2017 Class C 6-Man Playoffs (Championship)

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

2017 Class C 6-Man Playoffs (Championship)

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:49 pm

Playoff Bracket: http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/docu ... ket-C6.pdf

Westby/Grenora (#1 East) at Bridger (#1 South)

Westby/Grenora Key Players - QB/DB Jeremiah Paine (Sr.), RB/DE Brian Field (Sr.), RB/LB Brandon Ledahl (Jr.)

Bridger Key Players - QB/RB/LB Colter Zentner (Sr.), WR/LB Russell Zentner (Sr.), WR/LB Colby Zentner (Jr.)
Bridger defeated White Sulphur Springs 64-36 (My prediction was Bridger wins 44-20)

Westby/Grenora defeated Valier 59-19 (My prediction was Westby/Grenora wins 60-34)

Semifinal Game Recaps from Montana Sports: http://www.montanasports.com/2017/11/11 ... mpionship/
The most intriguing matchup of all five of these title games might be in 6-Man as Westby/Grenora and Bridger will face off in a rematch of a September 1 thriller that saw the Thunder win 48-47 in overtime. In that game, Thunder QB Jeremiah Paine threw six touchdown passes with RB Brian Field catching three of them. Bridger QB Colter Zentner threw three touchdowns and ran in another as Bridger held a 22-0 lead early in the game. Westby/Grenora closed the gap to 35-27 by halftime. In the second half, both defenses clamped down for 6-Man standards but Bridger allowed 14 3rd quarter points to put the Thunder up 41-35 after three. In the 4th, Colter Zentner hit WR Nick Althoff for a 20-yard touchdown pass late in the 4th to tie the game but the Scouts extra point failed which meant overtime. The Thunder struck first with a Paine touchdown pass to Field along with a successful extra point. On the ensuing possession, the Thunder defense held strong and won possibly the best game all year in 6-Man. Now these two teams meet again as both are playing their best football down the stretch. The Thunder roll out an impressive passing attack led by QB Jeremiah Paine and a slew of talented wide receivers. Bridger is led by QB Colter Zentner who tosses is up to a group of receivers that can compete with anyone is 6-Man. Because of the talent on both sides of the ball, this could either be a shootout or a defensive battle. Both teams know each other relatively well considering the distance between them as Westby/Grenora knocked Bridger out of the playoffs last year in the semis by a score of 30-19. Bridger dominated their side of the bracket but so did Westby/Grenora. The best part about this matchup is that the fans 100% get to see the two most impressive teams in 6-Man. I chose Westby/Grenora at the beginning of the playoffs and I'm going to stick with my prediction.

Prediction: 46-40
Last edited by VimSince03 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: 2017 Class C 6-Man Playoffs (Championship)

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:04 pm

VimSince03 wrote:Playoff Bracket: http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/docu ... ket-C6.pdf

Westby/Grenora Key Players - QB/DB Jeremiah Paine (Sr.), RB/DE Brian Field (Sr.), RB/LB Brandon Ledahl (Jr.)

Bridger Key Players - QB/RB/LB Colter Zentner (Sr.), WR/LB Russell Zentner (Sr.), WR/LB Colby Zentner (Jr.)

Prediction:
So, you're saying Bridger wouldn't be very good without the Zentner family? :D

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:41 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:Playoff Bracket: http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/docu ... ket-C6.pdf

Prediction:
So, you're saying Bridger wouldn't be very good without the Zentner family? :D
Haha...correct. Ryan was a senior last year and got selected to the Shrine Game. He now is playing basketball for Rocky. His younger brother Russell really grew up this year.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Bemiller49
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bemiller49 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:17 am

Right Team, not expecting score though.