2009 NFL Draft Discussion

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

JacksonHole_CAT
BobcatNation Redshirt

2009 NFL Draft Discussion

Post by JacksonHole_CAT » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:58 pm

Rate your NFL team's draft picks and tell us why the other teams were idiots!

I think the Bills should have gone for a TE with their first 1st round pick. Not too happy. Also not very happy that the Jets got Mark Sanchez (QB, USC).

"Can't wait 'til Saturday."

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2009 NFL Draft Discussion

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:00 pm

If you ever actually attend the NFL draft in person, you just admitted to the world you are a loser with nothing to live for.

Sorry, its just insane that many people go to such a meaningless event, hell it bad enough I keep track of it on TV every hour or two.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:17 pm

alright serious question?

how the hell do you justify trading a first round pick for a second round pick straight up(broncos to pats)

I just don't see how you can think someone is so good(alphonso smith?!) that he's worth a first round pick next year when you got him in the 2nd round this year!!!! :x

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:57 pm

So true, and people wonder why most fans know more than a large majority of the NFL scouts/coaches/draft gurus.

Nobody ever accused athletes of being good at math.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

BDizzle
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by BDizzle » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:14 am

I'm thrilled that the niners got Michael Crabtree with the 10th pick. They need a playmaking WR. Also happy they traded this years 2nd and 4th for next years 1st with Carolina. Not too thrilled about their RB choice from Alabama in the 3rd round.. Figured they could get some defensive help there.

GO GRIZ!

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:43 am

technoCat wrote:alright serious question?

how the hell do you justify trading a first round pick for a second round pick straight up(broncos to pats)

I just don't see how you can think someone is so good(alphonso smith?!) that he's worth a first round pick next year when you got him in the 2nd round this year!!!! :x
Well, being a Broncos fan, it was a bit of a head scratcher, but the way one ESPN analyist explained it, they would have to pay 4 draft picks first round money in the next two years. Now they only have to pay 3. That's about the only good reason for it.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl: