McDaniels vs. Cutler

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TeacherCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

McDaniels vs. Cutler

Post by TeacherCat » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:46 pm

Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies. -Thomas Jefferson

Billings_Griz
Golden Bobcat

Re: McDaniels vs. Cutler

Post by Billings_Griz » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:55 pm

I like Woody Paige:

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_11921509" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:46 pm

There are a lot of POS in the NFL, but it really would be hard to top Cutler.

What a fu*king baby, I almost wish the Donkeys would keep him........they deserve each other.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:49 pm

Pat Bowlen is went from brilliant, respected owner to popmous, idiotic fool in a matter of a couple months. It's gonna take years for my Broncos to recover from this mess. Never woulda happened had Shanahan not been fired. You are an imbecile, Pat Bowlen.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:54 am

For 10 days they tried to get a hold of him and he wouldn't return any calls. What a f*ckin baby!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad he's not going to be wearing the orange and blue. Now for the sake of karma, I hope they trade him to Detroit.

Broncos owner to grant Jay Cutler's trade request

DENVER (AP) -- Jay Cutler's days in Denver appear numbered.

The Denver Broncos' temperamental quarterback is about to receive his wish to be traded - a request he made last month after getting angry that his name came up in trade talks.

Team owner Pat Bowlen released a statement Tuesday night saying both he and coach Josh McDaniels had been unable to reach Cutler over the last 10 days. Bowlen said he spoke with Cutler's agent, Bus Cook, becoming convinced "that Jay no longer has any desire to play for the Denver Broncos."

Full Article: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/ ... TE=DEFAULT
Last edited by Cat-theotherwhitemeat on Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

Billings_Griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by Billings_Griz » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:21 am

Detroit wouldn't be a bad place to go. They have decent WR's and Kevin Smith at RB. They do need a QB.

McDaniel better produce wins or Bronco Nation will hang him.

FWIW, IMO, Cutler is a baby. The grass isn't always greener........

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:29 am

Billings_Griz wrote:Detroit wouldn't be a bad place to go. They have decent WR's and Kevin Smith at RB. They do need a QB.

i'm honestly not one way or another on this issue as a hate the broncos, but i'm a little surprised that the average fan that probably doesn't know the whole story(as is usually the case) is so quick to throw the pro-bowl quarterback under the bus rather than the new 32 year old coach from the patriots. i guess i just always looked at this story as a quarterback who lost trust in his new coach after learning his new coach was shopping him. and i also was under the impression that bronco fans really liked cutler and his rocket arm and competitiveness. and i recall many were up in arms over the guy when we learned that he was suffering from diabetes and had no idea. what changed? it's rare that a fan base sides with a new head coach over a stud young quarterback so i'm actually curious why so many seem to hate this kid who i can't recall doing anything seriously wrong. for what it's worth as a vikes fan i really wish we wouldn't have picked up rosenfells and could make a move for cutler. actually, i still wouldn't have a problem with them moving guys around and getting a guy like cutler. let's just say i'd rather see a starting qb battle between cutler and rosenfells than rosenfells and tavaris jackson! :oops:

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:41 am

whitetrashgriz wrote:
Billings_Griz wrote:Detroit wouldn't be a bad place to go. They have decent WR's and Kevin Smith at RB. They do need a QB.

i'm honestly not one way or another on this issue as a hate the broncos, but i'm a little surprised that the average fan that probably doesn't know the whole story(as is usually the case) is so quick to throw the pro-bowl quarterback under the bus rather than the new 32 year old coach from the patriots. i guess i just always looked at this story as a quarterback who lost trust in his new coach after learning his new coach was shopping him. and i also was under the impression that bronco fans really liked cutler and his rocket arm and competitiveness. and i recall many were up in arms over the guy when we learned that he was suffering from diabetes and had no idea. what changed? it's rare that a fan base sides with a new head coach over a stud young quarterback so i'm actually curious why so many seem to hate this kid who i can't recall doing anything seriously wrong. for what it's worth as a vikes fan i really wish we wouldn't have picked up rosenfells and could make a move for cutler. actually, i still wouldn't have a problem with them moving guys around and getting a guy like cutler. let's just say i'd rather see a starting qb battle between cutler and rosenfells than rosenfells and tavaris jackson! :oops:
I realize that I don't know the whole story but for me it's like this. Trades or possible trades are part of the NFL. They can and do happen to anyone, just ask Brett Favre. Getting ones feelings hurt in the NFL....to me is being too sensitive (i.e. baby). I realize that McDaniels probably could have handled the situation differently but Cutler needed to just move on and get over it. He didn't. The fact that he won't even return some phone calls by the coach and owner tells me that he's just a big baby. Maybe I'm being a little harsh but I've never been sold on Cutler. I've had high hopes for the guy but his leadership abilities have, in my mind, always been a question mark. No longer though.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

Billings_Griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by Billings_Griz » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:12 am

I'm a Cowboys fan but like the Vikes too. Cutler would be a good get for the Vikes.

BDizzle
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by BDizzle » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:13 pm

I hate the Broncos so don't really care what happens. I wish the Niners could get Cutler for cheap but that ain't gonna happen. Anyways, why would McDaniels wants Cassell over Cutler? Yes Cassell is from New England and had an ok year but seriously Cutler is the better QB.

GO GRIZ!

