State C Boys

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

State C Boys

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:50 pm

State C boys final at the Brick: Manhattan Christian vs. Arlee. An all Western C final. Don't think that has happened too often in recent history. Both teams won their semi-finals relatively easily.
Arlee is the heavy favorite tomorrow night. They beat MCHS by about 20 in the Western C final two weeks ago. Arlee is incredibly fast, skilled, and athletic.

Arlee faced Hays-Lodgepole in the first highly anticipated semi-final tonight. Worthington Arena was almost full-it was a great atmosphere. MCHS beat a scrappy but hopelessly undersized Scobey team by 20 in the second semi-final. I don't think Scobey had a kid over 6' and MCHS only had one kid under 6'.

Lovethecats75
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: State C Boys

Post by Lovethecats75 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:22 am

You are correct in saying it was a great atmosphere. If anyone in the Bozeman area is looking to watch some fun basketball get out to the Brick tonight.
I watched Arlee and MC in Butte at the Divisional tournament. Arlee in 3 games and MC in 4 with the challange game. Also watched both teams in both games here at state. Arlee played their best game by far against MC 2 weeks ago and MC one of their worst that night. Tonights game should be a great game. If MC can take advantage of their size and handle Arlees press we will have one great game for sure. I always enjoy watching well coached highschool basketball and that is what we have in both teams.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:46 pm

Was a lot of fun tonight. The Brick close to full. Great atmosphere.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:49 pm

Another huge crowd in the Fieldhouse for the championship. Arlee tops Manhattan Christian 71-67. Dang it.

MCHS came out guns a blazin' going right to the hole with it and establishing a bit of a lead. Arlee came out a little tight-carrying the weight of being the favorite. I think it was tied at halftime. After the half Arlee's outside shots started falling and when I say outside-I mean beyone NBA range. MCHS stayed in contact and tied it maybe went ahead now and then, but a spate of turnovers at the 5 minute mark of the 4th quarter doomed them. Whenever MCHS broke the press and got it inside they were unstoppable. But many times they gave it up before crossing the half line. Arlee was just too quick for them.

Arlee's first state title and the first State C boy's basketball title for a west of the divide school since Seeley-Swan in 1968 (or somewhere around then). MCHS now has one state title (1984) and I believe five 2nd places.

Lovethecats75
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Lovethecats75 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:57 am

WOW what a game. Fieldhouse was full and it is what a championship game should be. MC put up a good fight but in the end it was turnovers that did them in. Something like 19 to 2 in tournovers. Arlee just too quick and MC unable to handle the defensive pressure. Way different game than 2 week ago but with the same outcome.
Would love to see the class C boys tournament here again.

MTCowpoke22
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MTCowpoke22 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:24 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:State C boys final at the Brick: Manhattan Christian vs. Arlee. An all Western C final. Don't think that has happened too often in recent history. Both teams won their semi-finals relatively easily.
Arlee is the heavy favorite tomorrow night. They beat MCHS by about 20 in the Western C final two weeks ago. Arlee is incredibly fast, skilled, and athletic.

Arlee faced Hays-Lodgepole in the first highly anticipated semi-final tonight. Worthington Arena was almost full-it was a great atmosphere. MCHS beat a scrappy but hopelessly undersized Scobey team by 20 in the second semi-final. I don't think Scobey had a kid over 6' and MCHS only had one kid under 6'.
The taller of the two Ralston twins for Scobey was listed at 6'1". Not sure if that was in 3" heels, or his actual height.

There's the truth, and then there's what's reported in the papers.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:55 pm

Lovethecats75 wrote:WOW what a game. Fieldhouse was full and it is what a championship game shoul I pressure. Way different game than 2 week ago but with the same outcome.
Would love to see the class C boys tournament here again.

Would love to see the tournament in Bozeman again. I would also love for the local paper to be more aware of the opportunity to promote the tournament.
Very poor coverage and advertising by the chronicle (little boy paper does not deserve caps) leading up to the opening of the tournament. Very little reason for visiting fans to buy the local paper. Many missed revenue opportunities by local businesses to capitalize on advertising. Missed marketing opportunities as well by MSU.