Ichiro traded to the...

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Ichiro traded to the...

Post by coachouert » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:57 pm

God damn Yankees. I'm not even a Seattle fan, but I can't stand the Yankees. Ugh.

Rumor has it the Braves are about to make some moves for quality starting pitchers (Greinke and Dempster are the two names being floated a lot) which will hopefully help them with a push towards the playoffs.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Re: Ichiro traded to the...

Post by bozbobcat » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:31 pm

I've been watching the Mariners for a long time, and I really don't like to see all of their decent players traded away. Part of me hoped that Ichiro would get to 3,000 hits with the M's. Based on his comments, I think he didn't want to be the veteran leader for a rebuilding team. If that's the case, it might be good that he'll be in pinstripes for the rest of this season. As long as the M's don't trade Felix Hernandez, things could start looking up at Safeco Field.

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.

gocats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by gocats » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:34 pm

I'm really glad Ichiro is going to get a chance to win a title, but why oh why did he.have to go to the Spankees. I hate them.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Alcohol doesn't make you fat, it makes you lean.... on chairs, tables and random ugly people....

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:49 pm

coachouert wrote:God damn Yankees. I'm not even a Seattle fan, but I can't stand the Yankees. Ugh.

Rumor has it the Braves are about to make some moves for quality starting pitchers (Greinke and Dempster are the two names being floated a lot) which will hopefully help them with a push towards the playoffs.

Thats me Tomahawk Chopping!!

BandCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BandCat » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:54 am

coachouert wrote:God damn Yankees. I'm not even a Seattle fan, but I can't stand the Yankees. Ugh.

For about 2 hours today, Twitter had decided the deal to send Dempster to Atlanta was done, and then Dempster himself said something like "Wait, what? Nobody told me that"... And everybody back tracked. :lol: As a Cubs fan, I think Atlanta has some pretty good pitching prospects that Theo, Jed, and Company should be interested in, so I hope they can get it worked out and the problem wasn't Demp vetoeing the trade with his 10/5 rights. He's always been a stand up guy, though (even said earlier that he would pretty much accept a trade to any contender if it helped the Cubs). I got to see his gem against the BoSox in June at Wrigley too, and boy he looks good this year. I'm kind of hoping the deal gets done, we get a young pitcher out of it, and then Demp resigns with the Cubs in the offseason (it could happen, right? :wink: ).

Spirit of the West Marching Band- 4 year Member
Kappa Kappa Psi

Now a Buckeye, but always a Bobcat

TIrwin24
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by TIrwin24 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:38 am

Son Of A Bitch.

Well, might as well move the Mariners to some random location now, say Albuquerque, New Mexico and start up a new franchise while we're at it. ](*,)

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:06 am

TIrwin24 wrote:Son Of A Bitch.

Well, might as well move the Mariners to some random location now, say Albuquerque, New Mexico and start up a new franchise while we're at it. ](*,)
Wouldn't Oklahoma City be handier.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:38 pm

allcat wrote:
TIrwin24 wrote:Son Of A Bitch.

Wouldn't Oklahoma City be handier.
Ouch. That's below the belt...

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:20 pm

I don't think it's that big of a loss for the Mariners, or a huge gain for the Yankees. You're talking about a corner outfielder (which is normally a power hitting position) with no power, and an OBP below .300. And he's pushing 40, which means his production is unlikely to magically get better all of a sudden. I know he's sort of an icon in Seattle, and he had many great years for the M's, but I think he's currently the most overrated player in the game. He's still an asset defensively, and he's still got good speed, although his speed isn't all that helpful since he rarely gets on base now.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:34 pm

Oh, and as a Braves fan, I think Dempster is a world class a**hole. Vetoing the trade to the Braves, after everyone thought it was a done deal (he apparently made it known beforehand, to both the Braves and the Cubs, that he would be open to playing for Atlanta), just put both organizations in a bad position. And it wouldn't even have been so bad if he had just outright nixed the deal, rather than being wishy washy about it, while holding out for a potential move to the Dodgers instead. And now it looks like that's not likely to happen either, which is good, because I hope he rots with the loser Cubs. Enjoy last place Ryan, because if you stay with the Cubs, you'll spend a lot of time there during the final years of your career.