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:18 pm

Cat-theotherwhitemeat wrote:
whitetrashgriz wrote:

I realize that I don't know the whole story but for me it's like this. Trades or possible trades are part of the NFL. They can and do happen to anyone, just ask Brett Favre. Getting ones feelings hurt in the NFL....to me is being too sensitive (i.e. baby). I realize that McDaniels probably could have handled the situation differently but Cutler needed to just move on and get over it. He didn't. The fact that he won't even return some phone calls by the coach and owner tells me that he's just a big baby. Maybe I'm being a little harsh but I've never been sold on Cutler. I've had high hopes for the guy but his leadership abilities have, in my mind, always been a question mark. No longer though.
i agree with some of what you're saying but another huge part in the nfl is respect. obviously trades are part of the game, but there is a right way and a wrong way of making them in my opinion. first of all, in this case, i think it's a sign of disrespect just considering trading cutler for cassel. i only say this because cutler is a pro-bowler playing with diabetes, and cassel had a great season but so has every qb to play for that team. if anything he helped prove the point of those that argue that tom brady might not be the greatest thing since sliced bread....but maybe, just maybe, he was a part of a great system. anyway, that's all besides the point. secondly, i would be pissed too if i was a pro-bowler, supposedly the future of the franchise, and i heard mumblings of a trade between me and a guy whose been 2nd string his entire career after highschool. no different than if payton manning woke up tomorrow and saw on the news they were shopping him for eli! it's one thing to be on the trading block. it's an entirely different thing to learn on tv you are on the trading block, and it's rumored it's gonna be straight up for a guy who hasn't done anything. i guess i tend to side with the players in these matters, and didn't know that broncos fans thought cutler was a baby. i think he's a top five qb in this league and will probably have about 6-7 teams trying to get him. i guess good luck to the broncs with whoever calls your snaps from here.

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:14 pm

whitetrashgriz wrote:
Cat-theotherwhitemeat wrote:
whitetrashgriz wrote:

i agree with some of what you're saying but another huge part in the nfl is respect. obviously trades are part of the game, but there is a right way and a wrong way of making them in my opinion. first of all, in this case, i think it's a sign of disrespect just considering trading cutler for cassel. i only say this because cutler is a pro-bowler playing with diabetes, and cassel had a great season but so has every qb to play for that team. if anything he helped prove the point of those that argue that tom brady might not be the greatest thing since sliced bread....but maybe, just maybe, he was a part of a great system. anyway, that's all besides the point. secondly, i would be pissed too if i was a pro-bowler, supposedly the future of the franchise, and i heard mumblings of a trade between me and a guy whose been 2nd string his entire career after highschool. no different than if payton manning woke up tomorrow and saw on the news they were shopping him for eli! it's one thing to be on the trading block. it's an entirely different thing to learn on tv you are on the trading block, and it's rumored it's gonna be straight up for a guy who hasn't done anything. i guess i tend to side with the players in these matters, and didn't know that broncos fans thought cutler was a baby. i think he's a top five qb in this league and will probably have about 6-7 teams trying to get him. i guess good luck to the broncs with whoever calls your snaps from here.
Good post WTG. My thoughts exactly. Sure, Culter is acting somewhat immature, but I'd be pissed too if my boss went behind my back to offer my job to someone who was not as talented as me, then try to cover it up. Like I said, Bowlen started this whole fiasco when he fired Shanahan. McDumb will fail, and this once proud franchise will be in shambles.

:kicksrock:

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Billings_Griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by Billings_Griz » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:27 am

Now Cutler is saying the Broncos never tried to call him. (the Broncos are saying they've called and Cutlers not answering)

Somebody's lieing!

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:58 am

This thing has gotten out of hand. I don't know who to believe anymore but I still put more blame on Cutler. I think he got pissed over Shanahan's firing and never got over it. I was for a change (getting a new coach) but McDaniels hasn't even coached a game yet and he's in the hot seat. Not a good start.

The Broncos need to draft a new young stud at QB and bring in a veteran QB to take the snaps while he develops for a year. I'm wondering if Brett Favre would play another year for the Broncos.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:53 am

I am enjoying all of this:

I love the disarray of the Donkeys
I love the Donkey fans up in arms and miserable.
I love that this can only be a cancer to this team and they will fall apart for at a minimum 5 years.

It would be the coup de grace if they followed up Detroits 0-16 with one or two of their own.

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

Ponycat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Ponycat » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:15 pm

I agree, couldn't happen to a better franchise.

The devil made me do it the first time... the second time I done it on my own.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:47 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote:I am enjoying all of this:

I love the disarray of the Donkeys
I love the Donkey fans up in arms and miserable.
I love that this can only be a cancer to this team and they will fall apart for at a minimum 5 years.

It would be the coup de grace if they followed up Detroits 0-16 with one or two of their own.

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

To complete your fantasy how about McDaniels hiring Hauck to be a coordinator??????

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:16 pm

Is it possible that Bowlen and McDaniels orchestrated this whole thing to get rid of Cutler and get some value in return? If you come right out and trade him teams might be suspisious and you lose value but if it seems like you want and need him but have no choice does it drive the asking price up?

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:46 pm

gtapp wrote:Is it possible that Bowlen and McDaniels orchestrated this whole thing to get rid of Cutler and get some value in return? If you come right out and trade him teams might be suspisious and you lose value but if it seems like you want and need him but have no choice does it drive the asking price up?
I'd say that's a goofy scenario but since you can bench 400 pounds....

I agree, good reasoning. =D^

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:23 pm

Just heard on Fox Sports radio that Cutler was traded to the Bears.

GO CATS!!!