2017 Class A Playoffs (Championship)

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

2017 Class A Playoffs (Championship)

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:43 pm

Playoff Bracket: http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/docu ... cket-A.pdf

Hamilton (#1 Southwest) at Columbia Falls (#1 Northwest)

Hamilton Key Players – WR/DB Ty Chouinard (Sr.), RB Bridger Bauder (Sr.), QB/S Carson Rostad (So.), WR/DB Camron Rothie (Jr.), OL Zach Fussell (Sr.), LB Michael Golden (Jr.)

Columbia Falls Key Players - QB/SS Austin Green (Sr.), WR/FS Ben Windauer (Sr.), FB/DL Logan Kolodejchuk (Sr.), RB/LB Colten McPhee (Jr.), OL/DL Gage Karlin (Jr.), LB Tanner Gove (Jr.)
Columbia Falls defeated Sidney 17-0 (My prediction was Columbia Falls wins 28-17)

Hamilton defeated Billings Central 35-28 (My prediction was Hamilton wins 36-14)

Semifinal Game Recaps from Montana Sports: http://www.montanasports.com/2017/11/11 ... mpionship/
These two teams met in the first week of the season with Columbia Falls beating Hamilton 23-20. It was an outstanding game. Wildcats QB Austin Green had one of his highest offensive outputs of the season with 226 yards through the air and 130 on the ground with two total touchdowns (1 passing/1 rushing). However, Green turned the ball over three times with three interceptions. Broncs QB Carson Rostad had one of his lowest offensive outputs with 155 yards passing and 68 yards rushing with three total touchdowns (2 passing/1 rushing) and an interception. Green was the leading rusher for the Wildcats with FB Logan Kolodejchek adding 43 yards on 6 carries. Bridger Bauder was the leading rusher for Hamilton with 90 yards on 20 carries. Wildcats WR Ben Windauer had one of his best games of the year as he hauled in 8 catches for 121 yards and one touchdown with Drew Morgan adding another 63 yards on 6 receptions. Broncs WR Camron Rothie lead Hamilton with 82 receiving yards on 4 catches and a touchdown while star WR Ty Chouinard added 55 yards on 6 catches and a touchdown. Columbia Falls outgained Hamilton 407-332 but Hamilton took a 20-16 lead into the 4th quarter. The thing I take the most from this early matchup was how different each team is from the beginning of the year to this week's state title game. For Columbia Falls, RB Colten McPhee has really improved a lot his junior season and has taken on a larger role throughout the year, especially on offense. For Hamilton, sophomore sensation Carson Rostad has steadily gained more confidence throughout the year and now is arguably one of the Top 5 players in Class A. Columbia Falls needed to find a new identity in 2017 because they knew they wouldn't be the same outfit from last year's pass-heavy state runner-up squad. The Wildcats responded by being one of the best rushing attacks in the entire state with a three-headed monster of QB Austin Green, RB Colten McPhee, and FB Logan Kolodejchuk (McPhee and Kolodejchuk are each over 200 lbs.). Columbia Falls also boasts arguably the best defense in Class A. Hamilton's offense was talented but under-achieving in 2016 as they had a Top 5 offensive line at any level in Montana and the same collection of playmakers who have been outstanding throughout 2017. Head Coach Bryce Carver has done an excellent job of getting everyone involved. Anyway, the first game was a back and forth battle between both teams and I expect another great game.

Prediction: Columbia Falls wins 28-26

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Bemiller49
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: 2017 Class A Playoffs (Championship)

Post by Bemiller49 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:20 am

GOod call on the winner, but C Falls D was on a mission these playoffs.