance Armstrong, who professed their innocence to the ends of the earth, no matter how obvious it was that they were lying, or how many people they hung out to dry. And Ryan Braun pretty much falls into the same category in my opinion.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:04 pm

John K wrote:I can totally understand the fans being forgiving about the actual PED use itself, but I'm surprised that they're so willing to ignore his blatant iies about it, and his willingness to throw innocent bystanders under the bus in the process, i.e. Aaron Rodgers and the guy who handled his sample. That's why I have no use for people like A-Rod and Lance Armstrong, who professed their innocence to the ends of the earth, no matter how obvious it was that they were lying, or how many people they hung out to dry. And Ryan Braun pretty much falls into the same category in my opinion.
Bingo. :goodpost:

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:19 pm

He played for Helena at the start of his carreer. So he is one of our slimeballs, thank you very much. :-k

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic