playoff scores

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BgCATfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: playoff scores

Post by BgCATfan » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:59 pm

Chinook 60 Wibaux 6 halftime

BgCATfan

Post by BgCATfan » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:25 pm

chinook 74 wibaux 6 in the third

Platinumcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Platinumcat » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:47 pm

Very happy for Chinook. But what happened? I can't imagine that there was that big of a difference in the teams.

Oh, and I'm Jason Wiers, Platinum Property Management

BgCATfan

Post by BgCATfan » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:39 am

Chinook just pounded Wibaux, offensively and defensively, one of those games where everything they did was right. Really good line play. Chinook had 68 pts in the third qtr, and only three first downs. Lots of big plays. Wibaux fans pretty much all left after the first qtr.

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:29 am

BgCATfan wrote:Chinook just pounded Wibaux, offensively and defensively, one of those games where everything they did was right. Really good line play. Chinook had 68 pts in the third qtr, and only three first downs. Lots of big plays. Wibaux fans pretty much all left after the first qtr.
How does a team score 68 points and only have 3 first downs? A lot of turnovers inside the 10? Or are first downs not awarded in high school for TDs that had sufficient yardage for a first down?

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

BgCATfan

Post by BgCATfan » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:14 pm

nevadacat wrote:
BgCATfan wrote:Chinook just pounded Wibaux, offensively and defensively, one of those games where everything they did was right. Really good line play. Chinook had 68 pts in the third qtr, and only three first downs. Lots of big plays. Wibaux fans pretty much all left after the first qtr.
How does a team score 68 points and only have 3 first downs? A lot of turnovers inside the 10? Or are first downs not awarded in high school for TDs that had sufficient yardage for a first down?
I was wondering that myself, apparently they don't award a first down on a scoring play.
I do know there were a lot of big plays though, (Wibaux turnover, Chinook score on first or second play).

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:32 pm

barechestcat wrote:Very happy for Chinook. But what happened? I can't imagine that there was that big of a difference in the teams.

After seeing some of Chinooks Wrestlers this weekend I can see how they man handled Wibaux. They have some horses.

IYAACYAS