HS track

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSUalum
BobcatNation Redshirt

HS track

Post by MSUalum » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:24 pm

Anyone have guesses on HS finishes this year? Class AA: Bozeman is looking tough this year, but I know some of the Billings schools should be good as well.
Class A: Possibly whitefish, not sure on other shools
Class B: My nephew is a sprinter for Manhattan, they should contend this year. With the high finish last year, a bunch of kids went out this year, so they have a lot of options. Thompson Falls will be good, although they lost a few kids from last years team.
Class C: Joliet and Charlo will both be good.

Who am I missing?

rollo_tumasi
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: HS track

Post by rollo_tumasi » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:14 am

I only know AA, but I have a very good pulse on it.
Boys...Big runaway this year will be West, with Great Falls, Senior, & Bozeman being contenders for 2nd.
Girls... A dog fight between West & Senior, with Big Sky, Bozeman, & Glacier fighting for 3rd.

I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches.'

Billings Cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Billings Cat » Sat May 28, 2011 9:12 pm

rollo_tumasi wrote:I only know AA, but I have a very good pulse on it.
Boys...Big runaway this year will be West, with Great Falls, Senior, & Bozeman being contenders for 2nd.
Girls... A dog fight between West & Senior, with Big Sky, Bozeman, & Glacier fighting for 3rd.
West boys big runaway...not so much...Senior boys and girls both take state.

And West girls go down in softball...maybe they should have been rooting for Senior instead of Butte during the play-in game to the championship like they were sitting along the fence on the Butte side being quite vocal...well they got what they wanted--Butte High and the Lady Bulldogs beat them two in a row...haha

MSUalum
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by MSUalum » Sat May 28, 2011 10:15 pm

Great track meet in Butte today. Senior did very well in both B&G winning both handily. Darby was strong in B to win the title with Manhattan close at thier heals. girls B was a classic finish. Cut Bank held the lead into the last event, the 4X400 relay. Glascow was in second by 5 points before the race. glascow took 2nd in the relay and Cutbank didn't place, so glascow won state by 4 points.

AA jav was a surprise. A freshman from glacier surprised everyone with a toss of 194+. That was by far his longest throw this year from what I heard. Spirlin placed fifth.

All around good time and fun to watch. =D^

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sun May 29, 2011 12:32 pm

Perhaps you should have noticed what that kid from Glaciers last name was....Ogden!

I'm assuming he's the brother or cousin of Dan. Hopefully he's as good of a football player.

MSUalum
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by MSUalum » Sun May 29, 2011 4:20 pm

Ya, you are right. I forgot to mention it, he is ogdens little bro. He is big, and hopefully a footballer as well.

Platinumcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Platinumcat » Mon May 30, 2011 12:13 pm

Hey MSUalum,
Where is this "Glascow" you speak of?

Oh, and I'm Jason Wiers, Platinum Property Management

MSUalum
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by MSUalum » Mon May 30, 2011 10:20 pm

Haven't you heard of the glascow, somewhere on the highline between Sacow, Woofpoint, and Popular. obviously spelling wasn't the highlight of my post above. At least you knew what I meant. :)

drider64
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by drider64 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:07 am

Yes, Todd Ogden is Dan's brother. He will be a sophmore this upcoming year. He is a qb, midle linebacker, punter, kicker, and kick return man. #1 freshman in the country for Javelin and a real good basketball player as well. It's great to be a step-dad to all the Ogden boys.